IGNORED

Little People, Big World 2

Coconut Flan

I was hopping for Daisy or Rudy or some other acceptable cute name. 

Anyways....let's get ready for the annoying post about how empowering and Jesusy birth is.  

• Upvote 7

Well I guess that makes sense. I was sure it would be Ruby since red hair/being more precious than rubies. I guess I've heard worse but what was said is true, she's gonna be forever saying "No, not Amber"

• Upvote 5

Red hair is interesting, I can say this because I have it. I was guaranteed to have it, my parents are both redheads. So there was no other hair colour choice for me, because the MCR1 gene is recessive. Unless Jeremy carries this gene, it's very unlikely for them to hvae children with red hair.* 

*Unlikely doesn't mean impossible! Just the gene is touchy and sneaky! :P 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, StepMonsterInLA said:

She will ever be named no that's Ember with an E.  

About 30 years ago, I worked with a woman named Ember.  She liked it; I thought  was pretty.  But she was constantly correcting people that she was not Amber.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, StepMonsterInLA said:

She will ever be named no that's Ember with an E.  

That's exactly what I told my husband, "The Roloffs had their baby, her name is Ember with an E."

21 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

Am I the only one annoyed by Jeremy's "natural labor is no joke" comment? Like c-sections are a walk in the park? 

I'm not annoyed, he's just talking about his wife's experience.

I've had natural, non-medicated labors and one epidural labor. I would've said some sort of similar sentiment for all of them just as a c-section mom would say "c-sections are no joke."

All experiences are true to the person talking about their birth. He only had his and his wife's experience to refer to and labor IS challenging. He's a smug person but in this case it's a harmless comment.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I'm not annoyed, he's just talking about his wife's experience.

It just rubbed me the wrong way. I might be reading too much into this, and always expecting the worse from them, but i am pretty convinced they feel superior because they had a "natural labor".

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

It just rubbed me the wrong way. I might be reading too much into this, and always expecting the worse from them, but i am pretty convinced they feel superior because they had a "natural labor".

I don't doubt you're wrong there.

For me, no matter how my births went it always made me feel proud when my husband said "woah that looked seriously hard, you did amazing." In this instance I'm just giving a Jeremy a pass because I think it's important to be a good birth partner and support your wife's labor.

That said, I won't be shocked if we get an IG caption that is super superior and snark worthy soon.

Edited by Seculardaisy
Autocorrect fail
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Be nice guys! My daughter is named Ember, she is almost 3. Im already mourning the fact that they share a name AND that it will probably become a trendy hipster name now. Ugh I'll be over it soon as I just found out a few minutes ago but I am super annoyed by this grrrrrrr

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

Be nice guys! My daughter is named Ember, she is almost 3. Im already mourning the fact that they share a name AND that it will probably become a trendy hipster name now. Ugh I'll be over it soon as I just found out a few minutes ago but I am super annoyed by this grrrrrrr

I think it's a lovely name! Don't fret, I don't think this show is THAT big, idk that it'll necessarily catch on too much.

I did say Ember with an E to my husband only because I thought he may think I was saying Amber. But I, myself, have a very common name and people mishear me and think I'm saying a different common name all of the time.

Edited by Seculardaisy

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

Don't worry, they are more popular in their own heads than they actually are in real life. 

• Upvote 10

My first thought was that ember was for fire / red hair since they talked about having a red-headed little girl so much. I still wonder what they're gonna do if she ends up a brunette.

• Upvote 6

I only have to say "Ember with an E" to the old ladies at the Y. Most people get it w/o any qualifiers. Also I dont mind it. I get kinda smug like "no her name is cooler than that". 

Jean is a thing now too. My friend just got a new niece named juniper jean. I almost named little Ember Juniper instead. Oy. I already used a too popular name for my son (Gavin born in 2010).  I dont think my middle daughters name will catch on much (saylor). If anyone i know reads here I am outed lol.   

Well, I see the blessed event has finally happened. I don't mind the name, though Ember Roloff does have the double letter clash in the middle. Not the biggest deal when it comes to naming, especially with the letter R, but it will forever remind me of an episode of Fraiser.

Also, like many newborns, little Ember was wearing a hat in her picture. Guess we'll have to wait to meet her hair. In any case, she looks like a cutie.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

My first thought was that ember was for fire / red hair since they talked about having a red-headed little girl so much. I still wonder what they're gonna do if she ends up a brunette.

I'm sure since they are such good Christians, God will have blessed them with a child with red hair. (Please note sarcasm)

Even if the baby has red hair, it can change. I had black hair at birth, but it turned blond a few months later. The black would have made since, since my dad (and all of his siblings) had black hair and my mom's family all had dark brown, but mother nature had a different idea for me. I'd love to have either the black or blond now, since I'm mostly grey.

• Upvote 7

The name's okay.  I googled it and it turns out one of the Everly Brothers gave his daughter the middle name of Ember. Like 60 years ago.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, seasonsoflife said:

Yeah I'd expect them to think it makes them superior to Tori at least. :my_dodgy:

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 6

Today I am not the least jealous of Audrey because I just got my BFP (3 of them actually). I am in complete shock and scared to death but this is an exciting day! (now just have to wait like 8 hours for hubby to come home to tell him).

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic