IGNORED

Bates 22: Courting, Marrying, and Trying to not Look Fundie

Coconut Flan

I saw an old video--the one where Nathan and Ashley broke up--and in the Talking Heads part the boys--Lawson, Nathan, and Trace--talk about his parents having broken up a lot (and honestly looking at the pictures they kept showing, Gil looked very different).  Do we know anything about this? 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, divadivine said:

I'm wondering if Alyssa & John have evacuated due to the impending hurricane? I can't remember exactly where they live in Florida. 

Someone asked in another thread too. They live in central Florida, near Orlando (as @ColeJosaid.) Some of the Florida posters here have said that most people not in the big danger zone (like Miami) probably won't evacuate. And even some in the danger zone won't leave for various reasons - mostly because they can't due to lack of resources, no place to shelter, medical reasons, etc. 

Florida is probably going to get hit very badly, but I don't think the Websters have too much to worry about where they are. I could be wrong though and I do hope they - and everyone else in the state and the countries affected - makes it through ok. 

A lot of the Bates boys went to the JoKen wedding, but it looks like Carlin and Katie went with Kelly for her speaking engagement (:my_rolleyes:) at Peoples Baptist Church in Atlanta.

Another (public) Instagram post with them.

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

My god. Those teeth....are so perfect and white. No offence but for me as a Dutchie those teeth are so... American :my_biggrin:

No, seriously... they're practically glowing. I wonder if it's the filter?

I think Katie looks totally different with blonde hair and her braces taken off! She's going to be quite the beauty, like the Bates women in general. 

21 hours ago, divadivine said:

I'm wondering if Alyssa & John have evacuated due to the impending hurricane? I can't remember exactly where they live in Florida. 

Likely no. The area where they live is not coastal and wouldn't be threatened by storm surge. There's a saying in Florida "run from water, hide from wind." They are probably hunkered down in their house. Also. their home looks to be post-Andrew construction meaning that it would have been built to higher codes than pre-Andrew built homes.

I saw somewhere asking about the Kellers, as well. IIRC, they live in a mobile home so they should have evacuated.

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

Likely no. The area where they live is not coastal and wouldn't be threatened by storm surge. There's a saying in Florida "run from water, hide from wind." They are probably hunkered down in their house. Also. their home looks to be post-Andrew construction meaning that it would have been built to higher codes than pre-Andrew built homes.

I saw somewhere asking about the Kellers, as well. IIRC, they live in a mobile home so they should have evacuated.

I forgot about the Kellers being in Florida. 

One of our students posted today that she & her Mom had to evacuate. It was mandatory because they are in an area that could be flooded by storm surge. Several of our students in the Orlando area are prepping for the wind & rain. Hoping it's not as bad as expected. One friend works at Universal Studios and he's off work until Tuesday. He and his Mom are prepped and ready. We have a board member in Homestead. They are not evacuating. That worries me. But I figure they have been through this before and know how to handle things and where to go if things get bad. My friend in West Palm is staying, too. He couldn't get out in time, so he & his husband have boarded things up and they have their supplies ready. It's so scary. 

We live about 30 minutes from the Websters. Most people I know here stayed, although residents of mobile homes did receive a mandatory evacuation order yesterday. We boarded up and have food for days, now we're just biding our time. Most of my family is in Miami and they all decided to stay there as well. I'm worried about them, but we're Andrew survivors, we know what to do.

They use that phrase a lot 'never has a negative word to say about anyone.' I think the last time I saw it used was directed to Whitney. First of all, the Bates and Duggars and their ilk have a lot of negative things to say about people. Like, say, homosexuals.  

And sometimes its important to have a negative word to say about people. Particularly when they're homophobic, racist, bigots, misogynists to boot. But I guess Bless Her Heart. 

10 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

They use that phrase a lot 'never has a negative word to say about anyone.' I think the last time I saw it used was directed to Whitney. First of all, the Bates and Duggars and their ilk have a lot of negative things to say about people. Like, say, homosexuals.  

And sometimes its important to have a negative word to say about people. Particularly when they're homophobic, racist, bigots, misogynists to boot. But I guess Bless Her Heart. 

Your mistake is here is thinking that queers or POC are people which in their doctrine isn't true. 

8 hours ago, FeministFunPolice said:

Your mistake is here is thinking that queers or POC are people which in their doctrine isn't true. 

That is very true. 

I finally watched the episode.  Makes me want to do a ropes course now.  LOL.  One of the more entertaining episodes.  Gil is totally going to give permission to Evan and Bobby.  At least his response doesn't seem like posturing as it does with JB.  Also, why don't we call out Zach more on his jackassery?  He's got that oldest brother patriarchal crap going on.  At least Whitney usually rolls her eyes or raises an eyebrow when he makes a self aggrandizing remark.  It was kind of funny when he made a joke about if Jed was the first kid it would have been a family of one and someone else would have had 19 kids.  But then he follows it up with a statement about how someone else would have to have [wonderful] kid like him.  Now if he said it with a laugh I would have passed it off as a joke.  But he actually makes a statement like this in every TH he does.  

21 hours ago, JMO said:

Also, why don't we call out Zach more on his jackassery?  He's got that oldest brother patriarchal crap going on.  At least Whitney usually rolls her eyes or raises an eyebrow when he makes a self aggrandizing remark.

What does he say? I don't (can't) watch the show, but I'd be really interested in knowing. I agree that in your example he sounds kind of douchebaggy, but it doesn't sound very patriarchal to me.

I am kind of annoyed by how Zach and Whit are often praised here, so I like hearing about them being assholes. :kitty-wink:

The Bates are going rogue clothing-wise. There was an insta-story of them watching the eclipse with several Bates sporting that kind of cleavage. Someone call the moral police!!!

On 9/10/2017 at 2:09 PM, candygirl200413 said:

@VineHeart137 Glad you are all safe and sound!

Thank you! The eye ended up coming a LOT closer to us than was projected. It was pretty scary to listen to when it passed us. Lost power for about 24 hours and our yard is a hot mess but we are good (and my kid slept through the whole thing!)

5 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

To be fair, on the Zach issue, i think he was kidding.  I think it was a badly delivered joke but I think he was kidding. 

If it was a one time thing I would agree but this is a frequent "joke" that he makes and I think that's because he believes that it has some truth to it.   He says it as a joke in order to try and not seem like an ass. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived