IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M-Squad Pt 13: Awaiting M5

choralcrusader8613

OMG Caillou made my husband talk about poking his eyes out with a pencil! After just ONE episode too. He said it was deeply disturbing. The no plot thing drove me insane along with the narrators inflections & slow speech. And the episodes - Caillou takes a bus ride! We banned the show after about 3 episodes.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CorruptionInc. said:

They're apparently still around.

The Wiggles are still around! Though only one of the original ones (The Blue wiggle) is in the band. The others retired for various reasons. The original yellow wiggle retired due to illness and a new guy took over, who retired with the other two a few years ago.

The current yellow wiggle (a lady) and the red wiggle recently got married.

The Wiggles are still pretty big here in Australia. They're quite well respected for their contribution to children's music/entertainment.

My mum always likes to bring up that she went to see them before they were children's entertainers in a band called the Cockroaches. I think the actual Wiggles band formed when they met at University doing a childhood education degree (The University I attend!)

Oh my! I have been hearing about the video of Josh and Anna getting off the plane in Rockford. I finally saw it. Not only did Josh not help Anna at all, he never even turned around to see if she got off the plane OK.  And the way he acted when she hugged him (just ignoring her and drinking from his bottle).  

I just can't...

1 hour ago, Kangaroo said:

The Wiggles are still around! Though only one of the original ones (The Blue wiggle) is in the band. The others retired for various reasons. The original yellow wiggle retired due to illness and a new guy took over, who retired with the other two a few years ago.

Sorry to jump into the thread a little late, but OMG the Wiggles! Sons 1& 2 both watched the dvd's endlessly, I still can't look at a bowl of fruit salad without hearing that damn song in my head!  

Please, Dear Rufus, let Anna have M5 soon, so @Carm_88 doesn't have to keep up with the never ending name/date pool! (Thanks by the way to @Carm_88 for continuously updating the list, it's fun to see the guesses!) 

Here in Portugal Caillou is called "Ruca"... Remember when i was younger used to love it now my nephew likes to watch and I only think"Why did I like this little brat??" 

For the name of M5 I would say Mathias Robert born on sep. 1...

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I found Teletubbies quite frightening.

Same here. Just something about them...*shudder*

2 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Nothing or No one is as annoying as that little rat bastard, Caillou.

I've never seen that show, but based off of how much posters here have expressed their hatred for them I've found myself feeling the same way. I'm sure I'd hate him more if I was ever subjected to the show.

May Joshly be locked in a barren room, with only an uncomfortable chair to sit in, and Calliou playing endlessly on a solitary crappy television.

2 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

OMG Caillou made my husband talk about poking his eyes out with a pencil! After just ONE episode too. He said it was deeply disturbing. The no plot thing drove me insane along with the narrators inflections & slow speech. And the episodes - Caillou takes a bus ride! We banned the show after about 3 episodes.

I would watch this show sometimes when babysitting my niece or nephew. I commented to my sister that I hated that whiny little Caillou and she told me that the background is that Caillou is a child with cancer (hence the bald head) and it is because he is so sick that his parents tolerate his whining and that is why they do so little activities. I don't know if this is just an urban myth but now I always feel a bit bad about hating on Caillou. :my_cry:

2 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Oh my! I have been hearing about the video of Josh and Anna getting off the plane in Rockford. I finally saw it. Not only did Josh not help Anna at all, he never even turned around to see if she got off the plane OK.  And the way he acted when she hugged him (just ignoring her and drinking from his bottle).  

I just can't...

I'm generally not inclined to make excuses for Josh, but his family is prone to motion sickness and he may have been fighting nausea.  That might, AFAIC, explain why he didn't hug Anna back.  I see no excuse for him, or somebody, helping Anna off the plane.

@browngrl Lol that is an urban legend. Caillou does not have cancer. I looked it up once because it bugged me that he is bald even though everyone else, including his baby sister, has a full head of hair (It also annoys me that Daniel Tiger doesn't wear pants, but I digress). So feel free to hate on him without guilt!

(And in case anyone is curious, the reason he is bald is because the show is based off a book, and in the book Caillou is a baby. Even though they aged him up, they decided to keep him bald so the character would still be recognizable.)

Their is a character on Cbeebies in UK called Mr Tumble that irritates the life out of me, he does one show with kids with special needs which, I do appreciate but I can't help hating Mr Tumble. Luckily my nephew's and niece felt the same.

I also can't stand the little brat that is peppa pig and naughty Norman from Fireman Sam. 

I nearly downvoted the posters who trashed the Wiggles.  Many happy memories here of my daughter enjoying their concerts and videos (pre DVD days).  Thankyou @Kangaroo for defending them!  

And yes, they were formed as the result of a college (I don't think it was a uni at that time) assignment.  My friend was in the year below them doing the same course.  

Except maybe Barney. Barney was banned in our house.

The only good thing that came from Barney was the clean up song

2 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Their is a character on Cbeebies in UK called Mr Tumble that irritates the life out of me, he does one show with kids with special needs which, I do appreciate but I can't help hating Mr Tumble. Luckily my nephew's and niece felt the same.

I also can't stand the little brat that is peppa pig and naughty Norman from Fireman Sam. 

Mr Tumble creeps me out big time! If I encountered him in real life, I would be not so subtle ushering my kids away from him. 

9 hours ago, InTheNameofRufus said:

Sorry to jump into the thread a little late, but OMG the Wiggles! Sons 1& 2 both watched the dvd's endlessly, I still can't look at a bowl of fruit salad without hearing that damn song in my head! 

Yummy, yummy!  :my_biggrin:

I honestly don't know how it happened that Anna has been active on Instagram again and I didn't know? Must have slipped my attention completely that she started a new account. I was always checking her old account... 

ETA: I must have been sleepwalking , what I wrote is not correct. I accidentally thought her twitter page was a new instagram account... Nevermind and sorry for the confusion!

I watch the new version of To Tell the Truth. The guy who dressed up in the Barney suit was a contestant. He did the movements someone else did the voice. 

I proper love the Wiggles (much better than the bloody night garden)

Of course you can't beat the Clangers for good old fashioned sweary 1970's kids TV ;) 

10 minutes ago, FundamentallyShocked said:

Yummy, yummy!  :my_biggrin:

Oh, no. This is not going to be a good day for me.

My 18 year old discovered the Wiggles at the end of a Barney tape when she was 14 months old.   They "tossed in" Fruit Salad at the end.  I must have rewound the last three minutes of that tape hundreds of times. She'd just point to the remote and I knew what I was being told to do.  Then I had to buy all of their VHS tapes.  Heady times.

I'd have entire nights where I couldn't get some of those songs out of my head.  Fruit Salad and some song called "Do The Monkey" being the biggest culprits.

13 minutes ago, BemusedByFundamentalism said:

I honestly don't know how it happened that Anna has been active on Instagram again and I didn't know? Must have slipped my attention completely that she started a new account. I was always checking her old account... 

I didn't realize this. What is her new account?  I'm still following her old one!

1 minute ago, curlykate said:

I didn't realize this. What is her new account?  I'm still following her old one!

I'm sorry curlykate! I just editted my post! I made a mistake :-)

"Fruit Salad, yummy, yummy"  I'm headed down the nightmare earworm train of The Wiggles. However, I offer the Veggie Tales nightmare in return.

I am a survivor of Barney (live show anyone?), creepy Teletubbies,  and those damn Wiggles. Give me Thomas the train any day or books, nice quiet books.

Nowadays my preschool students love Pete the Cat. Look it up and you're welcome in advance for having that sneaker song taking up precious brain/memory space.

Spoiler

M Kid Number 5 Birth Pool

Names:

Andrew Matthew- lexiloumarie

Gabriel- Mela99

Gabriel Matthew- shock928 (wildcard)

James Alexander Malcolm Mackynzie- AuntCloud

James Robert “Little Jim Bob”- Mela99

Luke Seventeenfour- TuringMachine

Macavity- Palimpsest

Maccabee Joshua- Lurker

Machiah- aprilx(2)

Machias- Lizzybet

Machiavelli- onekidanddone

Macklin- justmy2cents

Macon- IReallyAmHopewell(4)

Madison Ashley-  Glasgowghril, twoanddone

Maddox- ihaveanexamintwodays, flycat

Maddox Joshua- snickerz

Magruder- Georgiana

Major Joshua- Nice Pair

Makepeace-Snarkangel Gabriel

Malachi- singsingsing, clueless, mango_fandango, bananabread, aprilx, IReallyAmHopewell(2), Dr. Fundie Stalker

Malachi Daniel- WiseGirl

Malachi Joshua- MayMay1123

Malachi Judah- GoddessOfVictory

Malachi Nathaniel- eveandadam

Malachi Robert- Dogalog

Malakai Joshua- Million Children for Jesus (1)

Malcolm- ihaveaneamintwodays, Gillyweed

Malcolm Garrett- Taylurker

Malcolm Joshua- SassyPants

Malcolm Reynolds- tabitha2 (You can’t take the sky from him! :D )

Manahethites- Knight of Ni

Manasseh Joshua- hollyandivy

Mannis- MadeItOut(1)

Manuel Christopher- freshlemonade

Mark- TeamDeFraudinSquad

Mark David- PainfullyAware

Mark Isaiah- tsukinokawa

Marmaduke JimBob- SapphireSlytherin

Marshall Joshua- Berty K

Martin- singsingsing (wildcard), VelociRapture(3), albanuadh_1(2)

Martin James- Markie, Melissa1977

Martin Luther the King- WhoompThereItIs

Martin Robert- Kelsey (2)

Marvin- Greendoor

Martyn- MadeItOut(2)

Martyn Luther- meee

Mason- Markie(3), ihaveanexamintwodays, singsingsing, VelociRapture (1), nickelodeon, MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou, IReallyAmHopewell(3)

Mason Alexander- Pinkdrink

Mason Daniel- Rachel333

Mason James- Berta McGee

Mason Joshua- pook, Jatalie1996 JDuggs          

Mason Robert- Kelsey, HRM1216 (2), mysteriablue

Mathias Joshua- wikinggirl, Ding Dong Duggar

Mathias Robert- Nefernandes15

Mathius Joshua- Indigo

Matthias- KelseyAnn

Matthias Daniel- tabitha2

Matthew- Markie(2), singsingsing, HarleyQuinn, albanuadh_1(1), JordynDarby5, Daisy0322, frugalitymom, AlwaysExcited, TeamDefraudinSquad(2), IReallyAmHopewell (1), JMO, ihaveanexamintwodays, GnomeCat

Matthew Aaron- Nashville92

Matthew Adam- Karam

Matthew Andrew- lexiloumarie

Matthew Asher- Chewing Gum

Matthew Caleb- Million Children For Jesus(1)

Matthew Christopher- VineHeart137

Matthew David- VixenToast, FrozenSmile

Matthew Dobson- Dandruff

Matthew Hosea- The Wanderer

Matthew Ian- Kjaerringa

Matthew Isaac- Escadora

Matthew Isaiah- SorenaJ, anaandrade, sadiZ

Matthew Jacob- Sydney Fox

Matthew James- sadiZ, VeryNikeSeamstress, ChunkyBarbie, Kaylo

Matthew John- NewSeasonOfLife

Matthew Joseph- RhythmicSkater

Matthew Joshua- JermajestyDuggar, anjulibai, Glasgowghirl, jerkit, viii, HRM1216. TuringMachine, Phoenix, kachuu, albireo, Chicken bones, JPickleDuggar, CarrotCake, justmurrayed, ThunderRolls, breakfree, Dugg@rTime, hollywood

Matthew Lazarus- gilora

Matthew Lee- RosyDaisy

Matthew Keller- purjolok84

Matthew Micah- ExposedKnees

Matthew Noah- Miggy

Matthew Paul- AlwaysExcited (1), JoyfulSel

Matthew Rene- purjolok84(1)

Matthew Robert- marmalade, VelociRapture, mango_fandango, adidas, season of life, AlwaysExcited(2)

Matthew Thomas- Fluffypaws

Matthew Zachary- Million Children For Jesus (3), Wenny

Maudlin Gene- sansan

Maurice Luke- Teacup

Maxon James- Chicken bones

Maverick- Honeysuckle

Max- onekidanddone

Max Joshua- snickerz

Maxwell Joshua- MotherOfDragons, Rowan, Cheetah

Maxwell Robert- Glasgowghirl  

Mea Culpa- CinnaJen

Megatron- MadeItOut(3)

Melchizedek- Audrey2

Melvin Issac- itqitc

Mepibostheth- Audrey2

Mephistopheles Rufus- uber frau

Meriwether Forgiven- prayawaythefundie

Merrick John- Quiver Full of Kittens

Meshach- KnittingOwl

Messiah Joshua- Jane M., mstee

Metatron- MadeItOut(3 actually but I’m leaving Megatron because it tickles my funny bone! :P )

Methuselah- Audrey2

Micah- KelseyAnn (2), candygirl200413

Micah Keller- Ms Lucy Fur

Micah Matthew- shock928

Micah Justice- SadieJane

Miles- singsingsing (wildcard), JoyJoy, Snarkle Motion

Miles Gabriel- Suz8710

Milo-  So-Virgin-It-Hurts

Mingus- TeddyBonkers

Mitchell- IREallyAmHopewell(5)

Mitchell Joshua- Kangaroo

Mitchell Robert- Gobsmacked

Mobert Mame- Pasta

Monroe Joshua- jegfile

Morgan Clement- habert

Morgan Freeman- dpndetfarm

Mortimer Chance- Hortense Peyrac

Mortimer Tobias- ChickenettiLuvr

Moses- Carm_88, VelociRapture (2), Georgiana

Moses James Robert- Lillybee

Moses John- BeccaGrim

Moses Joshua- pamplemousse

Moshe Joshua- OyToTheVey, Jaedzia,

Myles David- InTheNameOfRufus

Myles Joshua- TeaGrannie

Nathaniel Daniel- MissKnowItAll

Phoenix Robert- neurogirl

Robert- Bad Wolf

William Matthew- NeverBeenKissed

William Zachery- MissKnowItAll

Date:

July 19th- season of life

July 20th- AlwaysExcited

July 21st- Miggy

July 24th- NewSeasonOfLife

July 25th- eveandadam, hollyandivy

July 27th- Fluffypaws, jegfile

July 28th- Million Children For Jesus, CinnaJen

July 29th- Taylurker

July 30th- Quiver Full of Kittens, Chicken bones

July 31st- Vixen Toast, kachuu, Berta McGee

August 1st- The Wanderer, tabitha2, BeccaGrim

August 2nd- habert, adidas, Honeysuckle, ExposedKnees, SassyPants, flycat, sadiZ

August 3rd- Jatalie1996, MayMay112, OyToTheVey, GoddessOfVictory

August 4th- Kelsey, wikinggirl, ihaveanexamintwodays

August 5th- sadiZ, Hortense Peyrac, JoyJoy, meee

August 6th- JMO, SadieJane

Late Night August 5th/Early August 6th- VeryNikeSeamstress

Late Night August 6th/Early August 7th- MadeItOut

August 7th- Markie, freshlemonade, Daisy0322, WiseGirl, Jaedzia, Rowan

August 8th- JDuggs, Gobsmacked, viii, pook (2:11am), TuringMachine, candygirl200413, Sydney Fox, Ding Dong Duggar, Berty K, pamplemousse, Indigo, mstee

August 9th- aprilx, RosyDaisy, gilora

August 10th- anaandrade, Lurker, TeamDefraudinSquad, TeaGrannie, Pinkdrink, JPickleDuggar, Nashville92, hollywood

August 11th- JordynDarby5, Gillyweed, TeamDefraudinSquad, Jane M, Justmurrayed

August 12th- neurogirl, Kaylo, CarrotCake, Dugg@rTime, hollywood

August 13th- MissKnowItAll, Suz8710, praythefundieaway (at night during a mighty thunderstorm), VineHeart137, mysteriablue, JMO

August 14th- JermajestyDuggar, Lizzybet

August 15th- itqitc, So-Virgin-It-Hurts, albanuadh_1, SapphireSlytherin, Nice Pair

August 16th- HRM1216, Daisy0322, Palimpsest

August 17th- Bad Wolf

August 18th- dpndetfarm

August 19th- Rachel333, SorenaJ, ChunkyBarbie, uber frau, justmy2cents

August 20th- Phoenix

August 21st at 2am- KelseyAnn, Cheetah, Buzzard (2:20pm), snickerz

August 22nd- Carm_88

August 23rd- breakfree

August 24th- MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou

August 25th- InTheNameOfRufus

August 27th- tsukinokawa

August 28th- anjulibai, Snarkle Motion, candygirl200413, MadeItOut

August 29th- Mela99

September 1st- JoyfulSel, Nefernandes15

September 2nd- ThunderRolls, WhoompThereItIs(3:59pm)

September 3rd- Chewing Gum

September 5th- frugalitymom

September 6th- Escardora

September 8th- FrozenSmile

September 11th- Kjaerringa

September 13th- Kangaroo

September 16th- Karma

Weight

6lbs 8oz- WhoompThereItIs

7lbs 3oz- viii, Wenny

7lbs 5oz- JoyfulSel

7lbs 6oz- OyToTheVey, mysteriablue

7lbs 7oz- MissKnowItAll, Jaedzia

7lbs 8oz- MadeItOut, WiseGirl, candygirl200413

7lbs 9oz- jerkit, pook

7lbs 10oz- InTheNameOfRufus

7lbs 12oz- Quiver Full of Kittens, Berta McGee, Pinkdrink

7lbs 14oz- freshlemonade, SadieJane

7lbs 15oz- Lizzybet

8lbs- JermajestyDuggar, habert, anaandrade, So-Virgin-It-Hurts, albanuadh_1, AlwaysExcited, Jane M., ihaveanexamintwodays, Nice Pair

8lbs 1 oz- Rachel33, MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou, HRM1216, CinnaJen, JMO, meee

8lbs 2oz- adidas, Chewing Gum, flycat, hollywood

8lbs 3oz- Daisy0322, Jatalie1996, Gillyweed, Bad Wolf, Gobsmacked, MayMay1123, gilora

8 lbs 4oz- Sorenaj, The Wanderer, anjulibai, itqitc, VeryNikeSeamstress, RosyDaisy, Ding Dong Duggar, Kaylo, JPickleDuggar, Cheetah

8lbs 5oz- Carm_88, aprilx, hollyandivy, jegfile, SassyPants

8lbs 6oz- NewSeasonOfLife, Suz8710, Kangaroo, ThunderRolls, FrozenSmile, justmy2cents

8lbs 7oz- dpndetfarm, Sydney Fox, breakfree

8lbs 8oz- JDuggs, ExposedKnees, TuringMachine, Fluffypaws, pamplemousse, uber frau, Dugg@rTime

8lbs 9oz- Taylurker, TeamDefraudinSquad, GoddessofVictory

8lbs 10oz- Markie, Lurker, season of life, ChunkyBarbie, mstee

8lbs 11oz- Million Children For Jesus, Rowan

8lbs 12oz- Karma

8lbs 13oz- TeaGrannie                                           

9lbs 1oz- VixenToast, tabitha2, BeccaGrim

9lbs 2oz- PainfullyAware, snickerz

9lbs 6oz- Indigo

9lbs 9oz- sadiZ

8 pound range- KelseyAnn

9 pounds+ - Nashville92

Length

19 inches- MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou, gilora, Wenny

19.5 inches- sadiZ

20 inches- anaandrade, Jane M., ChunkyBarbie, ihaveanexamintwodays, Ding Dong Duggar, Pinkdrink, JPickleDuggar, BeccaGrim

20.5 inches- AlwaysExcited, HRM1216

21 inches- The Wanderer, Gobsmacked, Lurker, itqitc, viii, Taylurker, pook, Fluffypaws, Sydney Fox, SassyPants, Kaylo, SadieJane, ThunderRolls, mstee, mysteriablue, Nice Pair, JoyfulSel

21.5 inches- Million Children For Jesus, pamplemousse

22 inches- Daisy0322, Quiver Full of Kittens, VixenToast, Indigo, breakfree

23 inches- Nashville92

When They Will Announce

A week after he is born- Wenny

Within a Day- MadeItOut

A few days later- Nashville92, breakfree

Birth Location

Birth location: on the toilet, at JoKen's wedding

Josh's location: Sitting in the pew, using Meredith to hide his face from TLC cameras

And we are updated! :) 

As for children's shows, my personal favourites were Sesame Street, Mr. Dressup, and Fred Penner. Yep, I'm Canadian! :P My brother watched a shit load of Calliou and I agreed, he's the devil in disguise. My father apparently can't hear Jolly Old St. Nicholas anymore without wanting to cry because my brother watched Barney's Christmas so many times.  

I like most PBS Kids shows well enough. My daughter's favorites are Sesame Street, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, and Super Why. They have a new show called Splash and Bubbles that she also likes. I'm partial to Arthur myself, brings me back to my childhood! We don't do Disney Channel or Nickelodeon.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived