IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

Lawson has spent the past few Christmases and or New Year's at the Duggars along with some other Bates siblings.  There's nothing unusual in that.  Personally I just don't see Jana with him.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@justmy2cents Beat me to it! I was literally  about to post the same thing you did verbatim. But yeah to repeat, Lawson along with some of the Bates boys have spent like the past 3 Christmases at the Duggar house. Nothing unusual. Besides, Jana would deserve much better.

19 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Lawson has spent the past few Christmases and or New Year's at the Duggars along with some other Bates siblings.  There's nothing unusual in that.  Personally I just don't see Jana with him.

I don't follow the families that closely, so I wasn't aware of this. That being said, I wouldn't put anything pass these people because they're the worse. And yes, Jana deserves better.

I think they go there b/c the Bates big family holiday is Valentine's Day, and they seem to not really do gifts or a big celebration on Christmas Day, so they don't mind if their kids travel elsewhere.  Whereas the Duggars do a big open house thing on Christmas or around Christmas for all their friends and family.

I don’t really get the Lawson hate. If he wants to be singer, regardless of whether he is actually talented, he should do it. I live in Southern California, you cannot imagine the number of untalented wannabe actors, actresses and musicians I come across. Go to the 3rd Street Promenade and they are out there singing for tips everyday. Some good, some awful. All of them are out there promoting themselves however they can and would kill to get a little extra attention from being on a reality show like Lawson. Hell, a lot of famous entertainers aren’t actually talented but still made the big time.  I don’t get why Lawson should stop trying but everyone else should be out chasing their dream.

Lawson spent years financially supporting his parents and siblings when he should have been able to spend that money on himself. He should be a little selfish now and follow his dreams. Honestly, if he was a Jana Duggar or Jinger Duggar, regardless of whether they were actually talented, everyone would be rooting them on to follow their musical dreams but somehow Lawson should not do so. 

I don't hate Lawson. I think he's kind of obnoxious and I definitely don't like him, but I'd rather him be running around doing photo shoots and trying to be a musician than getting into politics or ministry. He's not someone I would ever be friends with, but at least he has some interests and goals beyond 'convert heathens, get married, have babbies' that he's willing to pursue. And he seems like a pretty hard worker. I don't think he should stop chasing his dream unless he wants to - he has the freedom and resources to do so, so good for him. He's single, he has no wife or children to support. Now is the time for him to try this.

From what we see, Lawson seems to be an ok guy if you compare him to other fundie men. I know people in freejinger think he is self-absorbed but when has he ever said or done anything to confirm this publically besides posing weird in pictures (which says nothing at all imho)?

My username is a joke, but I ultimately don't HATE Lawson beyond knowing we'd never get along because of his political and religious views.

I know I have commented before that he does seem to be a genuinely loving brother and uncle, and he does seem to be a hard worker. I don't think he is quite AS talented as he thinks - decent looking guys who can sing a country music song are a dime a dozen in Nashville - but I think he's a 25 year old guy being a 25 year old guy. And I'd rather him do that than be married with 4 kids already. At least he is having a life before settling down.

4 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

My username is a joke, but I ultimately don't HATE Lawson beyond knowing we'd never get along because of his political and religious views.

I know I have commented before that he does seem to be a genuinely loving brother and uncle, and he does seem to be a hard worker. I don't think he is quite AS talented as he thinks - decent looking guys who can sing a country music song are a dime a dozen in Nashville - but I think he's a 25 year old guy being a 25 year old guy. And I'd rather him do that than be married with 4 kids already. At least he is having a life before settling down.

Plus, you actually see the Bares boys helping out in a crisis with out having a Duggar standard announcement about it.

Having said that, As a singer, Lawson needs some lessons.

1 hour ago, Percy said:

Plus, you actually see the Bares boys helping out in a crisis with out having a Duggar standard announcement about it.

I wish I mentioned that! For all my criticism of these fundies, at least Lawson and Nathan do something more constructive in times of crisis than offering their "thoughts and prayers". 

6 hours ago, Percy said:

I've said it before - so, sorry for the redundancy FJ! - but I've had lessons, and though of course ANY singer can benefit from them . . . at the end of the day, just watching him perform, practice, etc.  I think the real problem for Lawson isn't lack of talent or training (he's actually pretty decent), it's that he is painfully aware of always trying to be "on" for the audience/cameras.  He wants to look presentable, and because his head is too much in it, he never really looses himself in the music.  I mean, some notes, require quite the facial contort :pb_lol:  I really just think he's afraid to "go there", for fear of how the note might come out, or how it looks. 

So just my  opinion, but I think he needs to get out of his head, stop focusing on the audience, and really sing from the heart.  Otherwise it comes across as more. . . well, for a lack of a better word at the moment: shallow. (though I don' necessarily think Lawson IS shallow - he seems to genuinely care about his family.  Though I also think he knows exactly what he's doing with his Instagram lol).

As for Lawson at the Duggar's for Christmas, I saw the photos on Tumblr, and was like, "Better check this out on FJ!!11!!" haha ~ it probably doesn't mean anything, but IF it does, maybe it's not Lawson and Jana - but another Bates, with another Duggar?? 

Spoiler

giphy.gif.3b6078e87e4aba6f779878b3479285fe.gif

Though y'all are right, it probably means nothing!

Lawson is still at the Duggars per his Instagram story.

if it were to happen, how would y’all feel about a Jana - Lawson courtship?

I don’t like it that much but he is better that a lot of fundie guys so I wouldn’t be completely opposed to it

E2121C00-F656-4201-84D0-1B791F0FEC8F.png

Lawson might just consider the Duggars to be his second family. Tori was on her honeymoon, Michael was in Michigan, Alyssa may have been in FL, Zach worked on Christmas according to Whitney's Instagram, some of the older kids went to mama Jane's I think. If the Bates Family is all spread out on Christmas, I can't really blame him for going to the TTH on Xmas since lots of his good friends will be there. 

I can’t even imagine Lawson and Jana together. They seem to have totally different personalities and to be looking for totally different things in a spouse and in life.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I can’t even imagine Lawson and Jana together. They seem to have totally different personalities and to be looking for totally different things in a spouse and in life.

And I thought all this was cleared up earlier this year by Kelly Jo?

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I could see Jana with Nathan before I could see her with Lawson. 

Yeah, I really cannot see Jana and Lawson as a workable match. Lawson and Jinger, yes, that is something I could see happen had she not married but not Jana and Lawson. I think that Jana will marry a man older than herself if she ever marry too. She seems the type to believe that this is the proper thing for some reason. 

That first one looks like some kind of drug ad. "Ask your doctor about Fundrata. Fundrata, the best way to treat your cyclic hemorrhoids. Side effects may include nausea, blurred vision, dry mouth, vanity and acute Trumpitis. Do not take Fundrata if you are or may become a horse."

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

That first one looks like some kind of drug ad. "Ask your doctor about Fundrata. Fundrata, the best way to treat your cyclic hemorrhoids. Side effects may include nausea, blurred vision, dry mouth, vanity and acute Trumpitis. Do not take Fundrata if you are or may become a horse."

Those pictures are the gift that keeps giving. I hope he never stops taking them because I really want these type of photos to always be available for use on his summary in the Bates summary thread. :pb_lol:

On 1/3/2018 at 7:32 AM, elliha said:

Yeah, I really cannot see Jana and Lawson as a workable match. Lawson and Jinger, yes, that is something I could see happen had she not married but not Jana and Lawson. I think that Jana will marry a man older than herself if she ever marry too. She seems the type to believe that this is the proper thing for some reason. 

I don't think Jana could ever come between Lawson and his purty horse

42 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I don't think Jana could ever come between Lawson and his purty horse

Or Lawson and his guitar.

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

Or Lawson and his guitar.

Or Lawson and Lawson.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived