IGNORED

Little People, Big World 2

Coconut Flan

Been sick with the flu and super bored so I browsed Audrey’s IG and came across a post around the time they announced the pregnancy and she details where the baby was conceived. No, just no. That’s so oversharing IMO especially on social media. Why share that? (I would link the pic but yeah I suck at those things) 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

^ I'm guessing because they are sooooo much better than the rest of us. And don;t forget they're beating the 50%, y'all!!

As someone who was married, divorced and got out of an abusive relationship, and is now re-married and happy, the hashtag beatingthe50% BS really gets to me. 

I dread to think what would happen if I hadn't gotten out of my first marriage. I mean, do they realize that by telling people they should beat the 50% at all costs because Jesus!, they are essentially saying it is better to stay married, no matter how bad things get?

I know I'm reading too much into it, and it's too simple-minded morons who could never comprehend anything other than reality TV paying their bills. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 6

I don’t know @unholypoledancer I don’t think you’re reading into it too deep. I could totally see them being the type who say “rape in marriage?! Doesn’t exist!” Or ask the woman, “have you been submissive enough?”, if she’s being abused. I really don’t think their beliefs are far off from some of the hardcore fundies we follow (based on statements they’ve made). They just don’t mind showing some shoulder and cleavage. And they want to be seen as cool. Audrey seemed so proud and wanted to show off the fact that she was submissive to Jeremy and allowed him to decide what city they would live in. I was pretty dumbfounded by that. It’s not like one of them got a job in a new city and discussed it. It was all just up to him. Not something to be proud of in my book, but hey, I guess my husband and I are heathens :pb_lol:

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

@mstee I'm glad I'm not crazy and someone else sees it! I think you are right, the fact that they show skin throws me and makes me think they are slightly different from "regular" fundies, when really they are not.

I'd love to see them lose their reality TV show. Can you imagine them trying to function in the real world without it? Audrey would likely drop dead from the lack of attention. 

I realize I sound like a total B right now, but I don't care.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 5

Average length of starter marriages is 1-10 years. Pretty sure they aren’t anywhere close to beating those statistics when they are barely out of the honeymoon period.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

@mstee and @unholypoledancer you are completely right! These two love to live in their holier-than-all world just like our typical fundie friends do. 

It drives me crazy when people use religion to oversimplify things. Jeremy and Audrey want to simply "beat divorce" despite the complexities of marriages and individuals. They preach choosing joy, even though normal human beings are supposed to feel a whole array of emotions. And of course oils can cure anything, and make you *uber godly*. 

These two need to dig deep and use their higher brain functioning. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Because I want everyone here to need eye bleach, here’s the post talking about where Baby Ember was consisted. Hint: It was in a treehouse!

And yes, I know I’m mean. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Love 4

@VelociRapture I don't have words for this stupidity. (Not you. You're awesome! The stupidity pictured above is what I mean).

This is why I have the username and picture I do; people this smug and "Godly", who enjoy rubbing everything that comes into contact in their lives into the faces of others, and make it seem like a religious experience piss me off. Make no mistake, I don't want to join them, ever. 

I'd rather be stripin' for Satan than ever join these smug @$$holes. Even if there is nothing to be proud of or smug about, they will create a reason! :my_sick:

End rant. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Because I want everyone here to need eye bleach, here’s the post talking about where Baby Ember was consisted. Hint: It was in a treehouse!

And yes, I know I’m mean. :pb_lol:

Lord help me  Audrey makes me ragey. Thank you for sharing your smug miracle Jebus decided you deserved Auj. How was this suchhhh a surprise when you told us you were boning in a tree?? Sperm + egg can result in an embryo. 

I apologise for my Crankasaurus Rex self today. Another disappointing month where my womb was not miraculously filled like Princess Roloff's. The 75 post count requirement to be able to hang out with my TTC FJ friends is at least driving me to participate more!! 

Edited by Meowkitties
Misspelled Princess's name
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 6

Ugh that's beyond words for me. Do Audrey and Jeremy know or care that they are often TMI? I don't need to know where you had sex or what you were saying during sex. Ick! 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

Oh but it gets worse. Not only they did announce where the baby was conceived, but we also got this gem of a photo at the treehouse:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171025-075102.thumb.png.0a86925049d17bcdb08a3e0ecc1fcadb.png

Meet the bed. :output_eeMbjt:

• Haha 10
  • Love 2

What I think is particularly funny about it is a lot of their fans have gone and stayed in Bolt Farm treehouse (which I admit is very beautiful.) But they always tag Auj and Jer and I wouldn't be able to stay there without thinking of them getting it on. :brainbleach:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

"Auj" most likely thinks she is so cool, and we are soooo interested in everything she does. We totally want to know when and where she got knocked up. I'm shocked she hasn't told us what position she was in. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171028-183717.thumb.png.c6618b11473653eebc67005792ad4109.png

I suppose I get the point Jeremy is trying to make... I can imagine that the responsibility of parenthood can be overwhelming, and you do have to think of another human being before yourself. But what the hell does that have to do with being holy? And WTF does dying to self mean?? 

Also isn't their whole social media presence a facade of happiness? Or at least what is supposed to be an appealing brand? 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, Meowkitties said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I suppose I get the point Jeremy is trying to make... I can imagine that the responsibility of parenthood can be overwhelming, and you do have to think of another human being before yourself. But what the hell does that have to do with being holy? And WTF does dying to self mean?? 

Also isn't their whole social media presence a facade of happiness? Or at least what is supposed to be an appealing brand? 

I have never heard anybody say "dying to self" before. I had a hard time following his post. They're so full of themselves. It's painfully obvious that he fills his posts with "big words" to try to sound more intelligent. It reminds me of what teachers complain about high schoolers doing when writing essays.

I googled it:

Question: "What does the Bible mean by 'dying to self'?"

Answer: The concept of “dying to self” is found throughout the New Testament. It expresses the true essence of the Christian life, in which we take up our cross and follow Christ. Dying to self is part of being born again; the old self dies and the new self comes to life (John 3:3–7). Not only are Christians born again when we come to salvation, but we also continue dying to self as part of the process of sanctification. As such, dying to self is both a one-time event and a lifelong process. 

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Meowkitties said:

I think I've said in this thread before that I suspect they aren't actually very happy, and it comes out in posts like this. They very frequently make posts about intense struggles in their marriage (fights, selfishness, lack of communication) and how to overcome them. Which I guess makes sense if they are trying to reach out to others who are struggling so they can overcome too and prevent an evil divorce, but mostly it just makes me think...you shouldn't have to struggle this much to be happy in your marriage. Of course it requires work, but it shouldn't require herculean effort.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Yes but their father has a long history of financial mismanagement and DUIs. I have known of the Roloffs long before they were on TV as Matt Roloff was one of the driving forces that developed the LPA advocacy committee for LP needing international adoptions which is where their world converged with mine.

I’ve known very few people in adoption circles speak of him in a positive light from a personal perspective. They have respect for his advocacy but I always heard he was personally a jerk.

Given even what we HAVE seen, you have to wonder whether those boys worked through the example they were raised with or are having to learn the hard way by jumping both feet first without healing first. And if they opt to emulate their family structure they will find spouses less tolerant than their mother rather quickly.

I personally think Amy Roloff has an exit plan for a long time she had to work and strongarmed him into a semi-amicable split by agreeing to not air the dirty laundry and not split up the farm if he played nice.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Meowkitties said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I kind of get the point. I’m a new mom myself and it’s absolutely a huge adjustment. You can try and prepare ahead of time, but nothing can really prepare you fully for the full impact of caring for a tiny defenseless person. Jer and Auj are still in the newborn days and those can be really tough to handle for a lot of people.

His point regarding holiness likely makes sense to others who believe as he does. No offense to anyone who may believe the same, but I kind of just rolled my eyes a bit. Everything seems to be very dramatic with him. 

1 hour ago, zygote373 said:

I think I've said in this thread before that I suspect they aren't actually very happy, and it comes out in posts like this. They very frequently make posts about intense struggles in their marriage (fights, selfishness, lack of communication) and how to overcome them. Which I guess makes sense if they are trying to reach out to others who are struggling so they can overcome too and prevent an evil divorce, but mostly it just makes me think...you shouldn't have to struggle this much to be happy in your marriage. Of course it requires work, but it shouldn't require herculean effort.

Conspiracy theory - they could be exaggerating the issues they have to a certain extent. No one wants to read about a perfect couple who has no problems whatsoever or issues that are ridiculously small (like not having the same favorite ice cream flavor or the same favorite color) because it’s just not believable. But a couple who have “intense” fights and trust the Lord to help them work through those issues? That’s going to draw attention from certain segments of the population and those people will probably be happy enough to shell out money to find out how they can work on their relationship issues too.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Conspiracy theory - they could be exaggerating the issues they have to a certain extent. No one wants to read about a perfect couple who has no problems whatsoever or issues that are ridiculously small (like not having the same favorite ice cream flavor or the same favorite color) because it’s just not believable. But a couple who have “intense” fights and trust the Lord to help them work through those issues? That’s going to draw attention from certain segments of the population and those people will probably be happy enough to shell out money to find out how they can work on their relationship issues too.

I definitely agree that's a possibility because they seem like they'd do anything for attention. 

The reason I suspect is also from things that happen when they aren't "on", mostly in their instagram stories. Whoever is in the background is often on their phone, or seems grumpy, etc. But I will be the first to admit I have no idea how they really are in real life. Maybe they are very loving to each other most of the time and they only post instagram stories when they're both taking a break to focus on their own stuff. Like I said, it's just a suspicion. They so heavily curate all their content it's hard to know what's real or not.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I'm sure many of you are already familiar with the toxic Matt Walsh. Here are some of Matt's post that Jeremy and Audrey liked, just to give further insight on what kinds of a-holes they are. Just a reminder that The Roloffs are another brand of the TLC fundie train. There are more posts liked by them but I think you get the point.

Spoiler

IMG_2381.thumb.PNG.d7063168c5514f2d33c575293dbcd772.PNGIMG_2380.thumb.PNG.8a6d4836e0dcfdc2640bda22d07b847b.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_2379.thumb.PNG.ad5bd8adb91ffd68d40509f0b8daced3.PNGIMG_2378.thumb.PNG.fbec6fd0908ef3679c0d0e8c2d051470.PNG

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

Can I just say to Matt Walsh that I would rather share the title woman with that lovely person in the Cover Girl commercial, then I would want to share the title human being with him. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 8

On 10/30/2017 at 10:19 AM, Carm_88 said:

Can I just say to Matt Walsh that I would rather share the title woman with that lovely person in the Cover Girl commercial, then I would want to share the title human being with him. 

Can I just say that of all conservative bloggers, I despise Matt Walsh the most and eagerly anticipate the day when he announces his divorce and his teen children rebel?

God he's so fucking smug. Dude's like 29 and has two very young children but he knows EVERYTHING about marriage and raising children.

Also, he tweeted something ridiculously sexist a few months back, offensive even to some conservatives, and it didn't get the backlash it should have. I believe he deleted it but someone should have a screenshot.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Have the Roloffs ever publicly talked about their views on Halloween?

I know Amy always dresses up for pumpkin season, but it doesn't look like either grandkid had a costume or went trick or treating. Tori posted a picture of Jackson in a pumpkin shirt in their house, and Jeremy/Audrey posted nothing related to Halloween. No festive shirt, no costume, no candy.

If they don't celebrate it because they think it's anti-Christian, it's yet another example of how good they are at marketing. It's a pretty conservative stance to take, and yet most of their fans think they're just an average family (other than some of them being little people, of course).

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic