IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

On 3/17/2018 at 10:02 AM, HereticHick said:

I hope Evan the supermodel also went on this Colorado ski trip boondoggle. I need to see what kind of apres-ski wear the fundy princelings are favoring this season.

"I love places that make us realize just how tiny us are." 

Ugh. 

And who knew that being rich enough to go on ski trips was a humbling experience. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawson at Disney:roll: I have not seen evidence of other siblings at Disney I think Lawson was sent to be Carvan's chaperone. 

image.png.699b3a9b7741730aab655d94ed98ad7b.png

Grifting is timeless, douchery has no age, and pouting pictures on the Internet are forever.

30 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Lawson at Disney:roll: I have not seen evidence of other siblings at Disney I think Lawson was sent to be Carvan's chaperone. 

Manly brooding at Magic Kingdom. Now I've seen it all.

My goodness. He seriously acts 10 years younger than he is. This seems like normal behavior for a 16-year-old trying to impress the hot cheerleaders. But this dude is almost 26. Grow up, Lawson. It's not cute, just pathetic.

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

My goodness. He seriously acts 10 years younger than he is. This seems like normal behavior for a 16-year-old trying to impress the hot cheerleaders. But this dude is almost 26. Grow up, Lawson. It's not cute, just pathetic.

lets face it he is basically a sixteen year old. he finally has freedom from his family and he gets to go on trips and have social media.  When he was actually sixteen he was running his own business and doling out money to his parents to feed his siblings on a daily basis. 

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

lets face it he is basically a sixteen year old. he finally has freedom from his family and he gets to go on trips and have social media.  When he was actually sixteen he was running his own business and doling out money to his parents to feed his siblings on a daily basis. 

Yeah, that's the thing about Lawson; he's basically Benjamin Buttoning. He had massive responsibility at a young age, and now that money is no longer tight he's having the youth he never had. As obnoxious as he is, I can't help but feel he's earned this time. 

I cut him some slack when he first started this behavior because he did spend his teen years working hard, but he is a grown ass adult now and has spent several years acting like a self-absorbed, vain young teenager. He is going to be 30 in four years, time for him to grow up. He is hardly the first fundie who spent his teen years working hard for their family and most of those people didn't then get to spend years flitting about the world having people take pictures of them while they smolder and jump. 

On 4/10/2018 at 2:29 PM, singsingsing said:

Manly brooding at Magic Kingdom. Now I've seen it all.

Such manly brooding has not been seen since Vision Forum went POOF.

Lawson posing again.

Lawson's sibling day message which was nice though you would have thought he could have found an orginal picture not a stock picture from the show. 

Lawson tries too hard. (He looks like a JC Penney catalog model from the 70’s)   I tend to cut the older Bates kids a little more slack because they grew up so sheltered.  They didn’t watch TV or movies, they had no real experience with pop culture or friends outside their time warp and each other. 

5 years ago, or whenever they first started doing TV appearances their world slowly opened up.  3 years ago they got their own show, they now travel, they have money and they are living and walking among the heathens. It has to be kind of a shock or at least kind of weird to have your life change so drastically in your early 20’s.

He is trying to navigate a career in entertainment.  Poof! Lawson is hanging out with pretty fundy celebrities, (the voice contestant and the Duck dynasty girl) He’s probably learning how to behave and pose by watching young singers. (And god forbid Fundy Zoolander) He is still figuring it out, hopefully he will grow up and look back in a few years and be a bit embarrassed.

Or he’s just exactly how he appears to be! I do hope he gets more comfortable in his own skin.

10 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Such manly brooding has not been seen since Vision Forum went POOF.

His brooding game is definitely strong. But can he wide stance like Doug Phillips (is a Tool)? 

DB902675-BBEE-4E6D-ABFA-16CC7E3B1589.jpeg.f9c42ea218bb7d5bc6f551d58bc91ba8.jpeg

That's the real question. :pb_lol: 

If VF was still around you know Lawson would be going on the manly romps to brood and pose. 

9 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Or he’s just exactly how he appears to be! I do hope he gets more comfortable in his own skin.

I'm  leaning towards this just being him. Does no one remember the photoshoots he used to do? Posing in ways that he thinks makes him look awesome but really makes him look ridiculous is what Lawson has always done. Those poor horses were bought just so Lawson could use them as props for his pictures and vidoes. It isn't like this is a new thing that happened since he got reality TV fame, he has always behaved this way. In the past, though, he didn't have Instagram and had to work to support his siblings so he had less time to primp and pose. 

Spoiler

acfc12645af00f71705f9bc665a9fbfc--christ

Spoiler

Lawson a deep thinker? You can tell the conversation was edited and put together by how much the biscuits were chopped. At one point they are all in a fine powder and then a second later they are in chunks. That was a very planned scene so Lawson could talk about his concerts. 

Was that biscuits or conbread Lawson was chopping up?  Most Southerners make their dressing out of cornbread.  They also add celery, onion, chicken or turkey stock, eggs, sage and maybe some shredded chicken from making the stock.  We always crumbled the cornbread up by hand.  When we were growing up, it was the kids' job to crumble up the stale cornbread.  Eventually we took over most of the process.  I am getting hungry just typing this!

does anyone know how far the bates ranch is from the main house? I ask this because Lawson uploaded a story and they are headed to the ranch well trace and the the grands. (Brooklyn, Carson, Bradley and Kaci) are in the back of the pickup with the saddles. 

Lawson only follows 50 or so people on Instagram and one of them is this:

52BF84E4-9F6B-45A0-B223-44FBFD69F09F.thumb.jpeg.26675b226509b59a301d94a229c86c38.jpeg:2wankers:

What are the odds he also secretly runs it? 

On 4/2/2018 at 11:46 PM, Audrey2 said:

As obnoxious as Lawson is (and, trust me- I find him 90's boy band obnoxious), he really does seem to love small children (almost as much as he loves himself!).

“She say, "Do you love me?" I tell her, "Only partly" 
I only love myself and babies, I'm sorry”

12 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Lawson only follows 50 or so people on Instagram and one of them is this:

52BF84E4-9F6B-45A0-B223-44FBFD69F09F.thumb.jpeg.26675b226509b59a301d94a229c86c38.jpeg:2wankers:

What are the odds he also secretly runs it? 

“She say, "Do you love me?" I tell her, "Only partly" 
I only love myself and babies, I'm sorry”

omg OF COURSE he has a fan page, and follows said fan page!!! :2wankers::pb_rollseyes:

He follows a page that praises him. :laughing-jumpingpurple: The Bates really did churn out some superficial twits, didn't they? 

On 4/16/2018 at 1:31 PM, PennySycamore said:

Was that biscuits or conbread Lawson was chopping up?  Most Southerners make their dressing out of cornbread.  They also add celery, onion, chicken or turkey stock, eggs, sage and maybe some shredded chicken from making the stock.  We always crumbled the cornbread up by hand.  When we were growing up, it was the kids' job to crumble up the stale cornbread.  Eventually we took over most of the process.  I am getting hungry just typing this!

Southerner here. I use what you've mentioned above (and a bunch of seasonings/onions/celery) along with biscuits too, so biscuits and cornbread. Definitely add chicken, dressing can 100% be its own meal. I like to cook the breads a few days before and let them get stale for the dressing. I usually don't fool with making biscuits properly though, I'll just make a "hoe cake" - a whole cake of biscuit dough cooked in a cake pan. Personally, I just crumble everything with my hands too. 

Lawson did a live where he went through a pond on his horse. i was kind of hoping he would drop his fun. he didn't but that would have been hilarious. 

Typical Lawson: A nice tribute post to his mom, with Lawson centered in the middle of the shot and his mom off to the side cut off. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived