IGNORED

Joy and Austin 13: Another Duggar Pregnancy Grandbaby 10

Coconut Flan

40 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

No, the reason I'm bothered about it is this: Once again, the Duggars and their spawn are sending the message that the TRUE PURPOSE of a woman is to have babies, and the only real value of women is to get pregnant, birth, and raise umpteen children for Gawd.

Well said. Unfortunately there's still very much a part of society as a whole that can't seem to accept women can be fulfilled without children. Sure you can have high powered careers but must have kids to go with it :( 

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quadruplet girls. The ULTIMATE next-gen sister-mom brigade. Put that in your tater tot casserole and bake it, Michelle. 

People keep saying that the endless conveyor belt of Duggar grandbabies is boring now, and I agree, BUT - the race is now on to see who can a) have the first girl (apparently Mackyznie and Meredith don't count), and b) have the first set of twins.

18 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Pampers, Huggies, or Luvs Diapers,

Pretty sure none of these companies even donate to parents of multiples, anymore - unless there are more than six in the litter.

@FloraDoraDolly that is how I feel as well. For the average person that has children young or very early in the marriage, they aren't going to be constantly having kids for the next two decades. One of my cousins eloped at 20 and quickly got pregnant, and now has 3 kids under 5, but have said their family is complete. She will sending them all to school in a few years and will be able to finish college then if she feels like it or pursue other interests.  I say finish school for her because as a FB oversharer she has lamented about wishing she had graduated with her friends and was doing activites beyond making bottles and changing diapers.

Yes I know fundie women are not brought up to even think about college or really pursue hobbies at least after marriage...for me saying I feel sad for them is my way of talking out how hard it is to wrap my head around the way they are brought up. I have such a hard time believing anyone would truly be happy having baby after baby from the time they're married till they hit menopause and that the stress of so many kids isn't secretly overwhelming to them.

I know that Joy is very  young, and it's not ideal she is pregnant but I actually find I am more concerned about the future offspring of crazy Jill Rodriguez (and the poor existing child who will need to go chicken legless to feed this new one), and Szu Anderson.  

Austin has repeatedly said, in describing Joy, that she's a hard worker and self sacrificing. The Duggar kids weren't taught  to have interests, although  a few of them do. 

Their primary focus, aside from breeding, is to have "a servants heart" and devote their lives to being slaves, I mean, helpers to others.

Although, that seems to fly out the window for most of them after marriage. While they are still at home, though, it's all about doing for others, not personal growth and developement.

What a shame that this CHILD is pregnant.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I was indeed surprised when I heard the news.  Sigh.  

50 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

That's a good idea, but I think the Josh scandals doomed anything like that for them. They're just too controversial and divisive at this point.

I don't know, Jenelle from Teen Mom 2 still gets endorsement deals and she was filmed doing heroin instead of watching her kids, so I feel like some of those companies might not be too picky!

12 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I don't know, Jenelle from Teen Mom 2 still gets endorsement deals and she was filmed doing heroin instead of watching her kids, so I feel like some of those companies might not be too picky!

Really? Well scratch everything I said, then! I'm totally out of the loop.

Someone was saying it's hard to understand why all they want is babies and marriage. I grew up conservative Christian. My husband grew up very "fundie/fundie-lite" when he was a teenager, and his sisters were younger and very much influenced by that lifestyle. With the comparitively short time they were involved compared to the Duggar family, even they have had a very difficult time "coming out of it." One of the sisters  in particular has always been more geared towards wanting a family/ kids, so she was more immersed into the "fundie" woman roles. It becomes a whole way of life and in order to have any acceptance by anyone in your life you have to follow the rules. It's like super severe peer pressure with lots of extra "religious" guilt. It gets to a point where you are keeping yourself entrapped because the only way to have relationship and get approval is to toe-the super thin line, especially if you're the overachiever type-a type. If you crave love and a relationship, you find it in the guidelines of courtship or you could lose your family and if you lose your family it's like next to damnation. The kids are held responsible for good relationships with their parents, and you're next to a perfect heathen if you rebel, ever. I think anyone would have a hard time facing the loss of family by choosing a different lifestyle.  After a while you don't even realize that you are just parroting your parent's and friend's  beliefs and you really begin to believe it for yourself. You can't even question anything because the amount of guilt you face on a daily basis is staggering, and there is usually no one to go to who won't place the blame back on you for questioning. You start to truly believe that is the only way to live. 

( I hope this makes sense. First post/ exhausted from work/ this was easier than facing hours of charting)

54 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

What a shame that this CHILD is pregnant.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I was indeed surprised when I heard the news.  Sigh.  

She is not a child. She is a grown woman, immature as she may be, and calling her a child only serves to take away any agency she has in making decisions. 

2 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

Jill did continue with her "studies" after she had a baby.  She may not even know that her "studies" were not sufficient.  She did seem to have some interests.  I agree she wasn't planning on actually working, but she probably wanted to deliver all her sister's kids.  

She should have continued with those "studies" during her meet and greet and courtship phases- who thinks that AFTER a baby is the best time to study and take tests or what ever mumbo-jumbo she did to secure whatever useless certificate that she obtained? Just shows you how out of touch these folks are with regards to how the real world operates.

1 hour ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Austin has repeatedly said, in describing Joy, that she's a hard worker and self sacrificing. The Duggar kids weren't taught  to have interests, although  a few of them do. 

Their primary focus, aside from breeding, is to have "a servants heart" and devote their lives to being slaves, I mean, helpers to others.

Although, that seems to fly out the window for most of them after marriage. While they are still at home, though, it's all about doing for others, not personal growth and developement.

Words, platitudes...servants' hearts- Like who have they served other than JB and M Duggar? 

When have these folks really done any of the heavy lifting; seen something through from start to finish?

It's all so corny and fake.

27 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

She is not a child. She is a grown woman, immature as she may be, and calling her a child only serves to take away any agency she has in making decisions. 

Yes, legally she is an adult (by a matter of months, not years, right?); but don't human brains continue developing into "adulthood" through age 25 or something? 

Add to that (if I'm remembering that correctly) the *incredibly* limited life experience and perspective and worldview one has thanks to being raised in fundamentalist religion, and only just having moved out of her parents' home...yeah, I am sympathetic to the view of her as still being a child.

...And once again so incredibly grateful for having the opportunity to be childfree-by-choice and married to someone like-minded. Thank Rufus.

2 hours ago, Kleine Vampirin said:

Quadruplet girls. The ULTIMATE next-gen sister-mom brigade. Put that in your tater tot casserole and bake it, Michelle. 

Do we have evidence that Meechelle knows how to make TTC?

3 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

Jill did continue with her "studies" after she had a baby.  She may not even know that her "studies" were not sufficient.  She did seem to have some interests.  I agree she wasn't planning on actually working, but she probably wanted to deliver all her sister's kids.  

Please, Rufus, Do not let  Jill do this for Joy.

Yep Jill was the one to pull out little Henry, though I think someone else was there as well. I would imagine it would be extra special to her to deliver her buddy's baby. 

Jill was in CA when Spurge was born but was facetiming with Jessa then IIRC.

3 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

Do you mean baby #1 - when Jessa nearly bled to death?

No, she was not in the country for that one, but video chatted in.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  

3 hours ago, Kleine Vampirin said:

Do we have evidence that Meechelle knows how to make TTC?

5 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

Yep Jill was the one to pull out little Henry

Wait, what? Jill delivered Henry? How did I miss this? After bleeding out with SES, she let Jill be the lead in her next, home delivery? If so, Jessa is more than a brick shy.

Sorry, I love my sister, but I wouldn't want her anywhere near me during a delivery.. I wouldn't care if she was the head of an OB department!

To me there's a difference in saying that it's wrong Joy's choices have been limited by patriarchy to being a stay at home mom (emphasis on the lack of decision making over her own life goals, there's nothing wrong with choosing to be a SAHM)- and saying it's sad that she's a child having children.

Her only choice after falling in love (or having her first crush) was to get married and consequently get pregnant, because quiverfull. Since that happened young, she became a young mom. The sad part is she had no choice about that then and won't have any other choice going forward to go back to school or work.

But I think a blanket statement that being a young or teen mom is sad can come off as mom-shaming (as if young women can't be good moms). Sure, there are unique challenges.

As a society we don't want all young women to have their only choice being early marriage and early pregnancy. But I think the issue is choice rather than seeing a woman Joy's age as incapable of parenting well.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived