IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

On 8/17/2018 at 7:35 AM, formergothardite said:

IBLP had a conference in California recently. I'm actually surprised they are able to gather followers out there. Gil and Kelly are getting ready to head up another Conference, but this one is in Michigan I think. 

There are tons of conservatives and fundies in California. It’s the state that gave us both Nixon and Reagan.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/16/2018 at 8:45 AM, formergothardite said:

At this point would they actually care? They have always had different standards for their sons and have always catered to Lawson's dreams of being in the spotlight. Even pre-reality television they drove Lawson across the country so he could meet with Christian movie directors. Those poor horses were bought so he could use them as props for the pictures he made. A cabin in the woods was built for his pictures and videos. Even when he was a young teen they seemed to have treated him differently and gave him more to fulfill his dreams of being a star.  I think they would freak out at a daughter doing this, but one of their son's, plus the golden son Lawson? I just don't see this as something they care about. 

I think it is less him not giving a fuck and more they don't give a fuck what he does as long as he doesn't cross a certain line. I think that line probably would be adopting more liberal politics and moving away from their evangelical, conservative Christian beliefs.

How in the world does he get away with this kind of stuff when the girls can't leave the house without a chaperone?  I wonder if he has threatened to walk out & write a tell-all book & embarrass them all.  The guys definitely live in a different world than the girls in that house.

1 hour ago, Naughty&nice said:

How in the world does he get away with this kind of stuff when the girls can't leave the house without a chaperone?  I wonder if he has threatened to walk out & write a tell-all book & embarrass them all.  The guys definitely live in a different world than the girls in that house.

I really don't think he even had to threaten anything, they just always have had huge differences in standards when it came to their sons. Back when the girls were wearing frumpy modest swimming suits Kelly was taking and posting pictures of her sons in skin tight wet clothing that left little to the imagination. Sons don't follow the same rules as the daughters. 

Such hypocritical bullshit. I hope it makes a few of the sisters angry.

10 hours ago, Naughty&nice said:

I'm not at all saying that the Bateses don't have different standards for their sons than their daughters (see Trace's recent shirtless-under-a-waterfall-in-Hawaii photoshoot), BUT: I definitely think the (adult) girls are allowed to leave the house alone. Heck, Josie, has a job at a secular salon. I highly doubt she always takes a sibling with her to work.

So, yes, huge double-standard with regard to modesty and all that, but I also think the Bates parents have just generally loosened the reigns a lot over the past few years.

I don't think the adult daughters would be allowed to travel and perform like Lawson has. 

13 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I'm not at all saying that the Bateses don't have different standards for their sons than their daughters (see Trace's recent shirtless-under-a-waterfall-in-Hawaii photoshoot), BUT: I definitely think the (adult) girls are allowed to leave the house alone. Heck, Josie, has a job at a secular salon. I highly doubt she always takes a sibling with her to work.

So, yes, huge double-standard with regard to modesty and all that, but I also think the Bates parents have just generally loosened the reigns a lot over the past few years.

I agree but find this particularly ridiculous. Carlin can’t actively be engaged or show public affection but Lawson can model in a faux wedding shoot and get all handsy with a random female. Wtf? I’d be pissed. I have increasing empathy for Carlin as time goes on. And for Katie. She needs an exit strategy.

With the disclaimer - yeah yeah we obviously know only what see.

Was just coming here to see if this photoshoot was discussed. Not the first time he's done something like this, didn't he have a music video where he pretends to be in love?

How is this not giving away pieces of your heart?

Screenshot_20180821-203241.png

On 8/23/2018 at 4:44 PM, Iamtheway said:

The boy does look good though. Shame about the inside. 

It annoys me endlessly how attractive I find him ?‍♀️

This whole thing keeps pissing me off. They make such a goddamn deal out of marriage. What the hell is going on here? Stay the fuck on brand or explain yourselves. Even if the explanation is lame.

I suppose the explanation is that adult Bates children, when married, or MALE, can do whatever they want and Gil and Kelly just don’t care as long as they don’t speak against the cult. One would think though, that this still pushes some limit of acceptability.

I think they probably have absolutely no issue justifying it just like like Kelly justified posting pictures of her sons in dripping wet, skin tight cloth. In that situation it was boys will be boys and modesty is for girls. In this one, it is probably that this is something he needs to do for his career and while it would be a no-no for a daughter, well Lawson is a son. Lawson has always wanted to be in movies, which they supported, so they probably see it no different than if he acted in a movie and there was a wedding. 

I see that. I jusr find it weak. This one thing is so so so important to them. I’d think they would stop him. The bright side is that maybe it makes the girls angrier. Same thing with the Duggars. If JD and Abbie are cavorting about on ATVs and having fun maybe it bodes well for youngers - especially since it’s all the boys. Then we get the littles and they’ll get to be positively heathen.

Lawson is no Kirk Cameron.

36 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

This one thing is so so so important to them.

I really don't think that they see this as doing anything to downplay the sanctity of marriage. I doubt it entered their mind to stop him. I think this is like their Room to Racism, they would probably be puzzled if people questioned them about it. There is no hypocrisy for them when it comes to their son doing a wedding shoot because this is a way for him to advance his career. 

Is it hypocritical? Yes. But being hypocrites is a Bates thing. They are probably dying for Lawson to be the next Kirk Cameron. 

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I really don't think that they see this as doing anything to downplay the sanctity of marriage. I doubt it entered their mind to stop him. I think this is like their Room to Racism, they would probably be puzzled if people questioned them about it. There is no hypocrisy for them when it comes to their son doing a wedding shoot because this is a way for him to advance his career. 

Is it hypocritical? Yes. But being hypocrites is a Bates thing. They are probably dying for Lawson to be the next Kirk Cameron. 

Hypocritical morons. If the boys can do whatever they want to pursue a career, then if Warden wants to be a chef, I hope he is also encouraged. 

....I’m not really arguing here. I just think it reflects badly.

Did anyone look at the comments where it was posted? Was there negative feedback?

6 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I just think it reflects badly.

It does. I think this might be one of those times when Gil and Kelly let their perfect image slip. 

I am absolutley feeling the rage here. Lawson just gives a very carefree vibe that I don't see any of his sister's having. I think no way would a single sister be allowed to jaunt about pursuing her hobbies like Lawson does. She would be needs at home for child care. It also might be justified as to dangerous for a young woman. It really reminds me of the differences between JD and Jana Duggar. Lawson probably has his sister's doing his laundry, too. 

23 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Remind me, didn't Mr. Bridget Boyer once give us a lecture about how boys become men at 20 and don't have to be accountable to their fathers after that. Unlike girls.  He swore it was Biblical but I could never find that particular verse in the Bible. ;) 

I expect that, if challenged, Gil and Kelly would splutter something like that  and also say that their adult sons still travel with accountability partners - friends if not their siblings.

But, yes, the Bateses are really good at hypocrisy.  And Lawson still gives me the impression of being an insufferable conceited oaf.  He's quite pretty though.

And don’t they justify Trace dancing when performing? An unmarried daughter wouldn’t get away with Dancing in public. 

Lawson just posted a short clip of him wake boarding. He’s wearing a life jacket with no shirt underneath. I guess shirts aren’t required for the adult boys anymore.

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And don’t they justify Trace dancing when performing? An unmarried daughter wouldn’t get away with Dancing in public. 

Lawson just posted a short clip of him wake boarding. He’s wearing a life jacket with no shirt underneath. I guess shirts aren’t required for the adult boys anymore.

"No Shirts required" could be the next thread title

On 8/17/2018 at 6:14 PM, BeccaGrim said:

My god. He's touching her. Nike. Nike. I'm defrauded.  How did he make it through the experience? And yes I keep thinking of Joe and Kendra and how Kendra asked her parents' permission to grab Joe if she fell rollerblading and they wouldn't touch each other at all during the photo shoot.  Lawson won't be marrying a Duggar. 

Nope his maidenhood has been questioned just too many times.? 

Sadie Robertson broke with her Disney boyfriend of four months. If Lawson could pull it off,  I think her and Lawson need to be together.

10 hours ago, freethekahlo said:

Sadie Robertson broke with her Disney boyfriend of four months. If Lawson could pull it off,  I think her and Lawson need to be together.

It’s a match made in fundie fame whore heaven, but Sadie can do a lot better. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived