IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M-Squad Pt 13: Awaiting M5

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Do you mean Zoobilee Zoo? There's another one I hadn't though of, but I watched that one too, now that you reminded me.

Yup!!  I knew I spelled it wrong. Ben Vereen (mayor Ben) was in same rehab that my father was at in 1992. 

Mickey Mouse Club and Mousketeers (especially Annette Funicello, RIP), Spin and Marty and on Sunday evenings the entire family watched  The Ed Sullivan Show, Phil Silvers as Sgt. Bilko, Bonanza.  Yeah, I'm THAT old.  And later, Dick Clark Show and American Bandstand. 

Bonanza came on after school when I was in elementary grades.  Had such a crush on Adam.

The Electric Company with Tom Lehrer.  Quite groovy baby. Very hip. 

I was also listening to his grown up stuff when I was a kid.  Was I demented because I knew what he was talking about?  Should I blame my parents for exposing me (pun not intended) to such defrauding music?

We didn't have cable when I was growing up so all my kid shows were ones you could get on the regular channels. I lived for Saturday morning cartoons!  My favorites were always Garfield & Friends and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. After school I would occasionally watch Arthur, The Magic Schoolbus, and Wishbone.

47 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I loved Mr. Rogers (and had one of his albums!!!!) and Sesame Street (BEFORE Snuffleupagus even existed). But I could never stomach Electric Company. My absolute fave though, was ZOOM!

If it wasn't for you saying you liked Sesame Street before Snugglepagus existed I'd think we were the say age! I loved Mr. Rogers reruns as a kid. The remake of the Electric Company was to try hard, and my favorite was the remake of Zoom! PBS branching generations together.

59 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I loved Mr. Rogers (and had one of his albums!!!!) and Sesame Street (BEFORE Snuffleupagus even existed). But I could never stomach Electric Company. My absolute fave though, was ZOOM!

ZOOM!... Boston Mass..02134 ....Send it to ZOOM.  Loved that show with a passion. Some where in my many many piles of books I have a Zoom catalog from the 1970s.  

19 minutes ago, Jatalie1996 said:

Loving this kids shows discussion! I'll admit, I was a Caillou fan back in the day. I think I even remember when the show first started. My favorites, however, were the classic Playhouse Disney lineup. (Out of the Box, Bear in The Big Blue House, Rolie Polie Olie.)

I liked Caillou too! Mainly for the puppets though

I loved Gullah Gullah Island! 

Arthur, Doug, Rugrats and Hey Arnold!

I also watched M*A*S*H , Frasier and Jag

Thought M5 was here!

My favorites were Zoom, Zaboomafoo, Veggietales, Rugrats, Recess, and Richard Scarry's Busytown (which no one seems to have ever heard of). And my love for all of these was outshone only by my obsession with Arthur. And now a word from us kids! Also I will leave this here:

5 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Thought M5 was here!

My favorites were Zoom, Zaboomafoo, Veggietales, Rugrats, Recess, and Richard Scarry's Busytown (which no one seems to have ever heard of).

Busytown! I loved the Richard Scarry Busytown books and the Busy World show's adorable, with Lowly Worm and his apple car/helicopter and all! 

Ohh now Sat morning or after school for me? The original Transformers, Voltron, Thundercats, He-Man and She-Ra, original Strawberry Shortcake,  original Jem and the Holograms, original Rainbow Brite, Gummi Bears and staying up late to watch Fraggle Rock on HBO!

One of my kiddos other favorites, the Doodlebops. And LazyTown was seriously creepy. 

51 minutes ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

We didn't have cable when I was growing up

Lol at how a single sentence can make me feel old.  We didn't get a colour tv until  I was nearly in high school.  

12 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Thought M5 was here!

My favorites were Zoom, Zaboomafoo, Veggietales, Rugrats, Recess, and Richard Scarry's Busytown (which no one seems to have ever heard of). And my love for all of these was outshone only by my obsession with Arthur. And now a word from us kids! Also I will leave this here:

I forgot about Recess! I usually watch an episode on you tube a week. 

If we are going down the Tom Lehrer rabbithole, may I offer this: 

The Polka Dot Door was fun to watch when I was a kid.  It came on in the same morning block as Mr Dressup, Fred Penners Place, Sesame Street and the Friendly Giant.  Sad that the Friendly Giant isn't available in it's entirety for purchase/streaming.  The family weren't too Friendly with each other regarding the shows rights/royalties upon his passing.

I think I got my wanderlust from Teddy Ruxpin.  Likely learned how to get away with stuff from Inspector Gadget.  

6 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

The original Transformers, Voltron, Thundercats, He-Man and She-Ra, original Strawberry Shortcake,  original Jem and the Holograms, original Rainbow Brite, Gummi Bears and staying up late to watch Fraggle Rock on HBO!

Yes! This was my line-up, too! My absolute favorite gift for my fortieth birthday was the complete series of Jem on DVD. 

I usually missed the last five minutes of Voltron because I had to leave to walk to school. Every so often my mom would offer to drive me so I could watch to the end. She knew I had a crush on Keith, and quietly supported her daughter's infatuation with a cartoon character. My mom was the best. 

Does anyone else remember Breaker High? About the teenagers who went to high school on a cruise ship? lol.

My favourites as a really little kid were Mr. Dressup, The Friendly Giant, and Polka Dot Door. Then Kratts Creatures, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Goosebumps and Are You Afraid of the Dark, The Magic School Bus, Arthur, and Wishbone. Also loved Sailor Moon and Pokemon, later Digimon and Dragon Ball Z (my sister and I were obsesssssssed with Dragon Ball Z haha)!

Anyone have the ghastly experience of The Wonder Pets? 

"THIS IS SERIOUS!"

I hate them too. 

I'm a curmudgeon, aren't I? 

2 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Anyone have the ghastly experience of The Wonder Pets? 

"THIS IS SERIOUS!"

I hate them too. 

I'm a curmudgeon, aren't I? 

Wonderpets, wonderpets.. we're on our way..

To drive parents mad and la la la day..

Hubby brought up the horror of the Wonder Pets when he asked what thread drift we were talking about. The original Inspector Gadget was GREAT! And long long before there was Kidz Bop and Glee, came a show called Kids Incorporated. There a tape of theirs floating around in a box somewhere. Teddy Ruxpin is currently on the top shelf of a closet, covered up because at night he's creepy.

On 24/08/2017 at 7:39 AM, Escadora said:

Man, though, I would have loved to have seen him try to help her and her brush him off or bat his hands away, but then again I don't think we'll catch sight of Josh being in any way decent or helpful in any meaningful way ever again, no matter how hard the brand may try.

Me too. I would kind of enjoy seeing her be Melania to the Donald. She does it oh so well, all you sense from her towards him is total disdain.... totes understandable!

Damn you FJ! I saw the hot post icon and thought M5 was here!

instead I see a post about Zoobilie Zoo???? I had forgotten about that show and now I'm googling it and wondering why I didn't have more nightmares as a child.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived