IGNORED

Seewalds 25: Jessa is allowing Spurgeon to "jump for joy", er, dance

samurai_sarah

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll know she's pregnant when she starts posting photos of her holding things (pillows/hats/etc) over her belly. She's not one to let photos like this just slip out. 

Re: long hair. 

When mine is that long the only issue it causes is binding up the damn vacuum. 

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I always want to cut at least a foot off Jessa and Jill's hair. :pb_lol: 

Oh, but Jessa's is so lovely. I keep mine shoulder length because it looks best one me, but if I had her hair....

5 hours ago, GnomeCat said:

Yea, I have no clue if she is pregnant based off the way her stomach looks in those pictures. I do notice how flowy her shirt is and is typical of her style to try to hide the first phase of pregnancy with baggier tops.  It seems after she announces and loses the baby weight she is back in tighter tops, but during that preannouncement pregnancy phase her tops are always way baggier and flowy. Fashion is my thing and something I noticed pre-Henry announcement which caused me to speculate to myself. This is purely something I've observed and I don't feel like I'm speculating on her uterus per se, just her top choices. lol (Justification at its best, amirite?)

This would jive with what Jessa has commented about her body image. Wanting to hide an enlarged, but not clearly PG belly does seem like a behavior that would dovetail with what Jessa has mentioned in the past about her body...."scales and mirrors don't lie."

20 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

Oh I always feel bad for the ponies. Going round and round. 

They'll be used to it. Horses are exercised on machines like that, it's good exercise for them, especially ponies which are being ridden a lot. I use a lunge rope on my horse a few times a week so he has a bit of exercise without me on him. He loves it and he actually gets exercise as opposed to walking around a field munching on grass. 

concerning the hair, cause it seems like everyone comments on it. Not everybodys hair is unhealthy when it is long. My hair is longer than Jessas, and all i do is wash and condition, and literally have no spliss, for whatever reason, I don't know. Now, I also do not use a lot of products and avoid blowdrying it, but just because hair is long, it does not have to be damaged. And there are about a hundred ways to keep it out of the way, and if you've always had long hair, you know very well how to work with your hair in a way that it doesn't bother you when you don't want it to bother you.

I am a bit surprised how often she wears it open, seeing as she has two little kids, who surely grab it sometimes, but thats  her problem. As long as it is healthy and so on, why would she cut it? (or why would I? :D)

I agree. I have very long hair. Longer than Jessas and it is curly and I am black which means way more maintenance and my hair is healthy and strong and I love it. I have 2 kids too who are 9 and 6 and even when they were babies it was this long and I never had any issues. Everytime someone talk about wanting to chop off Jessas hair it hits a nerve with me

HAIR.jpg

Holy crap @SuhrEnity! That's your hair? I am in AWE! No wonder you love it, it's absolutely gorgeous.

I really never had any issues with super long hair, either. It was healthy, it looked nice, it wasn't heavy at all. Short hair actually annoyed me a lot more because it was always flying around in my face, it was harder to pull back, and it was so prone to cow licks or weird body waves if I didn't blow dry it, and I am lazy and impatient and totally unskilled in the hair department.

I have to admit, I've always loved having long hair. Every now and then I get sick of it and chop it, but it's always with a mind to growing it out again. I just feel like it's more 'me' for whatever reason. I am definitely aiming to be one of those older ladies whose hair is 'far too long for her age'.

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Holy crap @SuhrEnity! That's your hair? I am in AWE! No wonder you love it, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Awww thank you. I love it too! Other than trimming it I never plan to cut it ever. I'll definitely be that old lady with the too long hair. Longer is definitely easier than shorter. To me at least

I'm one of those older ladies with hair too long for my age (50). Ask me how many shits I give about that... That's right. Zero.

I, too, have cowlicks and random curls and my hair is just "better" longer. I'm so tired of society/the media/fashion houses telling us what we "should" do at a certain age.

@SuhrEnity - your hair is beautiful!

@SuhrEnityI wouldn't cut my hair either if it looked that good.  I'm with you Jessa's hair looks so good as does Joy's and Jill's it is long and thick and not stringy at all.  Leave it be, if you want it that long and it looks that good, Go for it, and call me jealous because once mine gets to the middle of my back it gets nasty and stringy and I have to cut it.

20 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Thank you so much!

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

@SuhrEnityI wouldn't cut my hair either if it looked that good.  I'm with you Jessa's hair looks so good as does Joy's and Jill's it is long and thick and not stringy at all.  Leave it be, if you want it that long and it looks that good, Go for it, and call me jealous because once mine gets to the middle of my back it gets nasty and stringy and I have to cut it.

Sometimes in the summer heat I think OMG I have to cut it and then I throw it in a bun and all is right with the world

1 hour ago, SuhrEnity said:

I agree. I have very long hair. Longer than Jessas and it is curly and I am black which means way more maintenance and my hair is healthy and strong and I love it. 

HAIR.jpg

I'm also black and I have super long hair. I'm incredibly lazy about my hair, but somehow it just keeps growing and growing. If long hair is what you're used to, it's not that much of a hassle. Hair at any length can work. I think we can all agree that no one should ever sport fried crunchy curls, regardless of how long or short one's hair is.

8 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think we can all agree that no one should ever sport fried crunchy curls, regardless of how long or short one's hair is.

I work with a lady who has the crunchiest curls I've ever seen in my life. I always want to give her some shea moisture or carols daughter for her birthday. or just do a drive by hair fix for her at her desk

I've never seen an issue with hair length as long as it's healthy. I love my hair long and I know that I need to lose a good few inches to get it all nice and healthy again, but that's ok. It's up to the person who has the hair and has to care for the hair to determine length. If you aren't washing, conditioning, detangling, dealing with the maintenance etc ; it really shouldn't matter. 

@SuhrEnity Your hair is beautiful. I'm kinda jealous.

I have to ask, was that picture taken in the Caribbean or Costa Rica? That place reminds me of somewhere but I can't put my finger on it. You don't have to answer if that's too personal. I'm just super nosy. 

The only issue I have with the Duggar girls' hair(s) is the fact that Gothard (and daddy) purportedly like long, curly hair. And for many years, all the older girls wore their hair long and curly. Did not one of them want straight or shorter hair???????? Are they clones????  And we all know BG is a perv, so... Just another example of lack of individuality and lack of choice.

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

This would jive with what Jessa has commented about her body image. Wanting to hide an enlarged, but not clearly PG belly does seem like a behavior that would dovetail with what Jessa has mentioned in the past about her body...."scales and mirrors don't lie."

I'll also comment that it could be a loose nursing top, one where you can tuck the baby up under the breathable fabric and still be covered since Henry is still quite wee. Disclaimer: I don't have kids (give me a few months), but sweetly just had someone who is decidedly done come by with some of her maternity/ new mom wear to see if it looks like it'll fit and explain a bit of it. Bummer that we're such different sizes it likely won't work, but so helpful in figuring out what I'll need.

2 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

@SuhrEnity Your hair is beautiful. I'm kinda jealous.

I have to ask, was that picture taken in the Caribbean or Costa Rica? That place reminds me of somewhere but I can't put my finger on it. You don't have to answer if that's too personal. I'm just super nosy. 

Costa Rica! You got it! Not personal at all. And thank you for the compliment :)

2 minutes ago, cascarones said:

I'll also comment that it could be a loose nursing top, one where you can tuck the baby up under the breathable fabric and still be covered since Henry is still quite wee. Disclaimer: I don't have kids (give me a few months), but sweetly just had someone who is decidedly done come by with some of her maternity/ new mom wear to see if it looks like it'll fit and explain a bit of it. Bummer that we're such different sizes it likely won't work, but so helpful in figuring out what I'll need.

True...although beyond the NB period with SES (not a diss to his name,just quicker to type), I do not recall seeing our hearing Jessa reference nursing or wearing the MBF or HH, like we did with Michelle or Jill.  Not sure that I've seen it all with HWS. Conversely, Jill seemed to BF Izzy for a good long time. Living outside the country and more remotely likely played into that decision.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm one of those older ladies with hair too long for my age (50). Ask me how many shits I give about that... That's right. Zero.

I, too, have cowlicks and random curls and my hair is just "better" longer. I'm so tired of society/the media/fashion houses telling us what we "should" do at a certain age.

Getting older has benefits, such as no longer caring to try to fit into what society seems acceptable.  You don't like my hair (length, style, color), you think I'm dressing (too young, not fashionable, too loose, too tight, whatever).  Guess what, I don't care :)

I've learned to do one major haircut a year- in October or November, so it goes up in a good ponytail when the weather gets warm/hot. I tried short hair for one summer, and it was much hotter than a ponytail.

The woman in the picture has beautiful hair! I did a Google Search by Image and found the Instagram that originally posted the picture, She has a lot more #hairgoals pictures lol

@SapphireSlytherin and @EmmieJ, add me to the 40+ women who do their own thing and don't care what others think club. No super short hair for me, and I'll keep my skirts above the knee and shorts mid thigh, thank you very much. My legs don't like to be covered. Jeans make me sad, and I won't wear slacks/dress pants. (I do wear jeans in winter, but also heavily wear skirts and tights.)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived