IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't this preening douche "release" a new single 3 weeks ago? Why isn't he out performing it?

57 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Didn't this preening douche "release" a new single 3 weeks ago? Why isn't he out performing it?

Maybe he isn't getting booked.  His whole speech about 'getting on radio.' Perhaps he won't do the church halls now.  And we know he wouldn't miss the Medical Mission and all the chances to pose with Carlin. 

6 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Lawson and Nathan are in Texas apparently helping with rescue missions, they posted an IG movie in front of a boat.

Even if they're showboating, at least they're trying to help. The Duggars have like 10 boys all at the age where they can help and they don't. At least the ones from age 15 to 22 can do something. 

Not going to lie, I was impressed to see him down there. I hope the jeebus and his ego take a big backseat and he helps get some serious work done.

Yes. He and Nathan are getting on a boat to go help me. I was impressed too. The Cajun Navy is doing what they can. We are helping as much as we can in Austin to send to Houston.  (And the coast.) This is a disaster of epic proportions. It was nice to see Nathan and Lawson doing what they say they will do. 

So, what's the feel on the Sadie situation?  I saw an online comment that said she listed Lawson as her boyfriend?  Is this all made up crap to promote that terrible music video?  And who is she?  They called her a reality star but I don't know from what show.  

3 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Even if they're showboating, at least they're trying to help. The Duggars have like 10 boys all at the age where they can help and they don't. At least the ones from age 15 to 22 can do something. 

Oh I entirely agree. Better something than noting and just "sending prayers."

1 hour ago, JMO said:

So, what's the feel on the Sadie situation?  I saw an online comment that said she listed Lawson as her boyfriend?  Is this all made up crap to promote that terrible music video?  And who is she?  They called her a reality star but I don't know from what show.  

I don't think they're dating I haven't seen any evidence to say they are. 

31 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Isn't this situation what that ALERT crap is for? My question is where are the Duggar boys and their skills? Props to Nathan and Lawson going to help. Much respect. 

1 minute ago, Coconutwater said:

Isn't this situation what that ALERT crap is for? My question is where are the Duggar boys and their skills? Props to Nathan and Lawson going to help. Much respect. 

It is! Even Jackson is what 13 now? Any of the boys above James could have gone. There's at least 7 boys in the Duggar family that could easily go and help. A 15 year year old boy helping? It's a lot better than an older guy helping. At that age they have the strength and energy. 

3 hours ago, JMO said:

She's the daughter of one of the Robertson's from Duck Dynasty. Definitely conservative Christian family who goes on missioncations and adopt.. and very publicly made some racists and homophobic comments, but they adopt black babies so all good. :my_rolleyes: not sure they're Evangelical or not. But, Sadie was also on Dancing With the Stars, so they dance for sure. She also dated the senior Texas A & M quarterback when she just barely graduated high school. I'm sure he's a virgin or pure or whatever, but I found the age difference odd and questioned how strict her parents were after that. She had another long term boyfriend before that so she's lost some heart pieces. She skipped college to tour around "preaching," though, so she fits right in. Her brother also got married at 18/19 and he and his wife attend Liberty University (accredited, but cult college) 

I would think she'd be too "mainstream" for the Bates', but I wouldn't be shocked if they dated either. 

I believe in giving credit where credit is due--I am impressed that Lawson and Nathan are doing helping in Port Arthur. Good for them.

[I wonder if they were on the Bontrager weddingpalooza guest list for tomorrow?]

I think the fact that they're helping is a great thing.

I do think that when Lawson is a bit more mature and has had some experience under his belt he'd actually be a great teacher for kids. I could see him successfully being a music teacher and being a semi-professional musician.

1 hour ago, Mudgie said:

I think the fact that they're helping is a great thing.

I do think that when Lawson is a bit more mature and has had some experience under his belt he'd actually be a great teacher for kids. I could see him successfully being a music teacher and being a semi-professional musician.

He would be an excellent teacher

35 minutes ago, seraaa said:

He would be an excellent teacher

He's really good with kids. I can see him being a music teacher in elementary school and kids loving him.

Gotta make sure his face is in there.

But seriously, good for them for actually doing something. Where are all the Duggar guys who did ALERT? I thought this was the whole point of ALERT. 

24 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Gotta make sure his face is in there.

But seriously, good for them for actually doing something. Where are all the Duggar guys who did ALERT? I thought this was the whole point of ALERT. 

Nah didnt you know, the point of ALERT is to show fundie girls how manly and brave you are and that you'll be a good headship.

*Lots of Snark*

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:08 PM, Casserole said:

She's the daughter of one of the Robertson's from Duck Dynasty. Definitely conservative Christian family who goes on missioncations and adopt.. and very publicly made some racists and homophobic comments, but they adopt black babies so all good. :my_rolleyes: not sure they're Evangelical or not. 

She's the daughter of Willie Robertson, the central character on the show (everybody else got captions saying how they were related to Willie), so she was a major character. Note that the racism and homophobia was spewed by her grandfather. The younger family members didn't repudiate him, but have never said anything like that themselves. Publicly, anyway.

18 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

He's really good with kids. I can see him being a music teacher in elementary school and kids loving him.

But is he going to earn a college degree and teaching certification? Hell no

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

But is he going to earn a college degree and teaching certification? Hell no

He should really consider it, though. University of Tennessee at Knoxville's  not even that far from where they live, right?

32 minutes ago, seraaa said:

He should really consider it, though. University of Tennessee at Knoxville's  not even that far from where they live, right?

I think they live in Anderson County, so maybe thirty or forty-five minutes? It's not that far. 

I don't think he'd be able to get into UT, though, with his SOTDRT degree. He'd probably have to start off at Roane State and take a lot of remedial classes before UT would let him enroll. 

My username says what I think of Lawson haha, but I have to give him (and his brother) credit where credit is due for actually getting off his ass and doing something meaningful to help in Texas. 

I've also said before that he is genuinely great with kids and he'd probably make a good father one day (while fundie, I don't see him as the type to dump them completely onto his wife and not be involved with them) and do well in a career working with children. 

So I looked it up for fun, and you can even take Biblical Hebrew as an elective on the UT Music Education course.

http://www.music.utk.edu/ugrad/musiced.php

(And, ok, he might not even want to be a teacher, but it's fun to browse university course catalogues). 

Didn't Erin do a Music Education degree at Crown? Possibly he was offered the chance to go there and didn't want to, for whatever reason. Not every career needs a uni degree etc

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived