IGNORED

Little People, Big World 2

Coconut Flan

On 12/29/2018 at 3:33 PM, VelociRapture said:

Is it possible it wasn’t that cold out that day? I’m in New England so I wouldn’t know, but the weather here has been really weird this December - it was in the low 50s today (still too cold for Ember’s outfit, but not really cold either.) 

She was not dressed for winter/fall in the PNW. We are lucky to get into the 50’s. I know that the 40’s might sound warm to some but for us it’s cold. It would also be cold for a young child that can not regulate their body temperature. On top of that, you have the rain. Some fabrics like cotton will not keep a person/ baby warm once they are wet.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s time for your periodic reminder that Tori may be quieter and less obnoxious about her views than Audrey, but she still holds the same ones.

Spoiler

8941067A-BB3F-4716-8C61-0DFB9C4A93B9.thumb.png.95af3453ab877c827c655b0123940a44.pngBD695DD3-931B-4F01-81F7-FCAFF7A727DA.thumb.png.8dfe35a58bc8715a5c50a87c40d9dc45.png

For context, the New York law allows a pregnant woman and her health care provider to make the choice that is right for her when the fetus is not viable or her life/safety is in jeopardy, even after 24 weeks. It is meant to cover extreme situations that no one wants to be in, when every choice is difficult. It is not a free for all.

I don’t mean to turn this into a giant debate but much of what she is saying is just not correct. 

Edited by zygote373
Added spoiler box
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

On 1/25/2019 at 7:30 AM, Seculardaisy said:

Audrey shares her opinion: 

1089D6D7-291F-4637-AE5B-DFC6EF305E7B.thumb.png.0a648cd65982352e31db91e187d096d8.png

And in what can only be an epic clap back Jacob’s fiancé shares hers:

6A24B180-1DC9-4181-940C-CE66E6997285.thumb.png.4c4284249a538e8e7333401f8ee26275.png

9A51325C-C1D5-4ADD-ADED-93E9AE746696.thumb.png.01f22fe04e935c308cdcfe90cc4e8838.png

DFB07682-6E96-4449-B5D6-A3005BCC7C66.thumb.png.de980eb94e9d66b53c37d693a37f9675.png

Izzy for the fucking win!!!! I’m honestly getting way too much enjoyment out of this. Especially at Tori’s expense. Though I do appreciate this pretty perfect reminder for everyone that Tori is basically just the quieter brunette version of Audrey.

Speaking of Audrey, she and Jer were in Texas for business. Zach and Brunette Audrey watched Ember while they were gone: 

And Jeremy cut his hair. I guess he raised $15,000 for the clean water charity:

Spoiler

No snark from me for once. That appears to be a legit charity and was actually a genuinely nice thing to do.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Okay this is the third time I’ve seen Tori post a photo or video of Jackson playing at the edge of their driveway, practically on the street. Even if they live on a dead end this seems like a very strange thing to allow your one year old to do. She zooms out multiple times, there are clearly no nearby adults. There’s literally a driveway directly across the street. I don’t know it’s just strange. 

4460454B-8D1C-4B63-8B18-18C78411794E.png

EE7CF7AB-9352-45DD-93A8-92DFB64C5E72.png

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I'm the first to give them crap for anything, but I don't find this to be that big a deal? He's within easy eyesight and Tori could be there in a few seconds if the neighbor's garage door goes up.

I don't have kids so maybe I'm missing something.

I do remember that my parents taught us to stay out of the street and look first if we had to get a rogue toy or whatever, but our road was right off a busy one with a blind turn. Her street doesn't look busy at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 1

Maybe it’s different parenting styles. I don’t by any means consider myself a helicopter parent but even on my calm street my toddler doesn’t play at the end of our driveway/in the street. My parents raised us on a dead end and I don’t recall my siblings being allowed to play in the dead end until they were old enough to have awareness.

Cars can fly down a street in an instant and I don’t think we can really tell from a video how slow her street is. I would say no street is slow enough for a one year old to play in but that could just be me and my paranoia about things happening that are out of my control.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

My daughter is five months older than Jackson and I definitely wouldn’t be ok with her playing like this. She’s much too young to be aware of her surroundings and recognize danger at this age. 

I also noticed that Murphy isn’t on a leash. I don’t know what their leash laws are like* and maybe he’s really well trained, but that’s a concern for me as well. 

*In my town your dog has to be restrained everywhere except your own property, but even then you have to have control of your dog. So this would likely be fine by those standards. Still makes me a bit nervous though. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Audrey is one of the top enrollers in her MLM scheme. Such a shocker that a reality star would have the most enrollees.

244F8073-D2CF-42AA-942F-2BF16ADD048F.png

Edited by Seculardaisy

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, zygote373 said:

The beating50percent disease has spread to the Vuolos (presumably for a fee?)

And this right here is why they are my least favorite Duggar couple.

I noticed a while back that Auj had commented on a photo of Felicity matching one of her little stuffed toys. Their unholy alliance makes perfect sense to me because both couples strike me as being insufferably smug.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Audrey and Jeremy just released new rose colored Sherpa jackets and god they look amazing and I want one so badly ?? Why can’t they not be assholes so I could buy one 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

I just need to rant about this post for a min. So this comment good lord lady. In that 4 paragraphs of grandiose jesus speak you saw jeremy and audrey, who you follow and are obviously interested in, post about their new book. She thought she shouldnt buy book. She bought book anyway. She read the book. It had some points that were relevant to her life and she enjoyed the book. 

Why is it necessary to bring God into that? This isnt some herculean task requiring lots of planning and prayer. You read a book. Good for you. Is it so hard to just make a minor decision without bringing God into it?

• Upvote 6

The Holy Spirit made you open a... book. Seriously lady? This is ridiculous. Just say you opened it and read it for Pete's sake.

• Upvote 1

Twitter has informed me that Jinger and Jeremy have gone on Audrey and Jeremy's podcast. Well, this will be interesting.

I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to it yet, but I'll report back when I do.

EDIT: Just kidding, looks like @Markie has already taken one for the team over in the Jinger and Jeremy thread. Many thanks.

2 hours ago, Markie said:

I didn’t keep any notes, but here goes what I heard...

Jeremy V said he wanted a wife who loved and followed the word of God. He met Jinger through Ben and Jessa on a mission trip. Was attracted to her and prayed she would be to him as well. Went to JimBob and said he would like to get to know Jinger better and JimBob said, She is amazing, isn’t she? JB said he and Jer should get to know each other better first and they did. Jinger said she was attracted to Jeremy’s love of the Lord and told her mom she didn’t think he would be attracted to her. 

They chose the name Felicity because they wanted something unusual but easy to spell and they like the story of Perpetua and Felicity who converted to Christianity in Roman times. The Roloffs chose Ember because it’s different but familiar to Amber and it’s the centre of the flame or some sort of drivel. 

They talked a lot about having good communication skills and praying with each other and having individual devotions. Having date nights - Vuolos have theirs with Felicity as their family lives far away. Jer tries to ask Jinger what is on her heart each night before they go to sleep. 

Both couples struggled with having their weddings televised. Jeremy V worried he might become too big headed. Both kept some parts private and allowed the weddings to be televised as a ministry. 

Jeremy V doesn’t have internet on his phone. He photo drops pics onto Jingers and posts on Instagram from her phone. Jinger likes her Instant Pot Pressure cooker. Audrey was intrigued. 

Thats all I picked up. Was house cleaning at the same time.

Edited by zygote373
  • Upvote 3

Wouldn't you know it, Jeremy still appears on the show. Apparently on next week's episode, he will help Zach and Tori move. 

Speaking of Zach and Tori, I really liked the laid back anniversary in what was to be their new home. 

• Love 2

10 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Wouldn't you know it, Jeremy still appears on the show. Apparently on next week's episode, he will help Zach and Tori move. 

Speaking of Zach and Tori, I really liked the laid back anniversary in what was to be their new home. 

Meh. I don’t see an issue. It’s probably going to be like how Jill Dillard popped up on Counting On once or twice since they’ve left. I doubt she was paid because she didn’t speak on camera and was more in the background. I’d guess that’s the plan for Jeremy too. 

• Love 2

• 3 weeks later...

Someone posted this in upcoming babies, Tori is pregnant:

Any bets for how long until Auj announces?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Jesus fucking Christ! How many more fundies are going to announce they’re due the same months as me?! ?

• Haha 5
  • Love 1

I had a feeling Tori was expecting. She really slowed down her posting/insta stories recently. 

• Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic