IGNORED

Little People, Big World 2

Coconut Flan

I had seen (I forgot who reported it-InTouch or some place like that?) that Tori had made some comment about how if people kept shaming her, she wouldn't share pictures of her family. 

There's a difference between not being perfect, and ignoring some really basic safety rules for such a small baby. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

37 minutes ago, unholypoledancer said:

I had seen (I forgot who reported it-InTouch or some place like that?) that Tori had made some comment about how if people kept shaming her, she wouldn't share pictures of her family. 

So what? Does she think that the world will stop because she doesn't share pictures of her family? I am sure they will show him on the show. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

So what? Does she think that the world will stop because she doesn't share pictures of her family?

Oh, I totally agree with you! I read what she had said, and it really p***ed me off, because, does she think our world revolves around her and her stupid insta bs?? I don't know, reality TV has made regular people media obsessed, thinking that everyone cares what they do, when we DON'T.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

Can someone tell me why the pack n play is unsafe? I understand blankets, but not having kids I'm not really sure what the difference is between that and a normal cot in terms of safety.

36 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Can someone tell me why the pack n play is unsafe? I understand blankets, but not having kids I'm not really sure what the difference is between that and a normal cot in terms of safety.

The pack and play would be safe, it's because there are at least two blankets in it. The blankets are the danger, he could wrap the blankets around his neck, or pull the up and smother. 

• Upvote 7

I'm usually one to think the mommy shaming stuff is silly and petty when it comes to things that don't involve safety. But safety? Why not just do it right? Most everyone is aware of issues with infants and blankets/stuffed animals in the crib. Why take the chance? 

Off on a tangent: I follow the singer Pink on IG and usually love her. She posted a story or pic where her kid's carseat's belts were super loose. To the point where you're wondering what the point is since it would do nothing to protect her kid in a crash. She then went on a rant when people pointed it out to her. Soon after, her or her husband made a big point about how the kids only eat organic and how important that is. Now, I agree, organic is nice, but why does that matter more than basic safety?? I couldn't see the logic. 

Back to Tori- I saw that story and the first thing I saw was the blanket over his mouth and that made me cringe. I think my pregnancy hormones are making me even more worried about stuff like that than I would be normally, haha 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

The pack and play would be safe, it's because there are at least two blankets in it. The blankets are the danger, he could wrap the blankets around his neck, or pull the up and smother. 

Got it, thank you!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Ok you guys. 

I took all 3 of my boys in for flu shots today. 2 elementary school kids and a high school senior.  Since before my eldest was born (I interviewed his pediatrician) I have actively sought best practices for my kids.  

My kids get dirty.  I mean really dirty. They ride motorcycles, bikes, and use power tools.  I think betweeen their Dad and me we allow them to adventure but are very aware of pool safety, etc.  

At age 46 when I have been to 3 funerals of children who have died from SIDS and drowning, and tangentially many others in our small town, I have gained a healthy respect for  no brainer don’t put a bunch of crap in your baby’s crib.  Bouncy balls?  Right in the trash ‘round here.  Open pool gates?  Never. My husband and I pulled our youngest out of the pool twice when he fell in. No fear.  We were right there to get him but both times it was a moment when we were hanging out and all the sudden he fell in. 

I hate to sound how I sound right now but to put blankets in with a baby, no matter how strong he seems, is scary.  My sons, ages 7&9, can swim.  And do swim. Do we let them swim without supervision? No way.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Spoiler

IMG_2148.PNG.c28c1e37b868c343b6a83980ee9757d2.PNG

I think there's a huge difference from having your kid leave the house looking like this (photo above) versus having the common sense to help prevent a baby suffocating or choking. I'm all for kids playing in the dirt and being active like @StepMonsterInLA is saying but have some common sense. I feel like Tori is just playing with fire. 

ETA: and I think the petty mom shaming has ruined how a lot of moms think. The attitude of "I'm his mom so only I know what's best" seems to be prevelant on social media. It's the opposite of all the moms who worried what's others thought. Tori basically said that she's going to do what she wants because it's her kid. There's a huge difference between saying to someone that they should've already taken their kid's pacifier away or they should've breast fed or small things like that which are just opinions rather than saying to someone, hey your baby may suffocate. Huge difference. If I were doing something really harmful to my child unbeknownst to myself, I'd want to know. 

Edited by mstee
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

^ I was going to ask the same. The small balls that bounce up high? Or the ones you sit on?

1 hour ago, unholypoledancer said:

^ I was going to ask the same. The small balls that bounce up high? Or the ones you sit on?

I can assure you, from my personal being hit in the face with either is highly unpleasant.

• Haha 1

Yes a 4 year old boy (out of the “small parts” age group of under 3) in our community got one lodged in his airway and died.  

My kids know better and I am STILL telling them to get that out of your mouth!   

Edited by StepMonsterInLA
  • Upvote 2

There's a short TLC video fragment on Youtube. I cannot stand Jeremy. He cannot let Audrey speak or let her finish her sentences. He needs to interrupt her all the time. He seems like the kind of guy who only let's you speak so that he can continue his story the moment you take a breath.

Edited by Timetraveler
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Eugh. Guys, she’s making me feel feelings that aren’t eye roll inducing.

(But seriously, what a beautiful moment to capture on film. This is one of the first photos from them that feels honest and real as opposed to staged.)

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, LiterallyBananas said:

Choking hazard, I think. Like almost exactly the size of a child's airway.

Oh ha I was thinking of the large ones!

• Love 1

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Eugh. Guys, she’s making me feel feelings that aren’t eye roll inducing.

(But seriously, what a beautiful moment to capture on film. This is one of the first photos from them that feels honest and real as opposed to staged.)

Does that look like a giant medical barf bag in the background or is it just me?

(Sorry to be... that person. Once saw it I couldn't un-see it.)

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

I think yesterday on his insta story Jeremy recordered Tori and Audrey wearying their babies in front packs walking past him. He said hi going to check on pumpkin season or something like that.  Audrey kind of smirked in his direction and kept walking—almost how I would react to a stranger who I didn’t want to talk to.

Does that look like a giant medical barf bag in the background or is it just me?
(Sorry to be... that person. Once saw it I couldn't un-see it.)

It is a medical barf bag. And don't knock it. Those suckers are the best designed vomit containers I have ever seen! I wish airlines would switch to them and that I had a supply of them in my car sick kids years!
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 2

The picture is beautiful.

Now onto snark; I love their matching buns. :P 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

Adorable babies. The Roloff children should stick to things they know like new parenthood. The arrogance of thinking without training, wisdom nor experience you can set up a marriage ministry and tell others how to divorce proof a marriage and healthy marriage when you are barely out of the honeymoon phase and barely wet behind the ears of adulthood is mind boggling.

Now, if AMY wanted to give perspective, she might have things worth hearing. I still have no idea how she survived all the years she stayed with their father nor how she has managed to present a positive post-marriage life and remain his business partner. But Jeremy and his wife are BABIES, not marriage experts.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

This photo is a good reminder of how fake reality TV is. How could anybody be real and genuine with cameras surrounding them in a small space like this?

IMG_1464.PNG

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

^ This is an eye-opening reminder of how not real these shows are.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic