IGNORED

Alex Jones

47of74

Alex Jones had an encounter with some coffee.  Or should I say covfefe?

Alex Jones—the infamous conspiracy theorist/snake-oil peddler who runs Infowars—visited the largely liberal city of Seattle Friday. And when he decided to Periscope a rant about the media’s coverage of the deadly terror attack in Barcelona live from Seattle’s streets, he was predictably greeted with passersby who were less than pleased. To wit: About four minutes after the stream began, Jones was soaked in coffee and out of breath from chasing down pedestrians.

That guy should've used water instead.

• Upvote 8

I'm still gobsmacked that I live in the same city as this moron.  I live in the north end and he lives way south, though, so unlikely we'll run into each other at Target, or anything. 

ETA: Aggressively confronting and insulting strangers on the streets of large cities is unwise, IMHO.  

I'm struggling to think of a word to describe him, but I've finally settled on unhinged. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

11 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Alex Jones is an ignorant jackass.

Oh, c'mon, @Cartmann99, don't insult ignorant jackasses by comparing them to Alex Jones.

• Upvote 8

People are responding to this like liberal are supposed to just take whatever shit gets thrown at them and not respond o.O

I doubt I would throw coffee on someone (unless they grabbed me and wouldn't let go... or, say, paid me to do so) but yeah... this whole assumption of "liberals claim to be so tolerant and caring etc. they should never react in an unkind manner, hyprocrites!!!" is getting old.

• Upvote 8

The coffee hurler has been identified as yet another "performance artist," so the whole event may have been staged, or not.  Covfefe.

:mornincoffee:

• Upvote 7

People are responding to this like liberal are supposed to just take whatever shit gets thrown at them and not respond o.O
I doubt I would throw coffee on someone (unless they grabbed me and wouldn't let go... or, say, paid me to do so) but yeah... this whole assumption of "liberals claim to be so tolerant and caring etc. they should never react in an unkind manner, hyprocrites!!!" is getting old.

I don't claim to be either anymore. The Reich wing blowholes can kiss my ass if they don't like my attitude.
  • Upvote 3

Alex Jones is certifiable.  PolitiFact Texas rated him Pants on Fire!  today for claiming that the Southern Poverty Law Center hired actors to portray white supremacists to stage civil unrest to make conservatives and Donald Trump look bad.  According to Alex Jones, if you read the emails between the Democratic Party and George Soros, *spews nonsense * more unintelligible blather * Hillary * something * insane ranting*.

I think PolitiFact needs a rating besides "Pants on Fire" to indicate idiocy and lunacy, rather that just ordinary blatant lying.  Besides, ordinary  blatant lying has pretty much lost its luster with the Trump administration.

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, Howl said:

According to Alex Jones, if you read the emails between the Democratic Party and George Soros, *spews nonsense * more unintelligible blather * Hillary * something * insane ranting

If George Soros was paying as many people as the conservatives are claiming, he'd be flat broke by now. 

• Upvote 8

• 1 month later...

Alex Jones had quite the ragegasm the other day 

Alex Jones’ latest installment of his ‘InfoWars’ conspiracy and commentary, the host seemed to have been possessed with rage over a “mostly false” story about a drag queen in a demon outfit reading to children. 

The fusillade of Jones outrage accused liberals of attempting to sexualize children with volunteers reading books at public libraries, according to Right Wing Watch. Jones became so unhinged he accused drag queens of being pedophiles who “have their way with children” in “space alien” and “demon goblin” outfits, referring to the costumes drag queens wear. He also included something about baby giraffes.

He then stood and picked up his chair, presumably throwing it into his camera operators and staff, however, the video quickly cuts to his logo. 

Jones lost primary custody of his children in a very public court battle in which his online persona was used as an example that he was unfit to be a parent.

Here's the video of him going off the rails and into the next county.

• WTF 6

Now I am worried about a right-wing nut showing up at a library with the intention to fight drag queens trying to have their way with children.

Edited by Ali
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, Ali said:

Now I am worried about a right-wing nut showing up at a library with the intention to fight drag queens trying to have their way with children.

Yeah.  The reich wing mail harasser where I live had gone off on a whole extended screed against the city's library because they basically were allowing individuals not of the same race/religion/etc as him to come in and spend time at the library.  He was complaining that it kept "readers and thinkers" like him away. 

Oh, and thank you @Howl

• Upvote 5

51 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah.  The reich wing mail harasser where I live had gone off on a whole extended screed against the city's library because they basically were allowing individuals not of the same race/religion/etc as him to come in and spend time at the library.  He was complaining that it kept "readers and thinkers" like him away. 

Oh, and thank you @Howl

Wow, you have worse letter-writers than I do. And mine are pretty bad. Right now they're still stuck in their NFL loop.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Oh, and thank you @Howl

Lots of people in my area are anti library because they think it is only being used by poor people who cannot affordable the internet and it is going to be obsolete within 10 years. Obviously none of these people have been in the local library...at least not since they were children.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4

3 hours ago, Ali said:

Lots of people in my area are anti library because they think it is only being used by poor people who cannot affordable the internet and it is going to be obsolete within 10 years. Obviously none of these people have been in the local library...at least not since they were children.

Of course not. Those would be the same folks who brag about being able to count on one hand the number of books they've read in their life and they still have fingers left over. I'm so thankful I now live in a county with an outstanding library system. I heavily use two libraries. They both have outstanding staff and wonderful programs. Of course, to use a library, you have to turn off FOX news and leave your house.

• Upvote 10

11 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Those would be the same folks who brag about being able to count on one hand the number of books they've read in their life and they still have fingers left over.

Please tell me you are making this up.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ali said:

They sound like people who didn't see a Library when they were kids as well. And this also begs to ask....'only used by poor people who don't have internet'  How is that a bad thing? I for one am proud to live where I do.  Granted taxes are high, but we have a great library system. If kids who don't have a computer at home use one at the library that is fantastic.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Ali said:

Please tell me you are making this up.

I'd love to be joking about this, unfortunately, I've heard them with my own ears. I really hope they were joking, or even are talking about books they've read that they didn't have to. Two of them are my Sweetie's siblings. He, though, is a strong supporter of libraries and does some reading.

• Upvote 5

• 1 month later...

rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

Since Reich wingers have shit for brains why would anyone want to eat their brains?
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

:laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl:

Aww come on. Saute a pan full in some butter and garlic, splash of balsamic. Mighty tasty 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Got some true irony for ya.

I work at a tiny branch library in one of those right-wing enclaves, although we have a mix of folks and our whole community is under a thousand people, so people are pretty good about interacting as neighbors instead of by their political labels.

One older man who does not have internet at home comes in fairly regularly to use the computer.  The irony is:  the only thing he ever looks at on the computer is infowars!

Ack, just realized that's not ironic at all, it's just sad...

We have really obsolete computers and he experiences screen freezes often.  Sometimes I can fix it, other times I have to reboot.  I haven't yet told him that part of the problem is the lack of security on his website of choice...

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Since Reich wingers have shit for brains why would anyone want to eat their brains?

Now you've got me thinking of having the shit eaters from Stephen King's Dreamcatcher as a clean-up crew.

image.png.4485cd01258834c8714f3e0de4665816.png

I think they'd love to feast on shitty Reich Winger brains.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic