IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 4: Aren't They Married Yet? Yes, they are. Pictures inside.

Coconut Flan

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmm i don' t know this weekend there is the double Bontrager wedding plus the day after the other Bontrager wedding i mean is a preatty big thing 3 brothers who married the same weekend. Who could choose to skip that to go to the Duggar wedding? Aren't they invited at the triple wedding? 

6 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Mmm i don' t know this weekend there is the double Bontrager wedding plus the day after the other Bontrager wedding i mean is a preatty big thing 3 brothers who married the same weekend. Who could choose to skip that to go to the Duggar wedding? Aren't they invited at the triple wedding? 

I agree-- The Duggars must be invited, since the Bontragers were shown visiting their house in a 19KAC episode. I assume that at least a JD planeload full of them will attend. Probably not the whole crowd.

I think the JoKen wedding is a week or two after. They wil certainly be hitched by end of September.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I agree-- The Duggars must be invited, since the Bontragers were shown visiting their house in a 19KAC episode. I assume that at least a JD planeload full of them will attend. Probably not the whole crowd.

I think the JoKen wedding is a week or two after. They wil certainly be hitched by end of September.

Didn't we hear October or am I making that up? 

8 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Didn't we hear October or am I making that up? 

I think their registry initially had a September date, and it was then changed to October, but we figured the October date was a fake date (as per Duggar tradition - which I actually understand. I wouldn't give my real wedding date publicly if I were them, either).

I want to say that the original date was September 9th, and I think that's probably the most likely actual date. People have mentioned the Bontrager Triple Threat wedding this coming weekend, and I agree that the Duggars would likely want to avoid that date, as many if not most of their guests would be attending that.

The Duggars and Bontragers have a few common fundie family friends. So it would be bad if Joken made it this weekend. Because even though they are Duggars, I imagine people would feel like they had to go to the triple wedding over a single Duggar wedding. 

29 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I want to say that the original date was September 9th, and I think that's probably the most likely actual date. People have mentioned the Bontrager Triple Threat wedding this coming weekend, and I agree that the Duggars would likely want to avoid that date, as many if not most of their guests would be attending that.

Yeah, this weekend was my guess when they first announced, but there's no way they'd want to deal with the 'competition' for attention. September 9 was the original date on the registry iirc, but they've changed it twice (a November date and now the October date) so I can't remember.

I think that they will get married within the next week, I don't think it will be this weekend. The Duggars are not ones to miss a fundie wedding extravaganza!  

54 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think that they will get married within the next week, I don't think it will be this weekend. The Duggars are not ones to miss a fundie wedding extravaganza!  

Eh, I'm going to have fun with this. Since they were engaged at Joy's wedding, they could get married at one of the wedding this weekend. How epically Duggar!

If I was invited to a wedding thrown by ex-mennonites who feed their guests FULL delicious meals most likely made from scratch and possibly out of their own garden and farm or attend a Duggar wedding with cake and powdered lemonade in a church parking lot, I would choose the Bontragers hands down. 

Not even a competition.

3 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

The Bontragers are getting married on Saturday and Sunday.   That leaves Friday night wide open.

:my_heart:

And Monday, it's a holiday after all. How far apart are the Bontragers & Duggars?

7 minutes ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

And Monday, it's a holiday after all. How far apart are the Bontragers & Duggars?

Joseph and Kendra's location is Rogers, AR on their registry and the Bontrager weddings will take place in Kalona, IA. The entire state of Missouri is in between them, and according to Google maps, the drive is 7 hours and 45 minutes (not including stops, of course). Probably too far.

We drove 16 hours last week (one day), non-stop (other than potty breaks and Old Faithful-gazing). Not a big deal for roadtrippers. :)

Other days:  720 miles, 569 miles, 800 miles, etc. Five days, 3300 miles total. Was a blast. :)

Didn't Joken say that they wanted a Fall wedding? I would guess October but they may think beginning of September is Fall enough.

18 hours ago, Greendoor said:

The Bontragers are getting married on Saturday and Sunday.   That leaves Friday night wide open.

:my_heart:

No, the double wedding is Friday and the single wedding is Saturday

https://www.theknot.com/us/carson-carolina-and-joshua-cassidy-sep-2017

https://registry.theknot.com/bryn-leppert-mitchell-bontrager-september-2017/21142540

This makes me a bit sad as I'm attending a wedding on Friday and won't be able to watch the livestream of the double wedding.

Britain is so tiny compared to the US, an 8 hour drive from London would land me in Scotland or France depending on which way I'm going!! You couldn't really do a road trip solely in Britain. You could across Europe quick before Brexit takes effect

Wonder how a double wedding works logistically...

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

8 hour drive from London would land me in Scotland or France

Unless it involves the M25... lol

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived