IGNORED

Bates 22: Courting, Marrying, and Trying to not Look Fundie

Coconut Flan

12 hours ago, JoyfulSel said:

In season one, they had a DiGiornio one too. Gil came in with a bunch of pizzas and then the DiGiornio commercial kept rolling. :my_rolleyes:

In one of the earlier seasons they also had one about Perdue chicken. The girls were making honey mustard chicken, cue the Perdue ad directly after. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HuggleMonster said:

Speculating and probably not in the right spot. 

Is anyone else expecting a baby announcement considering the 'Bates Baby Bonanza' special. 

From Erin and Chad? I'd sooner expect Zach and Whitney, they don't have health/fertility problems, and Kaci is slightly older than Brooklyn.  But oh I hope if anyone is pregnant it's Michael.

Just now, meee said:

From Erin and Chad? I'd sooner expect Zach and Whitney, they don't have health/fertility problems, and Kaci is slightly older than Brooklyn.  But oh I hope if anyone is pregnant it's Michael.

I moved this to a general thread and not a specific one. 

But I wouldn't say Whitney. She doesn't look even slightly pregnant. Erin hasn't posted any body shots since July. 

I hope it would be Michael. Having fertility issues is devastating. 

Not sure since the special has to be at least planned a couple of months ago and by Now we will know or at least suspect...but i could be wrong  

9 hours ago, HuggleMonster said:

Speculating up a storm.... 

Is anyone else expecting a baby announcement considering the 'Bates Baby Bonanza' special. 

Who's pregnant? Erin or Whitney? I don't think its Alyssa and we all just saw Michael talk about the infertility.  I think they'd have made a big public announcement if it were she. 

Too this off of Trace's Instagram.  Do we know who everyone is? 

IMG_3729.PNG

wait, what's this Babies Bonanza episode? I thought the next episode (as they've been advertising it at least...) was going to be the 2-part finale with their vacation, and both Bobby's and Evan's conversations with Gil...

3 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

wait, what's this Babies Bonanza episode? I thought the next episode (as they've been advertising it at least...) was going to be the 2-part finale with their vacation, and both Bobby's and Evan's conversations with Gil...

The Bates Babies Bonanza episode is a special episode airing tonight. All it is is a recap of clips from all of the grandkids' birth episodes in honor of "Labor" Day.

I don't think there's anything to suggest a Bates is announcing a pregnancy, as it's been hinted at here. It literally just looks like a special clip show based on a play of words. I think they may have done episodes like this for Mother's Day, too.

IMG_8461.PNG.bd7b4dfe1485e375432222b0cccac68f.PNG

That's why l said I was speculating :-)

Considering both Brooklyn and Kaci are nearly 1, it's not unreasonable to expect an announcement. 

Theyve done specials before like Mother's Day. However that was when it was around MD. There are currently no babies due, that we know of. So this seems like an odd special to have. 

11 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Too this off of Trace's Instagram.  Do we know who everyone is?

Both of the guys' Instagrams are public.

Austin Warren seems to be a friend of the Bates family, given how many pictures he has with them including at church. He has a sister named Andrea who got married in May to a man named Jacob Layne and a brother who turned 18 in July, plus other siblings judging by the rafting trip photos.

Marcos Thatcher hasn't posted anything with the Bateses from what I see. He just graduated from high school, a real school with the abbreviation NTA (not sure what that is, I couldn't find it) where he went to prom, played soccer, and ran track. He has pictures with his arms around girls and at the beach.

19 hours ago, HuggleMonster said:

That's why l said I was speculating :-)

Considering both Brooklyn and Kaci are nearly 1, it's not unreasonable to expect an announcement. 

Theyve done specials before like Mother's Day. However that was when it was around MD. There are currently no babies due, that we know of. So this seems like an odd special to have. 

Kaci is 14 months and Brooklyn is 13 months tomorrow. We really can't guess based off the gaps between them and their brothers - both couples have two kids at the moment and fertility patterns can change for any number of reasons. 

I think it's a safe bet that someone will have GrandBates number seven sometime next year, but I don't think we can predict who at this point.

There might be a LOT of Grandbates next year; Alyssa and John, Cherin, Zachney, and depending on when Tori and Bobby tie the knot there'll probably be a blessing pretty soon. And hopefully Michael and Brandon will have a little one. I know, it will be another kid born into the cult, but I can't stop feeling really sorry for them.

On tonight's episode, featuring a West Virginia vacay:

-Carlin is irritating, particularly in regards to Evan. Evan has been planning how many children they'll have since he first stalked her on Instagram.

-Bobby surprises Tori by showing up when he said he'd be in Florida. He pretends to work at the check in desk where they're staying. While he and Tori leave no room for the Holy Spirit, some guy who apparently actually DOES work behind the desk films it on his phone.

-Jeb decides he needs to wear his church shoes around the cabin.

-Tori and Bobby practice having eleventy kids by watching all the littles while everyone else goes out to have fun in the ropes course. Hopefully they got them to take a nap and at least got to sneak in a little make out session or something.

-Kelly Jo panics about her choice to do a ropes course. Callie actually got to participate, which she seemed to enjoy. You go, Callie.

-Evan awkwardly pulls Gil and Kelly aside to discuss courtship with him and Carlin. Girl, not wanting to fork over the cash for yet another wedding, is hesitant. Kelly decides they should all discuss what courtship means to each of them. "Dating with a purpose" and purity are, of course, mentioned. Evan admits in a talking head that he wants to ignore Gil. Gil keeps bringing up that Carlin and Evan may end up with other people. Maybe Gil can't deal with all of Evan's pouty selfies either.

I'm not sure what, if anything, else happened, because my DVR cut off. 

Nothing else happened! Also I'm glad Gil and Kelly were like lol nah Carlin you're immature. But I was also kind of surprised that Evan was able to tag along (like I get it he was with family which means all the chaperones). It reminded me when my sister was 21 her ex at the time had a family reunion and wanted her to go (it was just the weekend) and my parents were like absolutely not (which I guess now I can see it cause they didn't meet his parents as of yet.) But I guess maybe it shocked me cause they weren't even courting yet? But I guess that its her boyfriend that it was fine?

I'm sure that Gil will give consent for the courtship at the beginning of Part Two. Boob couldn't say no when Ben brought Jessa into the office to ask her to court. I think Gil will be much the same. 

In the preview for next week, we also have Bobby asking Gil to marry Tori. Bad editing has Gil saying "No," but he could be saying no to anything. Yeah, the edit was that bad. 

I don't think Evan "stalked" Carlin. The Stewarts are IBLP. So the 2 families have known each other for a while.

I wonder if a Bates man is interested in Evan's sister? It could be wishful thinking on Carlin's part.

I think Gil will say yes to Evan and Bobby. That talk with Carlin and Evan was just to drum up suspense.

Stay sassy, Callie. Don't let them squash your fiesty spirit.

I seriously dislike Evan. I find him immature and self-absorbed. That said, I had the tiniest amount of respect after he specifically requested that Carlin and Kelly be included in their "large talk."

While I think UP framed the conversation up to seem as though Gil and Kelly will say no to courting, I suspect that they have a similar warning that it may not lead to marriage for all couples, especially after Zach and Nathan . They seem like (shitty) parents that want their kids to be happy in their relationships. I also suspect that they will reluctantly give permission for them to "make plans" for future courtship. By now, they are likely courting but not yet engaged.

I haven't seen the episode but I did see the recap on Lily/Ellie's blog.  I think both suitors will get a yes to their question.  Tori will be married before the year is out and Carlin is already courting. 

4 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I don't think Evan "stalked" Carlin. The Stewarts are IBLP. So the 2 families have known each other for a while.

I don't think he actually stalked her. It was a joke. Because he's such an Instadouche.

I don't know if this has ever been addressed, but is there a particular reason that John and Alyssa don't have their own thread? I know we don't hear about them much, just wondering.

36 minutes ago, divadivine said:

I'm wondering if Alyssa & John have evacuated due to the impending hurricane? I can't remember exactly where they live in Florida. 

They live in Clermont, near Orlando(?)

7 hours ago, ColeJo said:

I don't know if this has ever been addressed, but is there a particular reason that John and Alyssa don't have their own thread? I know we don't hear about them much, just wondering.

They had one. IIRC it went into a second part but then she made her Instagram account private. With only little snippets on the show we don't much about her day to day life right now.

The said Instagram account is open again but she only posts seldom and is much more active on her second private one.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived