IGNORED

Little People, Big World 2

Coconut Flan

Audrey posted a newish (same day, different close up) pic of Ember along with a lengthy caption. Parenting has been a tough adjustment for them (as it is for many) but she has Jesus hymns to get her through.

Spoiler

IMG_0803.thumb.PNG.84c9b7c19051032d73b2a1c1e04953b6.PNG

IMG_0802.PNG

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 3

That baby is a copy of Jeremy. For now at least. Hopefully Audrey won't stick to breast feeding no matter what because she feels she has to. It is not worth that much suffering and missing out on loving on your baby during those first few weeks (I imagine, I don't have any kids myself yet)

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Timetraveler said:

That baby is a copy of Jeremy. For now at least. Hopefully Audrey won't stick to breast feeding no matter what because she feels she has to. It is not worth that much suffering and missing out on loving on your baby during those first few weeks (I imagine, I don't have any kids myself yet)

I will say every time I breast fed it took a few weeks of adjustment and it wasn't very comfortable and with my first baby everything was pretty similar to her experience. It's a learning process. It eventually clicked for us but I know it's not the same for everyone.

& you're right nobody should feel like they HAVE to breastfeed. Just feed (however you have to) and love those babies.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I hope that if she does want to continue breastfeeding that she's able to. The only thing that matters is if mom and baby are healthy, but I know it can be tough to accept stopping before you want to for any reason. 

Seeing a good lactation consultant (one that isn't militant about breast only, etc.) could be an excellent decision for her if she's truly experiencing a lot of pain or trouble. The consultant at our hospital was fantastic - she was gentle, compassionate, and never shamed us for giving our preemie high calorie formula. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I've also heard that if the mom is upset that the baby could sense that which would cause issues again trying to breast feed (FJ moms please let me know!). But I agree, if it's becoming more of an issue then I wished she realizes that it's okay that she doesn't have to force herself.

I hope that if she wants to continue breast feeding, that she does stop having so many issues. None of that sounds like very much fun. That being said, if Audrey decides that breast feeding isn't something that is for her, that's equally fine. You're not failing by giving your baby a bottle. Fed is best. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Agree with all y’all about the above. My experience was breast fed first for a year, second was a sleepy and lethargic baby breastfed for a month not a good experience so I was so relieved to give up the boob and get him eating formula, and with the 3rd I was headed down the same path and I ended up being referred to a wonderful breastfeeding clinic by my pediatrician, did weigh ins a few times a week, nursed there while weighing before and after (sometimes they would say he got about a teaspoon 5 ml very disheartening) did SNS —supplemental nursing system with a little catheter in his mouth with formula which would nourish him while stimulating milk production, pumped, mastitis, and on the other bleary eyed side breast fed that kid until he was almost 2. Ok that was too long but he was my last baby and I loved it.  I’m lazy it was free.   

Say all that to say do what you can get support as needed.  I judged bottle feeders until I was one and understood that not all moms can breastfeed as all babies are different (said baby #2 put me on bed rest because he was measuring so small and not gaining adequately by the perinatologist). For me to finally release breastfeeding plan was such a relief!  

Interesting to see how it goes for Audrey. All the perfect preggo pics does not a perfect postpartum make. I don’t like her but I feel for her that she is having a hard time and admits it.  Makes all the “guys it’s hard work being married and be intentional” bullshit all lols. Having a newborn is where shit got real. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I find it rather interesting that Audrey is now willing to be more open to talking about how postpartum is hard. It is obviously hard. But she was Ms. "Don't be negative about pregnancy because god gives us babies"  a few months ago but now that it's finally her that's finding it all hard those words are catching up to her.

http://www.aujpoj.com/first-trimester-pregnancy/

"I don’t want to be the mom that warns the future generations about how hard and scary pregnancy and delivery can be. I want to be the mom that gives testimony to the miraculous process of growing a human and the joyous experience of bringing your child into the world! I want to be a mom that gives hope to future moms about the joy that far surpasses morning sickness and labor pains. This is my heart." 

Edited by Seculardaisy
Typos. I need caffeine.
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

That just really annoys me because you can't go into something like bringing a child into the world as a 100% joyous wonderful occasion. That's also dangerous to say too I feel.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

That just really annoys me because you can't go into something like bringing a child into the world as a 100% joyous wonderful occasion. That's also dangerous to say too I feel.

I feel like Jeremy and Audrey's whole "thing" is glossing over how hard life challenges are (marriage, pregnancy, finances etc.) to give the prettiest IG photos and fit the beating50 brand. Suddenly though Auj is realizing parenting is hard work so it's okay for her to talk about the struggles even though six months ago she blogged about how nobody could/should be negative about it.

But as they say, everybody's a perfect parent until they actually have a kid to take care of.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Speaking of perfect parents, Tori has posted a rant to her instagram stories. My guess is that it's about the video of Jackson she posted a little earlier waking up from his nap. He was snuggling in a blanket. Isn't that a suffocation risk? Isn't that why people use sleep sacks? I don't actually know anything about babies. Messages people send in response to stories aren't public, so I can't see if that's what prompted her rant. Saying all these "perfect" parents seem to have so much advice, and can't we bring mamas up instead of tearing them down?

As someone without kids, I mostly find mommy wars annoying noise, but I also kind of understand it when people are legit concerned about safety.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

Speaking of perfect parents, Tori has posted a rant to her instagram stories. My guess is that it's about the video of Jackson she posted a little earlier waking up from his nap. He was snuggling in a blanket. Isn't that a suffocation risk? Isn't that why people use sleep sacks? I don't actually know anything about babies. Messages people send in response to stories aren't public, so I can't see if that's what prompted her rant. Saying all these "perfect" parents seem to have so much advice, and can't we bring mamas up instead of tearing them down?

As someone without kids, I mostly find mommy wars annoying noise, but I also kind of understand it when people are legit concerned about safety.

I was coming here to say the same thing.  He has no less than two blankets, two pillows, and a stuffed animal in his crib. I'm assuming people messaged her to let her know that it's a suffocation risk. I understand that it could be annoying if a ton of people messaged her to tell her that but the fact of the matter is Jackson's crib IS unsafe. She put herself in the public eye, she has every right to stop sharing photos of her family but she shouldn't be shocked when people reply to something obviously dangerous. 

She said "just because I do something differently doesn't mean I'm wrong" but in this case she's not just making a different parenting choice, she's making an unsafe one. Hopefully she listens to what people have to say. A popular IG mom recently lost her son of about the same age because he tangled himself in his blanket.

Spoiler

IMG_0882.thumb.PNG.e61a5886bf960bdef6770799d86a4dc0.PNG

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

For that, I'm assuming you wait when they're like maybe 2? I thought since he looked bigger it might have been fine?

Jacksons only 4.5 months old. The AAP recommendation is nothing in the crib for the first year.

"Wait until your baby is at least 12 months old. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), soft bedding in a crib – like blankets and pillows – increases of the risk of suffocation or sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Safe alternatives to blankets are sleepers, sleep sacks, and wearable blankets."

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 3

I understand how tough it is to receive unsolicited advice. It's got to be especially tough when it's a ton of people giving you advice at once. 

But the fact is, his crib is unsafe. Ridiculously so. Tori can bitch and complain all she wants, but that doesn't change the fact that she and Zach provided an unsafe sleep environment. Just buy the kid some sleep sacks and remove the toys and pillows - that's all they need to do to fix the issue, prevent something horrible from happening, and keep people from commenting about it.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

Unsolicited advice is hard. That being said, the kid isn't even 5 months old, he doesn't need a huge teddy bear and a bunch of blankets in his crib. It's unsafe; there's no differing opinions here. It's not breast vs. bottle, it's to reduce death. Get off your high horse Tori, you're wrong! 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Went back to watch the stories again. I mean, what if he did this in his sleep and didn’t move the blanket back down?? It seems like common sense to me. 

I seriously hope nothing happens to him. 

Spoiler

27CE5B71-D86E-4001-9A5F-0F57B8267F95.png

Edited by zygote373
Added spoiler
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Jeremy posted a new photo of a Ember where you can actually see her face. Every photo her she's in the same exact print and colors. Livin' that hipster baby life! She's cute though! It appears she has strawberry blonde hair.

Spoiler

IMG_0919.thumb.PNG.9d00a8f982d91f35066e4a02737f7eed.PNG

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

"Wait until your baby is at least 12 months old. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), soft bedding in a crib – like blankets and pillows – increases of the risk of suffocation or sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Safe alternatives to blankets are sleepers, sleep sacks, and wearable blankets."

Back in the 70's my mother used sleepers - and nothing else - in the kids' cribs.  

Do this people not get/listen to medical advice?

• Upvote 2

Ah the same magazine that picked up Mason's birth and put up Joshley's picture. How very godly. :P 

Ember is cute though! I'm sure we will be seeing more of her now. 

Tori posted a photo to her IG stories of Jackson sleeping in a pack and play crib with two blankets. Safe to say she didn't heed anybody's warnings. 

Yay for bull headed ignorance.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Audrey posted a new story to Instagram. Not sure what it's about because I have it muted, but apparently someone sent two books for Ember and one of them was She Persisted by Chelsea Clinton. We have a copy for our daughter and I love it because of the variety of female role models it provides. It's a great gift choice for a new baby.

4 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Tori posted a photo to her IG stories of Jackson sleeping in a pack and play crib with two blankets. Safe to say she didn't heed anybody's warnings. 

:pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic