IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

@VelociRapture I agree it’s hard to know what to say. I always have a hard time, it’s just the fact that I’m sensitive to the word “blessing” anyway after it’s been used sooo frequently.  

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“May his/her memory be a blessing” is actually a very common message in Judaism. It’s recited weekly at Shabbat in memory of those who are no longer with us (whether recent or an anniversary). It’s something I’ve heard my whole life, without giving much thought to it. Interesting that it stood out to you!

I really hope Erin asked Joy if she could share her address online like that. I would NOT be happy if someone did that to me (on top of everything else this woman is going through). Of course, it's absolutely possible that Joy is fine with it. I hope that's the case.

44 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I really hope Erin asked Joy if she could share her address online like that. I would NOT be happy if someone did that to me (on top of everything else this woman is going through). Of course, it's absolutely possible that Joy is fine with it. I hope that's the case.

The address is for Halls Baptist Church, which I'm assuming is the couple's church of choice.

http://www.hallsbaptistchurch.com/

Oh how horrible to lose ones husband like that and that young age. The picture with this beautiful woman and children is really heartbreaking. Giving birth the day after was probably hard but could be a something that in the future does feel meaningful, that in all that pain have a new life to focus on. Easy, certainly not but I do see how that could be something she can make into something positive. I also hope she gets plenty of support as I guess it is likely she was a SAHM

That’s truly heartbreaking but I wonder if it makes any of the girls think about how they would manage in the same situation. They are uneducated for the most part and taught to rely solely on their husbands. If the worst was to happen, would they be able to provide (financially) for eleventy kids, whilst also homeschooling and keeping on top of housework and day to day chores? I doubt it.   

I'm guessing, in their way of thinking, they would be encouraged to marry as quickly as possible to a widower or older man. 

10 hours ago, Alysabeth said:

That’s truly heartbreaking but I wonder if it makes any of the girls think about how they would manage in the same situation. They are uneducated for the most part and taught to rely solely on their husbands. If the worst was to happen, would they be able to provide (financially) for eleventy kids, whilst also homeschooling and keeping on top of housework and day to day chores? I doubt it.   

I remember in an old episode of 19KaC,  Smuggar's doctor was talking about his risk of heart disease or similar in the next decade, and Anna Duggar had this look of horrified realization dawn on her face and said something like "We could have eight kids by then! You CAN'T get sick." It honestly seemed like it was the first time it had occurred to her how vulnerable she was as a SAHM with small kids, and she was clearly terrified. 

13 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

I remember in an old episode of 19KaC,  Smuggar's doctor was talking about his risk of heart disease or similar in the next decade, and Anna Duggar had this look of horrified realization dawn on her face and said something like "We could have eight kids by then! You CAN'T get sick." It honestly seemed like it was the first time it had occurred to her how vulnerable she was as a SAHM with small kids, and she was clearly terrified. 

I remember this too.  Too bad she wasnt terrified enough to help herself to a better situation :/

• 2 weeks later...

Lawson being Lawson. I don’t actually get how his caption matches the photos at all but I guess it gave him an excuse to post two photos of himself? Also an ex? What ex? 

*Sorry, idk how to link IG posts*

Spoiler

393A7F21-AA44-4B2E-84ED-D735C53D6E9B.thumb.jpeg.6f166e89d9f58d7ac2b4a1b87871d053.jpeg32064FD8-E42D-49F3-8A56-DE04CCFF7EF0.thumb.jpeg.589cb9a5984df94641c86ba2df23a60a.jpeg

10 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

@Seculardaisy it's been noted on the fundie snark tumblrs that Sadie Robertson has a man now 

Hmmm.

And what does the poor snake have to do with this?

And what is the area code behind him--779? Is that Illinois?

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

@Seculardaisy it's been noted on the fundie snark tumblrs that Sadie Robertson has a man now 

I still don’t buy that they dated. They have such different brands, despite both being a-hole conservatives.

Sadie liked the post though. 

Lawson is that guy on Tinder where you have a long internal debate before you swipe left, because your heart tells you "you could just convince him that not speaking at all turns you on" and your brain tells you "look at your life, look at your choices". 

19 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Sadie already had a man when they first met. It was another man. So unless she cheated on her previous boyfriend with Lawson i dont think they ever had a thing. That would be a funny scandal though.

I saw on reddit he unfollowed that Emily Ann girl he used to play music with. I wonder if he tried to court her too and she didn't bite?

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I saw on reddit he unfollowed that Emily Ann girl he used to play music with. I wonder if he tried to court her too and she didn't bite?

Emily Ann has been dating a guy since 2015 at least.

26 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I know it’s not true because she also had a boyfriend. But I just love the absurd idea of Lawson the proud conservative values virgin, would be behind these scandals.

I guess that kind of stuff happens all the time though. Real talk, both Emily Ann and Sadie are way too out of Lawson’s league. 

On another note, it’s so brutal when Lawson sings duets with Emily Ann because she is ten million times the vocalist that he is. 

Looks like it's time to bring back the conspiracy theory that Lawson and Jinger had a courtship that imploded when Jeremy entered the picture!!

To me Lawson seems to be one of those guys who thinks all women will fall in love with them and is then offended when it is revealed the women had no interest in him at all. He reminds me of Raquel who has spent years thinking every guy who talks to her wants to marry her and is all shocked when it comes out they weren't that into her. 

On 6/2/2018 at 2:55 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Lawson is that guy on Tinder where you have a long internal debate before you swipe left, because your heart tells you "you could just convince him that not speaking at all turns you on" and your brain tells you "look at your life, look at your choices". 

We call that a “Hush, Baby” in my circle. For when you put your finger on his lips and say, “Shhhhhhhhhh. hush, Baby.”’  You know... because you want to bone him but hate it when he talks. 

15 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

We call that a “Hush, Baby” in my circle. For when you put your finger on his lips and say, “Shhhhhhhhhh. hush, Baby.”’  You know... because you want to bone him but hate it when he talks. 

My friend calls them Duct Tape Boys. Cute, but you want to duct tape his mouth shut. 

On 6/2/2018 at 3:18 PM, Seculardaisy said:

On another note, it’s so brutal when Lawson sings duets with Emily Ann because she is ten million times the vocalist that he is. 

I always felt like it was an odd/terrible career choice for her to associate with Lawson. He can’t sing and comes with tons of baggage. Doesn’t she have a PR person?!

I cannot listen to Emily Ann Roberts because the frequency of her voice makes me nauseous.  I don't think she would have a PR person because she is not really that famous. The Voice hasn't made the winners and the like "household names" like American Idol did in the past. She has been "in the spotlight" for almost 3 years and she has not released an album yet. I'll give her some credit for having a booking agent and management company, which is way more professional. She probably didn't have these things when she sang with Lawson.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived