IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

Without the Dixie Chicks W criticism, there doesn't seem to a reasonable explanation for Lawson to tweet that instead of sending a DM or something less dramatic.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/31/2018 at 7:17 PM, MsSaylor said:

Arent the Dicie chicks really liberal? I remember a lot of stuff with them criticizing George W. They are outspoken and gave different opinions than most country music stars/fans so they get a lot of hate 

They are! Like them, Eric Church recently gave an interview which might have put some people's noses out of joint. I think his comments, tbh, were reasonable and I imagine most people would agree with them? 

“There are some things we can’t stop,” he adds. “Like the disgruntled kid who takes his dad’s shotgun and walks into a high school. But we could have stopped the guy in Vegas.” As for why nothing’s been done? “I blame the lobbyists. And the biggest in the gun world is the NRA.”

"Church says he’s not a member of the NRA and never has been. “I’m a Second Amendment guy,” he emphasizes again, “but I feel like they’ve been a bit of a roadblock. I don’t care who you are – you shouldn’t have that kind of power over elected officials. To me it’s cut-and-dried: The gun-show [loophole] would not exist if it weren’t for the NRA, so at this point in time, if I was an NRA member, I would think I had more of a problem than the solution. I would question myself real hard about what I wanted to be in the next three, four, five years.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/eric-church-desperate-man-nashville-country-700750/

ETA: he was also somewhat critical of the President

34 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Without the Dixie Chicks W criticism, there doesn't seem to a reasonable explanation for Lawson to tweet that instead of sending a DM or something less dramatic.

I think Eric Church was the trigger for this particular tweet, and that he's casting him off as people did to the Dixie Chicks

Thank you @seraaa! He wasnt speaking literally. Nooowww it all makes sense.

Wow these people can't hide their politics no matter how hard they try. Lawson must have been pissed to tweet that out.

Btw, I am proud of Church for being brave (isolation a part of his fan base) and sending a profound message, even I am sitting here thinking about it. This country (U.S.) will boil over before people give up their guns. It ain't happening. 

But maybe if we can decentralize the effort to own guns without stronger accountability, we will have better results. Otherwise it is a lost cause. I can see drugs leaving the country before guns are outlawed or significantly reduced. The right to bear arms is apart of American Identity; born out of fear and trauma of past events.  Who would we be without that right? <rhetorical  ?> Deep.

What is with Trace and his stupid hand signs??

2 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Well, the President does keep telling us that MS-13 is everywhere! : )

17 hours ago, theotherelise said:

The Dixie Chicks thing happened over 15 years ago and there is no way Lawson was aware of it in his little bubble.

He probably didn't hear about it at the time but I know some conservatives still harp on it like it just happened and the Dixie Chicks committed treason. 

So Lawson meant he didn't like the Dixie Chicks or Eric Church? 

On 8/1/2018 at 1:10 AM, Exjw2015deed said:

I posted about this photo in the other thread. imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7

13237255-0C42-4F83-A12F-2DBF999CD566.png

B9D8F4E6-F0F6-4E8E-BA65-5FC99AD3B7E7.png

I feel defrauded, very....modest of you Trace 

I'd very much like to add the pictures on instagram where Lawson is doing sexy poses with corn but cannot seem to figure out how. I even visited SOTDRT and did not successfully learn how. How does one embed IG posts, please?

9 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

It is the Hawaiian Shaka sign. It means hang loose.

2 hours ago, lizzybee said:

I'd very much like to add the pictures on instagram where Lawson is doing sexy poses with corn but cannot seem to figure out how. I even visited SOTDRT and did not successfully learn how. How does one embed IG posts, please?

If you're on mobile, just copy and paste the link and it should embed automatically. No clue how it works on desktop/laptop though!

On 8/1/2018 at 6:37 PM, TatiFish9 said:

Btw, I am proud of Church for being brave (isolation a part of his fan base) and sending a profound message, even I am sitting here thinking about it. This country (U.S.) will boil over before people give up their guns. It ain't happening. 

Eric Church and I are from the same county. Nothing but guns and republicans there. So it really is a huge message. People there  (I moved to another town, a very liberal enclave in this sea of red, about 8 years ago) are all upset. Just last year they were so proud to be the "Home of Eric Church and Madison Bumgarner".  Now they're pissed. 

Oh how the tides turn. 

Lawson needs to stop trying so hard to be relevant. 

I think I might have to avoid this thread for a little while because I honestly actually get annoyed when I see these pictures of these boys trying to be sexy & provocative. I was raised in the same cult as these people (and the Duggars) and they always stressed MODESTY & HUMBLENESS. (although I do agree those were more for us girls.....double standard of course) but how the hell are these pictures that these boys pose for in any way modest, humble or Christ-like (which is what they SAY they believe it?!) Honestly, I know I'm the one being shallow now but it really really irks me & annoys the fuck out of me when I see these pictures. It makes these kids so unlikeable in my opinion. So yeah, it's probably healthy for me if I stay away from Lawsons thread for awhile! :5624797b0697e_headbash:

***Edited to add....I know that for the most part everyone puts those annoying pictures under spoilers....which I truly appreciate.....but I clearly have no self control because I click on the spoiler and look haha! So I only have myself to blame....but I'm still annoyed by these guys!!

I just feel like we've reached another level with the corn. How did we get here, Lawson? What are you doing?

Is he trolling? Nah, he's not trolling. He's perfectly serious about posing in a corn field with cob in hand. 

15 hours ago, Calypso said:

The pictures mentioned above. Damn that boy is full of himself

Did he eat it in FIVE bites?!*

*See Maxhell thread.

Does anyone know who the family are that Trace is with? There’s also this photo with a girl in *shock horror* SHORTS :giggle:

5412B063-D552-4B76-B631-743F51B96741.png

11 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Does anyone know who the family are that Trace is with? There’s also this photo with a girl in *shock horror* SHORTS :giggle:

5412B063-D552-4B76-B631-743F51B96741.png

They are Trace friends family. We were just discussing them in the bates general topic.

I posted this on the BuB subreddit a few weeks ago, and I still stand by it:

“Any time anybody in the family is going to do something really cool, Lawson’s young, single, and available and he is going with you.” This rodeo was for Trace to show off his trick riding and for Lawson to sing one of his crappy songs, but no, Lawson knows “a few tricks,” too, and now will also be riding, it seems. That self-obsessed primadonna simply can’t allow anyone else to shine, even if it’s a sibling whose life’s dream is to just be a part of a small-time tourist trap. Let him have that, Lawson; there are a great many things that are not improved by your presence despite what you think, chief among which is the music industry. 

I’m just getting so fed up with his glory whoring.

Edit: Even if he doesn’t ride in the show, he’s still super annoying as the expert on everything ever who knows it all; he’s so worldly, sophisticated, experienced, and successful that you should probably just listen to him and try your hardest to be like him. 

I can only hope that one day someone will love me as much as Lawson Bates loves himself. The worst part is that he’s not being malicious or anything, he simply can’t help inserting himself into the centre of everything imaginable to increase his screen time in an effort to market himself. If it’s ever crossed his mind that he’s undermining a sibling’s own unique skills or talents by tagging along with anything even remotely interesting, I’d be shocked.

16 hours ago, Azryhael said:

I posted this on the BuB subreddit a few weeks ago and I still stand by it:

Lawson is the JRod of the Bates family

So according to the last live Trace may be thinking of becoming an actual police officer like Zach. I guess he finally realized that the trick riding wasnt going to happen for him.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:43 AM, HereticHick said:

Lawson is the JRod of the Bates family

Famewhore-wise, yes. Grifter-wise, that’s all Gil.

Also, Lawson modeled for a wedding shoot. Totally threw my morning off. 315D236B-B826-4528-B70E-8EA50E78B048.jpeg.d079de9f8e766ef1fff95a8d2a3825d9.jpeg

2 hours ago, JoylessAnna said:

Also, Lawson modeled for a wedding shoot. Totally threw my morning off

What is that from?

2 hours ago, JoylessAnna said:

Famewhore-wise, yes. Grifter-wise, that’s all Gil.

Also, Lawson modeled for a wedding shoot. Totally threw my morning off. 315D236B-B826-4528-B70E-8EA50E78B048.jpeg.d079de9f8e766ef1fff95a8d2a3825d9.jpeg

well I'm thrown. is he making another music video? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived