IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

Trace's picture just reminds me again about how idea of  modesty differs from that of the Bates' -- they only care about covering up female flesh.  I hew more to the actual dictionary definitions:  

"having or showing a moderate or humble estimate of one's merits, importance, etc.; free from vanity, egotism, boastfulness, or great pretensions. free from ostentation or showy extravagance:"

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/5/2018 at 7:32 AM, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I vaguely remember talk (somewhere) that Jason had bought his first property about 6 months ago.  He seems so young!  But I bet that's what they're working on.

Jason and Jim Bob bought a house together in December 2016. I suspect Jim Bob was involved because of Jason's age. 

On 4/10/2018 at 10:38 PM, Dominionatrix said:

Yeah, that's the thing about Lawson; he's basically Benjamin Buttoning. He had massive responsibility at a young age, and now that money is no longer tight he's having the youth he never had. As obnoxious as he is, I can't help but feel he's earned this time. 

I agree. It's hard to watch someone in their mid-late 20s act like this but it's easy to see why. I spent my teen years sister-mom-ing my little brother, studying, and doing a pre-approved list of extra curricular activities. When I went off to college, my parents and I fully expected me to be a doctor, engineer, or lawyer (if I screwed everything up.) About two weeks into my freshmen year, I dropped organic chemistry and double majored in Theatre and English Lit. I went through my "adolescence" in college. Now, I'm a screenwriter in Hollywood which is the last thing I thought I'd do when I was 16/17. My therapist has told me that I didn't go through teen years the same as most people so there were still residuals of adolescence when I was in my mid-20s. When I see Lawson, I see what I would have been without therapy and secular touchstones.  

On 6/3/2018 at 8:14 AM, QuiverDance said:

We call that a “Hush, Baby” in my circle. For when you put your finger on his lips and say, “Shhhhhhhhhh. hush, Baby.”’  You know... because you want to bone him but hate it when he talks. 

Or this moment from "The Mindy Project."

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 2.46.21 PM.png

We don't have a separate thread for Trace yet, but since he's rapidly becoming Lawson 2.0 with the vanity shoots and all, I figured this is the perfect place to post this:

:pb_rollseyes:

At least he gives credit to the photographer haha And about Lawson has anyone seen his live in facebook? maybe he was just giving an example of what he meant but he said "scared that the new girl will break your heart like the last one" hmmm i thought courting didnt broke your heart Lawson.

Did anyone else see Lawson’s story where he had “someone” ask if he was single and then didn’t answer? He sure loves attention lol

On 7/16/2018 at 1:14 PM, PurpleCats said:

Did anyone else see Lawson’s story where he had “someone” ask if he was single and then didn’t answer? He sure loves attention lol

yes and he also went on in another question about heart break and such making out like he had, his heart broken by someone. he always likes to keep people guessing. 

If he really did have his heart broken, then I do feel sorry for him.  No matter your (parents beliefs you parrot) beliefs, heartbreak is always hard.

maybe his record label wanted him to have heartbreak to write aboht

Lawson and Nathan pretending that they are at a photo shoot again. :pb_rollseyes:

I really do want to eat some of Erin's

Spoiler

I  really do want to try some of Erin's cinnamon rolls though yum. 

Idle speculation alert. Let's see:

• Post picture of Jana then immediately delete it. *check*
  • Post picture of yourself working hard with "dirt under your nails". *check*

Does Lawson have a crush on Jana? :my_blush:

Imagine having Lawson as a brother. Dude literally will make a photo shoot out of any moment.

He is posing for insta with cinnamon rolls that somebody else made. This guy.

33 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Did he post a picture of Jana and delete it? 

yes, but it was without any caption and only a few seconds, it seems to me it was an accident since he never post photos without captions, maybe he let a sibling play with the phone and they posted it by accident? i think if he wanted attention he would post a caption and add that photo in a series of other photos of his visit to he duggars.

Lawson and some of the other Bates are in Iowa helping clean up after a Tornado not sure which ones he mentioned Nate and Jackson. I know Trace is in Hawaii with a friend. 

As obnoxious as the constant pics are, Lawson does seem to genuinely enjoy helping other people.  I think it’s sweet and admirable that he steps up to clean up after stuff like this.

How did they get there so fast? 

I agree with @PurpleCats at least they go out and help in clean up efforts after natural disasters. (Looking at a certain grifter in another thread-oh wait there's lots of grifters to give side eye to...).

3 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

How did they get there so fast? 

I agree with @PurpleCats at least they go out and help in clean up efforts after natural disasters. (Looking at a certain grifter in another thread-oh wait there's lots of grifters to give side eye to...).

well Nathan does have his pilot   licence so it wouldn't surprise me if they found a plane to borrow  or if hell the Bates followed the Duggar thought and bought a plane. 

Lawson posted more about Iowa

On 7/21/2018 at 12:54 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

Lawson and some of the other Bates are in Iowa helping clean up after a Tornado not sure which ones he mentioned Nate and Jackson. I know Trace is in Hawaii with a friend. 

and I have no clue why this post keeps messing up 

I dunno. There's something to be said for helping out without posting pics yourself on social media, looking for kudos and accolades. Humble is not a word to describe some of these guys and their model poses, imo. 

Ugggh! I deeply hate to admit this but that pic of him with the chainsaw has me THIRSTY! Normally the "boy" does nothing for me, especially when his mouth is flappin, but HOT DAMN with the chainsaw. 

12 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I dunno. There's something to be said for helping out without posting pics yourself on social media, looking for kudos and accolades. Humble is not a word to describe some of these guys and their model poses, imo. 

The fact that he never helps people without bragging about it on FB makes me wonder how helpful he would be if he was not allowed to tell anyone so he could get heaps of praise*. He did help his family buy food as a teen, but that was the work hard version of Lawson. We now have the Raquel version of Lawson who preens about on FB for attention. 

*and of course Instagram pics of him with needy child/devastated area. 

Perhaps just me and BEC ... but you travel to a devastated area to help, making sure to pack your matching shirts and  while working, stop to think, YES, this is a perfect place to strike a pose and post / humble-brag how wonderful you are in assisting those in a crisis ... ummm, okay!

I appreciate the charitable impulse, and I also appreciate that they are doing something that they are good at where it is urgently needed. However, the self-congratulatory Instagram pictures are almost... anti-Biblical?

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. (Matthew 6:1-2)

I agree with a lot of the sentiments expressed above. He could snap a picture of the devastated area with a caption about the work he is doing without inserting himself into said picture. His poses tend to come as "wannabe, rugged, preening, douchebro." Its distracts from whatever good work he is doing.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived