IGNORED

Little People, Big World 2

Coconut Flan

Somebody is on the Trump train. Jeremy is an idiot and I don't have anything nice to say about these people anymore. He's the Derick Dillard of LPBW.

IMG_1530.PNG

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

On 10/10/2017 at 5:02 PM, Seculardaisy said:

This photo is a good reminder of how fake reality TV is. How could anybody be real and genuine with cameras surrounding them in a small space like this?

IMG_1464.PNG

Can you copy this exact post and put it in every single Duggar and Bates thread? I feel like it’d be really helpful over there. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

Maybe you should stop taking money from the media, Jer.

But...but...how would people avoid divorce then? #Beatingthe50Percent #AlwaysMore

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Somebody is on the Trump train. Jeremy is an idiot and I don't have anything nice to say about these people anymore. He's the Derick Dillard of LPBW.

IMG_1530.PNG

Stay gold, Pony-tail Boy.  Stay gold. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Yikes. He can love his blankie when he’s awake. She obviously does not realize or care that the comments about this are for safety, not mom shaming. I really hope nothing happens to him.

Spoiler

12A1C19F-6802-4F9E-8453-9FA579BB0FAF.thumb.png.5ddcc5c87602adb18e9553b4b7cb8b63.png

• Upvote 4

Tori is so irrational, your kid loving a blanket doesn't make it okay or safe. The more she doubles down on this the less likeable she becomes.

I don't often care how people choose to parent but she's putting her son at risk for cute photo ops and the sake of being stubborn. It's ridiculous.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 5

Its one one thing if he only naps with it during the day while being closely supervised. I personally wouldn’t do it, but I’m also a bit neurotic. I get the feeling he uses it at night when everyone is asleep though and that really isn’t a good idea, especially if he has toys or other objects in the crib with him.

I get that having a ton of people offering their opinions about how you parent all at once is tough, especially for a first time parent. But there is a big difference between criticizing over a major safety issue and criticizing over a personal choice, like whether or not you breastfeed - one person is looking out for the safety of your kid and the other is someone just being an asshole.

(And yeah know, she could also set her account to private and get the fuck off of the reality show if legitimate safety concerns bug her that much.)

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I can't even with this B. "Dont criticize my parenting, even though I'm putting my child in danger." As other FJers have said, get off social media if you don't want people being vocal. I take it she's never wo4ied about SIDS. My childhood neighbors lost a sibling To SIDS. Its nothing to be careless about. Why not sleep sacks? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

It just blows my mind because it's just something SO EASILY fixed! Just let him use it with supervision while he's awake. Like I feel like he'd be fine without it, but how will people know if he is still cute?

Also I saw in her instagram story how it was her, a friend and Audrey and Audrey had this really warm hat on Ember's head, like it was something I at least would wear in the winter, but I just thought it was a little much? Not sure on safety/necessities

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

It just blows my mind because it's just something SO EASILY fixed! Just let him use it with supervision while he's awake. Like I feel like he'd be fine without it, but how will people know if he is still cute?

Also I saw in her instagram story how it was her, a friend and Audrey and Audrey had this really warm hat on Ember's head, like it was something I at least would wear in the winter, but I just thought it was a little much? Not sure on safety/necessities

Here’s the photo I think you’re talking about:

B719A958-C07A-463F-986C-C18F71E4948C.thumb.png.0305ae24f4db4d045ebc5c2e8ab936bb.png

Newborns aren’t able to regulate their own temperatures well - so even on days where an adult wouldn’t need a hat a newborn might. A lot of babies wear hats inside at first to help keep them warm.

And can we all agree that it’s not just Tori or Audrey letting their kid sleep with blankets or wearing hats inside? Those kids have fathers who deserve equal accountability. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 4

No, Zach and Jeremy share equal responsibility. It's easy to say "Tori isn't being safe" because she's the one who is putting it out there but really, Zach and Tori have made this choice. They may not want to see it but they are putting Jackson in danger. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Re babies in hats. 

I don't think it's going to do them any harm and most of the time I think parents just do it because they're cute. That said its actually now thought that newborns do NOT need hats even immediately following birth. Many midwives and OBs are now choosing not to put those little hats on babies. At the ABC that my children were born at they don't even offer them.

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/baby/no-hats-on-newborn-babies/

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

But guys! Jeremy is too busy promoting alwaysmore and being angry at the liberal media while Zach is like kind of there? But yes unless they both "decided" to do something childrearing in the words of Sierra they have just as much input.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Re babies in hats. 

I don't think it's going to do them any harm and most of the time I think parents just do it because they're cute. That said its actually now thought that newborns do NOT need hats even immediately following birth. Many midwives and OBs are now choosing not to put those little hats on babies. At the ABC that my children were born at they don't even offer them.

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/baby/no-hats-on-newborn-babies/

Huh. Now that I think about it, my nephew (born early in 2016) didn’t wear hats a lot. My daughter (born December 2016) did, but she was also six weeks premature. Thanks for the link!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

I've been a fan of Tori but this "I know better and I'm not open to sane advice" attitude is getting old quickly. She's lucky that nothing has happened to baby J yet and I hope nothing ever does. She is very very active on social media- she can't expect not to receive comments. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

With all due respect @velocirapture (no snark I respect you) as a mom of sons from 16 to 7, I can attest to Dad isn’t totally up on child safety.  He reminds me to relax. They’re fine. Gently and with the hand in a stop position.  He deferred to me when they were babies but I wouldn’t have expected that he would have read up on the latest and greatest recommendations from the American association of pediatricians and further he trusted me to keep our babies safe. Now that they are people he takes them fishing and motorcycle riding and to the skate park and out to run their rc cars not to mention soccer, basketball and baseball practices and games. Now is really the time to panic because these kids scare me every day. 

I am very thankful that I have a husband who tempers my helicopter mom tendencies and that will hopefully allow my sons fish, ride, play, fail, win, succeed, and fail.  And walk to their friend’s house down the street  

I am appalled with carelessness in child safety practices but to wrangle Zack into a conversation to remedy Jacksons’s sleep environment seems to be far reaching. 

In our case it’s not gender bias. We have lived and loved a life of balance for our 5 sons.  My husband cannot provide all that I give our kids and I can’t give them all he does either.

And that’s totally ok by me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

@StepMonsterInLAThen you guys are the exact opposite of us - my husband is the one who is overprotective because he has far less childcare experience than me. He was overprotective during my pregnancy too - thanks google! :pb_lol:

Zach has been shown to play a very active role in his son’s life. As such, he has just as much responsibility of making sure his son is safe as Tori does. At this point, they’ve clearly been informed and are still choosing not to follow safety recommendations. I hope Jackson remains safe.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Jer and Auj rant: yesterday was the second time one of them has posted an IG story about how their cat roams the neighborhood. Once Jeremy posted how when he was outside his cat was walking around on the neighbors roof. Yesterday Audrey posted that as they were taking their evening walk Pine (their cat) heard their voices and came walking up to them.

It's so irresponsible to let a house cat roam around town. I hope that poor kitten doesn't get lost, picked up by somebody, or hit by a car!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

Jeremy and Audrey just posted on their instagram stories about having Starbucks for the first time in 2.5 years. Apparently Starbucks "did some stuff" at that time they didn't agree with, so they decided to support local coffee shops instead.

The only thing I can find from 2.5 years ago is their tone deaf #racetogether campaign to confront racism in America. It was specifically because of the increased profile of racially based police brutality and the ensuing protests. Most of the flack they got was from liberals for not thinking the campaign through (coming from a very white company, putting baristas in a hard place, etc.). But knowing that Jeremy and Audrey are decidedly NOT liberal, I suspect they boycotted because they saw it as supporting Black Lives Matter.

More here: https://news.starbucks.com/news/what-race-together-means-for-starbucks-partners-and-customers

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

I was thinking they boycotted because of those "erasing christmas from the cups" shenanigans. Although Jeremy posted a follow up story that said they simply decided to support smaller coffee shops so who knows. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I rolled my eyes so hard at the Starbucks picture... They must not be very dedicated to their very holy protest to give it up for convenience sake. Also this is so BEC, but Jeremy's insta stories drive me crazy when he starts by pointing the phone at the sky or the ground then quickly swivels around to start his video. It's not artsy Jer. 

I should probably just stop looking at their social media, but I just can't look away :2wankers:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Meowkitties said:

I rolled my eyes so hard at the Starbucks picture... They must not be very dedicated to their very holy protest to give it up for convenience sake. Also this is so BEC, but Jeremy's insta stories drive me crazy when he starts by pointing the phone at the sky or the ground then quickly swivels around to start his video. It's not artsy Jer. 

I should probably just stop looking at their social media, but I just can't look away :2wankers:

OMG it drives me nuts too. That and the fact that half the time he's driving. Pay attention to the road dammit! 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic