IGNORED

Bad Christian Movies

L1o2u3

On 9/18/2017 at 5:14 AM, Queen said:

@L1o2u3 "survived an abortion", what kind of crap is that? Did they mean the mother wanted to abort but decided/was pressured to give birth? Or survived as in survived an abortion procedure? How is it even possible for a fetus to survive that? Oh well.

Im obviously not ranting at you, but at the filmmakers! :) 

@lilwriter85 I thought SNL came up with "Pureflix", but to my horror I discovered it is an actual Christian movie streaming site. Really, Pureflix?? *shakes head and barfs*

It does happen.  I think it's pretty rare.  But it does happen. I can't go into details, but I know someone.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(I know someone too, a direct ancestor.)

Found the name of a film I've been meaning to mention here.  Well actually I saw the DVD which reminded me I wanted to mention it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1691153/

It was one of those films that one a bunch of Christian movie awards (e.g. the last San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival in 2013 ;) ) and was liked by most Christian reviewers (except the ones who don't like violence), while not really being all that great a film objectively. Also the same (I think?) film was called 'War of Resistance' in 2011.  Weird.

The main thing I remember about it was there were two blond guys who I had trouble telling apart, and the main villain was disturbingly creepy.

There really needs to be an MST3000 version of Bad Christian Movies.  
I wish the podcast God Awful Movies would do video as well. They are basically a MST3K for Christian movies.

The Wicker Man is one of those movies you only need to see once, and you'll be all ohmygod (you'll be all ohmygod about the remake, too, but that's because Nicholas Cage is in that one).  So when I found out there was a sequel, I had to watch it.  The Wicker Tree features a trashy country teen singer turned born again country singer, and her boyfriend.  They are sent to a pagan community in Scotland, in hopes of converting everyone (like the Hodnetts!).  Predictably, things do not go well for the wholesome couple.  Just awful.

Archived