IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently we need Jesus, not stricter gun laws to keep this from continuing to happen.

Kuddos to him for being the only Bates that cared enough to post, ig :my_rolleyes:

ETA: I'm not saying everyone has to post about every bad thing in the world, I just find it strange that most of the Bates can post a million selfies/pictures of their kids and wax poetic about Jesus when it fits them, but are silent when something actually awful happens.

11 hours ago, Calypso said:

Good for them. Lawson may be annoying as hell but I really respect that he and Nathan are doing this

I second that.

Lawson is a preening, pouting, annoying showoff on instagram, but he and Nathan are doing something tangibly meaningful and helpful to people in crisis. I respect that very much. It's so much more than I see a lot of other young fundies doing  *cough* DERICK DILLARD *cough* DUGGAR YOUNG ADULTS* :pb_rollseyes:

I'm a little bit surprise on how Lawson and Trace are acting latly i mean they home to help after the hurricane  (Real help) without give away bibles or phamplet  (or so it seems) and now this! Well done. Especially if we look at what the Duggars have made  in the same time. Hint: nothing

Also to be fair, do we really want Derick Dillard unleashed upon the innocent people of Puerto Rico? Haven’t they been through enough already?

And maybe JD could actually offer real help with his pilot or first responder skills (and as @seraaapointed out, he may be doing so), but are there other Duggars who could do more than just get in the way right now?

(I’m aware I’m likely being unfair to the Duggars, but they do seem to really excel at harassing people and not offering any real assistance.)

I am pleased that both Bates brothers have went to help in both Texas and PR. The more they work with, mix with and talk to others who have differing outlooks and opinions, the better. Lawson does seem like a blow hard, however many guys his age from more mainstream families are often arrogant and egotistical. I am hoping Lawson learns to respect other people while dealing with them. 

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

And maybe JD could actually offer real help with his pilot or first responder skills (and as @seraaapointed out, he may be doing so), but are there other Duggars who could do more than just get in the way right now?

I've been wondering this too.  I think JD (& Josiah if he's qualified) could be super-useful just flying the supplies around and un/loading (though of course that depends on having runways) but I would bet it's better to not go without a specific set of skills.

Of course, as we've all said, what the Duggars could all be really useful at is leveraging their fanbase into donating to relief drives, encouraging people to give blood etc etc - but that's not their way. 

(I am interested in why they have been pushing the anti-abortion stuff, but not talking about the hurricane relief work.  I could see eg JD deciding to do it solo, and actively not wanting publicity, so I'm wondering if it's a personal choice rather than a JB/brand thing.  I really respect them if they are doing actual help and not asking for praise, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was more tracts & preaching, while feeling holy)

I like how serious Nathan looks piloting. Like Lawson is preening and Nathan is really concentrating.  He clearly understands the seriousness of his job. 

Lawson doesn't appear to me to act any differently than any other early 20 something I see promoting themselves on social media on a regular basis. He's clearly not lazy, loves his family and actually gets things done. For that, I can get over his annoying behavior in some areas. 

He'll outgrow it. 

22 hours ago, Mudgie said:

Lawson doesn't appear to me to act any differently than any other early 20 something I see promoting themselves on social media on a regular basis. He's clearly not lazy, loves his family and actually gets things done. For that, I can get over his annoying behavior in some areas. 

He'll outgrow it. 

He's 25 already.  And I noticed that the promos for the new season mention nothing about his music "career"

Lawson is a smug showoff who loves himself, but at least he is a smug showoff who loves himself that gets off his ass and does something meaningful to assist in times of crisis. I'll give him that. 

8 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Lawson added kittens to his Babies & Biceps Instagram pics for ultimate fundie maiden swooning effects.

I really wonder how many fundie maidens already lost pieces of their hearts just by looking at his Instagram posts.

I'm not particularly fond of Lawson, but men with babies always kind of trigger my ovaries. And I like his shirt.

8 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Lawson added kittens to his Babies & Biceps Instagram pics for ultimate fundie maiden swooning effects.

What is wrong with his right hand??

Cute kitten

11 hours ago, Percy said:

Cute kitten

Why, because of the way he is holding her? Wow.

1 hour ago, HurricaneBells said:

Why, because of the way he is holding her? Wow.

No, the way I looked at it I thought he had a partial glove on, now I see it is just the way he is holding her.  Optical illusion.

I should not comment on photos after drinking scotch :my_confused:

On 10/14/2017 at 5:25 AM, Percy said:

Cute kitten

He has longer fingers that the President?? : )

Does he just go around holding children everywhere he goes? It seems he is either travelling to rescue Hurricane victims (nice to see him trying) or holding children. 

Does he just go around holding children everywhere he goes? It seems he is either travelling to rescue Hurricane victims (nice to see him trying) or holding children. 

Perfect next thread title!!!

What the fuck. Whose kitten is this? Please tell me Zach and Whitney didn't just add a kitten to their two toddlers and new puppy. Also, that kitten is waaaay to young to be away from its mother and litter mates. Stop getting pets, assholes!

(Yes, I get that there's a remote chance that the mother and litter mates died, or whatever, but I don't give these people the benefit of the doubt. They're assholes.)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived