IGNORED

Bates 22: Courting, Marrying, and Trying to not Look Fundie

Coconut Flan

WTF. They have Gil, Lawson (if he's not currently travelling), Trace, Carlin and Josie at home. That's five adults, plus Katie is also old enough to cook. And they make Michaela come to their house to cook?!? I mean, if she just wanted to come to be with her mom after her surgery, that's kind of sweet. But to COOK? These people seriously make me shake my head until I get dizzy.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, JillyO said:

WTF. They have Gil, Lawson (if he's not currently travelling), Trace, Carlin and Josie at home. That's five adults, plus Katie is also old enough to cook. And they make Michaela come to their house to cook?!? I mean, if she just wanted to come to be with her mom after her surgery, that's kind of sweet. But to COOK? These people seriously make me shake my head until I get dizzy.

Yeah they brought this up in their Facebook live video too. 

Like Michael probably thought it would be nice to see her family and help out her mum, but once again they've devalued her to nothing more than a cook. It might be her childhood home but she's still their guest and shouldn't be acting as a slave!

And on top of these adult children you've mentioned, the teenage boys (especially the one that enjoys cooking!) could easily be helping out with some supervision.

My suspicious little mind is thinking that maybe Michael returned to see Dr. Vick.  Last night's episode was filmed months ago, at least based on the eclipse viewing, and Dr. Vick had suggested that she and Brandon try for another few months...

With that many adults and teenagers, there is no excuse for having somebody else come in and cook. Isn't that what fundie SAHD are supposed to do?

Right! 

Carlin and Josie still live at him. Katie lives at home. Erin and Whitney live nearby. Tori lives nearby.  Not to mention the boys could cook! And Gil can't just come home with some picked up chicken? Goes to show they still rely on Michael when it comes down to it.  She's childless so maybe they think her time is less valuable? 

As for the eclipse episode, I was good with them until Carlin started giddily talking about the end of the earth, big grin, like she couldn't wait for rapture.  These people always make me sigh. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived