IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 4: Aren't They Married Yet? Yes, they are. Pictures inside.

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, metheglyn said:

They're also just flat out young. Christina's only 38 and Paul's 40. So that doesn't hurt how youthful they look.

Holy crap she is my age and has a daughter getting married.  My daughter is 9 and my son is 12 and I'm one of the younger Moms at school drop off! 

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Maybe she is just a preemie. I'm a preemie who was born in 1998. I wasn't supposed to be able to walk or have a healthy mental capability, yet here I am :) 

I just realized I'm older than Kendra! Oh god, I can't imagine getting married right now... I'm stressing over rushing APO while keeping up with my homework, and she was just stressing over planning her wedding...

That's why I put it in quotations. Because we will probably never know either way. 

1 minute ago, CinnaJen said:

Holy crap she is my age and has a daughter getting married.  My daughter is 9 and my son is 12 and I'm one of the younger Moms at school drop off! 

Heck, I'm an only child and I was *born* when both my parents were 38. I'm in my mid-thirties now and single and childless (and working on a super-worldly PhD). My mother's in her 70s and still not a grandmother. So the idea of becoming a grandmother at younger than 40 is utterly baffling to me, despite the fact that I know that it happens fairly often in some circles.

6 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

So the idea of becoming a grandmother at younger than 40 is utterly baffling to me, despite the fact that I know that it happens fairly often in some circles.

My sister became an  aunt and a grandmother, both for the first time,  in the same week and she was 39.

I've had several people ask me now that Seafilly1 is over 18 when I think I' going to be a grand-mother. I just don't want to be one for the next 10 or 15 years yet. Being 60 sounds like a good age to grandparent.

Thank the Lord Michelle straightened her nest out. Praise be. That is truly the first blessing of Joe and Kendra's union.

Kendra looked lovely - no snark from me. From what I've seen, her dress was very pretty and a nice youthful choice for her (Jessa's dress is my fav, and Kendra's is definitely similar). Like others have noted, Joe seems genuinely besotted with Kendra and by all appearances, these two seem to be a good match. I wish them well. 

Based on the magnolias and 'murica decor in the Seewald picture posted above, I'm genuinely curious to see the rest. (Please be good!)

7 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

A Duggar and Bates family friends who attended the wedding says "there were a few surprises" . 

http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/165158421159/the-girl-who-erin-posted-a-pic-with-posted

I'm sure they were pretty lame surprises. Like one of the brothers put something gross in the getaway car. 

3 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Didn't Michelle wear that same dress for Joy and Jinger's weddings? I do think she looks nice though!

Same necklace as Jill's? I seem to recall her wearing a huge necklace with that monstrosity. 

11 hours ago, nst said:

and I love the 80's  - I only listen to 80's sirus music in the car :D 

60s and sometimes 70s for me!

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm sure they were pretty lame surprises. Like one of the brothers put something gross in the getaway car. 

The biggest and best surprise was surely the "salty snacks".

Were they actual food? Straight up packets of salt? What are these mysterious items? 

Place your bets for the mystery snack pool.

1 minute ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Were they actual food? Straight up packets of salt? What are these mysterious items? 

Pretzels or chips, but not both.

16 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

14 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Pretzels or chips, but not both.

There's a picture of Spurgeon eating potato chips from a cup in the Seewald thread. (I'll look for it if I get a minute.)

ETA-- @Carm_88 posted it here:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170909-190239.thumb.jpg.3890069d4659689619d1b3994f8c69c5.jpg

9 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Josh always made my skin crawl, he was always my least favourite Duggar, and long before the scandals he came across as totally smarmy and phony. Joe doesn't strike me that way at all. Obviously I don't know the guy and he could be a complete asshole, but he doesn't seem like he's trying to play a part or impress anyone. He seems pretty genuine and caring. I'll never forget him choking up in the first season of Counting On when he was interviewed about Josh and saying that what Josh did broke his heart.rget I hope Josh feels sick every day of his life for what he did to his family.

I was beginning to think I imagined him tearing up during that interview. I saw no one mentioning it and thought it did not happen. Josh kinda broke his heart I think so I was not expecting him to include Josh in he and Kendra's celebration. And for that I am glad. Also, I may be premature, has anyone heard where they may be going on a honeymoon. She better get a honeymoon out of this.

They do look happy together and I like that he's looking at her with the dopey adoring eyes in the video. Love what I can see of the dress.

More than any of the Duggar couples I'm curious to see what the JoKen kids end up looking like (and there probably be plenty of kids to see). I think she's gorgeous and will really grow into her looks and his features look kind of awkward on his face.  

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or, "like, they starved us.".  That would be me there.  

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived