IGNORED

Seewalds 25: Jessa is allowing Spurgeon to "jump for joy", er, dance

samurai_sarah

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

However, my very favorite statistics are in the Botkin Homeschool Drop Outs film.  

Wow. This video. Just wow. Talk about smug, self-righteous, and delusional. They make Josh look like Mother Theresa.

16 hours ago, WhoompThereItIs said:

I'm nosy. Any details to share?

Had to dig a bit (also, drowned my poor laptop. So PSA for having the personal computer rider on your home/ renters insurance )  I can't remember which thread it was on, but there's quite a bit of difference in what you can see as a member or non member in boxes.

As to the San Antonio tiff? It seems she overheard Jessa's* displeasure that JinJer had separate plans with his friends and was trying to get Jinger to cancel them.

*Her post used "the pretty one", so it could apply to Jana and Laura as well, but from what I've seen on the show it seems more aligned with Jessa's personality and I've no clue what Laura is like.

I believe it was filmed, since she stated she hoped she wouldn't end up in the background as an example of a Charles Barkley San Antonio woman. (If you want a bizarre, but now light hearted feud to snark on, CB vs. SA/women/churros is still getting clap back).

14 hours ago, Feminist_Defrauder91 said:

Probably a little off topic, but I spent a significant part of my summer internship researching talking points that would convince the PA legislature to pass a law mandating mothers' rooms at most workplaces.  And the fact that it could be a storage closet was a talking point (yep, lowest common denominator here).  Yet the bill went nowhere.  Breast/bottle wars aside, why is it controversial to let moms have a place to pump at work that isn't a bathroom?  :confused2:

Does having more women make a significant difference? I'm truly curious, I had used mother's, given the large gender disparity in my field. I'd likely be the only occupant/user of said room, so it would never be a priority to do above what's legally required. Heck, one of my old offices had so few women that by law the bathrooms got messed up. So there would a mens' room right next to a mens' room where the ladies' room would be, with only one ladies' room near the entrance.

1 hour ago, cascarones said:

As to the San Antonio tiff? It seems she overheard Jessa's* displeasure that JinJer had separate plans with his friends and was trying to get Jinger to cancel them.

To be fair, if i went to visit my sister and she ignored my ass to see her friends that live close by i'd be pissed too

Just now, Carm_88 said:

That's what I was thinking as well. 

She did a really good job with it. Looks really nice and relaxing too.

That looks lovely. She actually has a lot of skills that will prepare her better into her role as wife than her sisters did. Someday. 

If those are all pictures from the TTH's back yard, wow there's an actual improvement. Go Jana! That stuff, with the pergolas, pavilion, and chicken run, are actually attractive and something I'd like to have in my backyard. And they appear to be well made, rather than just bashed together with no attention paid to them.

Gross, I don't know why I watched that. :pb_lol: I really didn't need that close-up of the spit-up. It seems like a lot of parents don't realize that other people aren't as inured to their baby's excretions as they are. Still, at least it wasn't poop! It's amazing how many people will post pictures of their baby covered in poop.

The sign on the chicken coop says, "Chick Inn"! Totally stealing that for mine :) the yard is beautiful. I'm a little envious.

59bc40550284a_jessahmmm.jpg.e0f17379d2e44d54e757e359ff48481c.jpg

speculating on every photo is annoying, but the way Jessa is holding this bouquet caught my eye and seems unnatural. I dunno I don't think she's been looking pregnant lately, but anyway I noticed this. 

On 9/14/2017 at 2:18 PM, OyToTheVey said:

Shayna punim (beautiful face)

Thank you! I'll have to remember that! I wish I had a chance to learn Yiddish from my grandfather.

21 hours ago, Feminist_Defrauder91 said:

Probably a little off topic, but I spent a significant part of my summer internship researching talking points that would convince the PA legislature to pass a law mandating mothers' rooms at most workplaces.  And the fact that it could be a storage closet was a talking point (yep, lowest common denominator here).  Yet the bill went nowhere.  Breast/bottle wars aside, why is it controversial to let moms have a place to pump at work that isn't a bathroom?  :confused2:

PA is so backwards; I'm embarrassed sometimes to say that's where I'm from.

My office has a little enclave in the women's bathroom with a couch. I guess it's for women to pump? On some floors they have a little screen you can hide behind, others don't.

But I'm very often tempted to take a nap on those couches.

I'd never actually nap in one of those places. I can't believe that's an actual problem. If I were a new mom, and likely sleep deprived, I wouldn't be too happy if someone napping got in the way of pumping.

Now I would love to see a story arc about planning, building, and final product of that garden. Show me that over another baby or fake wedding planning anytime. 

54 minutes ago, habert said:

speculating on every photo is annoying, but the way Jessa is holding this bouquet caught my eye and seems unnatural. I dunno I don't think she's been looking pregnant lately, but anyway I noticed this. 

It doesn't seem natural but, I'm half wondering if she didn't want to put her arms down because she was afraid of covering the boy to her right. 

16 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Now I would love to see a story arc about planning, building, and final product of that garden. Show me that over another baby or fake wedding planning anytime. 

TLC used to actually do home improvement shows back in its Learning Channel days. Maybe they could do something vaguely educational and show us what you're suggesting. That would actually have the potential to be interesting.

Although the editors of the show seem determined to show all the fluff and none of the actual design work and effort when dealing with projects like the tree house. Unless it's things like the "dangers" of moving the big logs around or Jana standing around in the lumber section of the hardware store. Give us the good parts of how it's actually done!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived