IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 30 - On a Mission from GOD!

choralcrusader8613

55 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Spoiler Alert- This GM spoils like rotten- she also reprimands for inappropriate behavior, and places on Time Out, if needed!

Ima be that grandma too, but I'm sure I'll be like I was with my kids.  I'm have no threshold for bullshit or whining. I don't tolerate it in my kids, whom I love to death, so I REALLY won't tolerate it in people I can barely tolerate.  I'm not ashamed to admit this but when my now 17 year old was about 3 we were at WalMart in the boonies of my little state and the kids were acting up in the check out like.  I looked at them with my mom face and said "You know what..." that was all I got out and both kids said in a shockingly sarcastic tone "yeah yeah we know you're not afraid to beat us in public" and plopped down in the cart pouting with their arms fold in front of them. I got 3 older women in tears of laughter, and "good for you, not enough moms even TRY to keep their kids in line". 

Best, part, I never had to 'beat' my kids I just had to give them the look or a terse "knock it off" and they did. 

I will post script this with my idea of spanking my kids, is ONE swat on the bottom with my open hand. And I can count on 1 hand the # of times I had to spank either of them.  That was always the last resort for them and I never had to do it on either kid after age 2/3.  I'm not looking for a debate, I'm not looking to get mommy shamed by some sanctimonious "I only praise my kids" mom.  I did what I did and I'd do it again, it worked, I have the two most amazing wonderful well mannered, polite, respectful, caring, loving, compassionate young adults you will ever met.   

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SapphireSlytherin I posted something similar a few months ago in a different thread but Marjorie update - She goes to an accredited college, John Brown University, in Arkansas. It is a private liberal arts school that is interdenominational and conservative (students sign a covenant saying they will abstain from alcohol and tobacco use, gambling, extramarital sex...) but more mainstream. It's Cathedral of the Ozarks is where Jinger was married. According to the school newspaper, Marjorie is a graphic design major. She is pretty good at calligraphy and has published two devotional books for girls that have had at least moderate success. I don't know her but I'm proud of her working within her fundie lifestyle to achieve so much. SO MUCH BETTER than any opportunities she would have as a Duggar. 

All this being said, I think Marjorie can meet much better matches for her at JBU and if she gets back with Josiah I will eat my hat.

Tell me I'm not the only one who starts feeling slightly motion sick when looking at the homepage for JBU on full screen. 

https://www.jbu.edu/

Somehow, I don't think that inciting nausea in site visitors is how self-promotion/recruitment is supposed to work.

Ok I am capital I Intrigued by Josiah's sudden return to Instagram. His latest is just a random "lake day" post. What gives? Do we think tlc was like brah post more? But if that was the case why wouldn't other kids at home suddenly have 'grams too? Is it a courtship? Was he abducted and replaced by an alien appearing to be Josiah? I AM SO CURIOUS. 

Boomer grandma here. We spoil somewhat, like making a sandwich for the 13 year old, when he's perfectly capable of doing it himself, buying popcorn and soda at the movies, etc. We do make him mind, though and take a shower when he's with us. He's growing up so fast, that grandparents will soon be too boring for him.

I spoil all my grand kids rotten and I don't care. That's what Gramma's do. 

But, I do make them mind, use their manners, yada, yada, yada. And they do. So I spoil them. That's my job. :playful2:

I don't mind the grandparents spoiling so long as it's done evenly. Both my sets of inlaws, ex and current, absolutely adore the kids. My ex's parents treat my son the same as all the granddaughters who are biologically related, and Hubby's parents spoil my girls just as much as they do my son. There's no "favorites" and they try to spend evenly across the board. They all know our rules and for the most part thats respected.

19 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Ok I am capital I Intrigued by Josiah's sudden return to Instagram. His latest is just a random "lake day" post. What gives? Do we think tlc was like brah post more? But if that was the case why wouldn't other kids at home suddenly have 'grams too? Is it a courtship? Was he abducted and replaced by an alien appearing to be Josiah? I AM SO CURIOUS. 

Duggars are not allowed to have social media unless they're in a relationship, so I'm also curious.

LOL at the kid in the hat throwing up fake gang signs

(at least this is what my middle school students tell me...)

22 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

Josiah was at the lake with friends, including the Bates. http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/164682833469/josiah-was-tagged-in-this-pic-hes-the-one-in

I guess the Duggars are in Tennessee?

Shouldn't all those ALERT ACADEMY trained manly men be in Texas helping people instead of hanging out in East Tennessee?

52 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Shouldn't all those ALERT ACADEMY trained manly men be in Texas helping people instead of hanging out in East Tennessee?

Oh, I'm sure they've set up some kind of fundraising effort through their church(es).

hahahahahaha.....I crack myself up.

52 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Disclaimer: It's not at you. My reaction was to all those highly trained men that think they were actually taught anything.

Ummm I'm not sure if my sarcastic eye roll reaches that far but I just rolled my eyes so hard at the fact that anyone from Alert can actually do something. 

3 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Disclaimer: It's not at you. My reaction was to all those highly trained men that think they were actually taught anything.

Ummm I'm not sure if my sarcastic eye roll reaches that far but I just rolled my eyes so hard at the fact that anyone from Alert can actually do something. 

I could hear eyes rolling...

Next month I'm going to be flying into the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport and will have some time to kill before continuing to my final destination. Does anyone have suggestions for non-stalkery Duggar-themed sightseeing?

go to the place where they go get that chocolate birthday treat and the coffee shop that is associated with that childrens orphanage in CA, Taco's for life and of course any second hand or thrift shop within a 30 mile radius. 

That is pretty much the spectrum of the Duggars who live at home.

Oh, and don't forget to take as side trip to Silver Dollar City

33 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Next month I'm going to be flying into the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport and will have some time to kill before continuing to my final destination. Does anyone have suggestions for non-stalkery Duggar-themed sightseeing?

Whatever establishment is giving out free food, donuts, etc. that day. 

To circle back to the grandparent style of the Duggars...we've "seen" how Cathy interacts, adores, and spends time with Izzy so exactly the opposite of that for JB and M. 

On 8/24/2017 at 9:09 AM, SassyPants said:

The answer? Absentee, disinterested and disengaged. 

This! Regarding JB and Michelle, I envision them getting ready to be filmed for a video or for the show and they have cheat sheet cards with the gbabies names on them or even post-it notes on the backs of the kids so they can just read them and keep going. How can they be that great at grand parenting when they have been basically absentee parents almost from the beginning. 

Is that macaroni and cheese pizza on the left??

Also, pretty standard Duggar birthday greeting, again. They must have some pre-written phrases for each gender, then just substitute names and call it a day.

Yup that's mac-n-cheese pizza. Looks like the CiCi's across from the mall in Fayetteville. About 20 types of pizza on the buffet (yummy!) including cheeseburger pizza, taco pizza, stuffed crust, salad and pasta (yuck!) Typical Duggar outing, $5.95 all you can eat but its a big place depending on how many of the kids they took. I'd rather walk a few yards up in the shopping plaza and eat at Newks. Comparable price and the food is fantastic. A little more elevated palate than the Duggars are used to though. 

On 27/08/2017 at 3:21 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

Bates boy with dem defrauding shoulders and biceps.

That one with the darker coloring who appears to be wearing nothing but a life jacket on top... Oh my! 

Happy birthday Josiah - let's see how many times we can cram the word 'God' into a short paragraph!

Side note re: the woman behind him presumably taking a picture - that must get really old, especially for the more introverted kids.  Not that JB and M care how any of their children feel...

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived