IGNORED

Hope Hicks -- AKA Melanka (Melania+Ivanka)

GreyhoundFan

Was Hicks one of those people who had their security clearance denied recently?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Ummm...Errrr...Who is this Maggie person? She sounds like TT's ghost writer 

IMO, Maggie Haberman is nothing more than a stenographer for the tRump administration and has been for quite a while. It's likely here that she's just repeating what the tRump WH told her about this. As long as she can  have access to them for "inside scoops," she'll say & print anything.

Then again, she's only one of many reasons why the NYT has sunk to abysmal levels in recent years. The WaPo does a much  better job.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Ummm...Errrr...Who is this Maggie person? She sounds like TT's ghost writer 

If Hope had been planning her departure for months, why was she crying yesterday as she left?

• I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, JMarie said:

If Hope had been planning her departure for months, why was she crying yesterday as she left?

Because Orange Daddy said he liked Ivanka better?

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, JMarie said:

Probably because her erstwhile boss, tRump, reportedly raked her over the coals for her testimony about the "white lies."

After word spread that outgoing White House communications director Hope Hicks admitted Tuesday to a congressional investigative committee that she told “white lies” on behalf of President Donald Trump, he reportedly “berated” her, according to CNN.

Erin Burnett reports that a source told her Trump “berated Hicks after her testimony to Congress yesterday.”

“According to the source, Trump asked Hicks after the testimony how could she be so stupid, and apparently that was the final straw for Hope Hicks,” said the journalist, who anchors Erin Burnett OutFront.

ETA: No sympathy from me for Hope Hicks. She's 29 years old. She absolutely knew what she was doing but, like many others, thought she wouldn't get caught.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Maggie Haberman gets my blood pressure up, thank you for the great summary @hoipolloi

Also she apparently had a diary!

Publishers already contacting Hicks about book deal: report

Book publishers have already begun contacting White House communications director Hope Hicks to obtain the rights to her memoir upon her exit from the Trump administration, the British tabloid Daily Mailreported Thursday.

The 29-year-old longtime Trump aide could be expected to make up to $10 million from an advance to a book deal, and is actively being contacted by movie and TV producers as well, the Mail reported.

"Next to Ivanka and Melania, Hope is the woman closest to the president," one publishing executive told the Mail. "[She] knows all the secrets, all the foibles, all the quirks."

One White House insider also told the website that Hicks reportedly kept a "detailed diary" detailing her interactions and time in the White House, a resource that could be a major asset for any memoir she plans to write.

"[But] she is certainly under some sort of nondisclosure agreement," that source told the Mail.

One literary agent who has represented Pulitzer prize-winning journalists told the Mail that many in the entertainment and media industries see Hicks's story as a political blockbuster, citing Michael Wolff's "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House" as an example.

Wolff's book, which has been criticized as inaccurate in parts, nevertheless was widely popular on its release in January with sales of the book topping 1.7 million.

"Michael Wolff with his unauthorized tell-all has sold something like 900,000 books, and it's made him a millionaire, even though there's been questions about some of his reporting," the agent said.

"Believe me when I say that the publishing world and Hollywood are in a state of excitement over getting her to agree and sign on the dotted line. I'd kill to have her as my client."

Hicks announced her resignation Wednesday, with White House aides saying she would leave the Trump administration within the next few weeks.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

Also she apparently had a diary!

NDAs are one thing but the diary may also be subject to federal laws on official records & security information, not to mention Mueller's investigation.

She'd better not start counting the $$$ yet!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

I'll buy that she may have started to wonder if she really wants to be there after she found out she was going to have to talk to Mueller.

Then her boyfriend got fired and she got some heat about dating him.

The testimony didn't quite go the way she wanted and then Daddy Donald yelled at her. That's never really happened before. She was probably worried that he was going to fire her so she quit.

She may have to talk to Mueller again unless she told him that she lies for Trump the first time she talked to him.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

she was going to have to talk to Mueller

But she has already testified to Mueller back in December, for two days.

(this links to a video) http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/trumps-closest-advisers-met-special-counsel-robert-mueller-51681728

*fraurosena puts on her tinfoil hat and whispers conspiratorially*

Maybe she made a deal with Mueller in December. Maybe she has been wearing a wire to work since then, and now has enough evidence on tape for Mueller so she can finally quit and get the hell out of Dodge before all hell breaks loose.

*takes tinfoil hat off* 

• Upvote 14

26 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

*takes tinfoil hat off* 

Save that foil. Trump just started a trade war, and the price of foil  is probably going to jump.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16

Maggie Haberman was just on Jake Tapper saying that if Rob Porter were still in the WH, this crazy trade/tariff talk would not have been allowed to happen.   Critically important positions in the WH are vacant and not even close to being filled.  It's going to be a wild damn ride.  To say this is a WH in total chaos with desperately low morale is an understatement. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

SNL's Weekend Update featured "Hope Hicks". Cecily Strong did a great job:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Is she saying this because she doesn't want Mueller to get his hands on certain emails with damning contents?

Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say

A day before she resigned as White House communications director, Hope Hicks told the House Intelligence Committee last week that one of her email accounts was hacked, according to people who were present for her testimony in the panel's Russia probe.

Under relatively routine questioning from Rep. Jim Himes, D-Conn., about her correspondence, Hicks indicated that she could no longer access two accounts: one she used as a member of President Donald Trump's campaign team and the other a personal account, according to four people who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the closed meeting of the Intelligence Committee was supposed to remain private.

Hicks, who portrayed herself as not savvy in matters of technology, told lawmakers that one of the accounts was hacked, according to two sources who were in the room. It is unclear if Hicks was referring to the campaign or the personal account.

Her assertion of a hack raises the questions of who might have compromised her account, as well as when, why and what information could have been obtained. But there was no indication from any of the sources that those questions were pursued by the committee, which had limited leverage over Hicks because she was appearing voluntarily and was not under a subpoena for her testimony or records.

It is standard practice for lawmakers to ask witnesses about phone numbers and email accounts. But it is uncommon, according to people familiar with the committee process, for a witness to tell lawmakers that he or she no longer has access to past accounts.

Hicks' correspondence — and that of others who worked on the Trump campaign — has been a subject of interest for special counsel Robert Mueller, who is running the investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, as well as possible obstruction of justice by Trump associates. Mueller recently sent a subpoena to former Trump aide Sam Nunberg ordering Nunberg to turn over documents relating in any way to 10 current and former Trump associates, including Hicks.

Hicks is a key player in the Trump orbit, being one of his earliest campaign aides and until last week a senior White House official who sat just outside the Oval Office.

Corey Lewandowski, a former Trump campaign manager, is scheduled to appear before the committee on Thursday. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Hicks, who portrayed herself as not savvy in matters of technology,

WHAT?!? Seriously, girl, you were the fucking COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR for the fucking President. We're told you graduated from college. You had a job in PR. In the 21st century! Uh-uh, that's not gonna fly, bitch.

Goin' with the Shaggy defense, eh?  :teasing-smokingcrack:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Haven't read this yet

Reading now and itʻs excellent.

She did an earlier profile in 2016, and in re-reading that one itʻs amazing how many of the so-called insiders are now facing charges in Muellerʻs investigation.

• Upvote 4

• 1 year later...

Guess who's back? "Hope Hicks, former top aide to Trump, to return to the White House as reelection campaign heats up"

Spoiler

One of President Trump’s longest-serving aides and closest confidantes is returning to the White House after leaving in 2018.

Hope Hicks, the president’s former communications director who served an outsize role in the White House and spent many hours a day in the Oval Office, will rejoin the administration, officials said Thursday.

She will work for Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and political adviser, the White House said, on political affairs and other “strategic” matters. She will not be part of the White House communications shop.

“There is no one more devoted to implementing President Trump’s agenda than Hope Hicks. We are excited to have her back on the team,” Kushner said.

Hicks left the White House to become a senior executive at New Fox in California and had embraced a different life, people close to her said. She wrestled with the whether to return to Washington for weeks, trying to decide if she wanted to leave a lucrative salary and a quieter life to return to the fray, according to people who discussed the matter with her and spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the private conversations. She was repeatedly courted by Kushner and the president who argued to Hicks that they needed her for the reelection, a person with knowledge of the discussions said.

Also returning to the White House is Trump’s former personal assistant John McEntee, who will serve as head of presidential personnel, according to a senior administration official.

McEntee lost his White House job in March 2018 because an investigation found he was a frequent gambler whose habit posed a security risk, two people familiar with his departure said at the time.

A background investigation found that McEntee bet tens of thousands of dollars at a time, making him unsuitable for a sensitive position close to the president, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. There was no indication his gambling was illegal, but there was concern that he could be vulnerable to outside influence, the person said.

McEntee will replace Sean Doocey, who some aides, including deputy chief of staff Emma Doyle, tried to keep from losing his job. But Trump is infuriated over what he believes are so many people around him who are not loyal, and that some 2016 campaign aides have not been able to get jobs, that he replaced Doocey with McEntee, according to two administration officials.

Both McEntee and Hicks were early members of the Trump campaign team in 2015.

Hicks began working for Trump before he announced his candidacy and had been a trusted confidante for three years, shaping his image and counseling him on nearly all matters, from the substantive to the trivial. The president would regularly yell for Hicks to come into the Oval Office.

Hicks exerted extraordinary influence in Washington and the president treated her almost as a surrogate daughter even as other aides said she knew little about policy.

But she left the administration in 2018 after she drew scrutiny from an investigation by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, and her personal relationship with Rob Porter, who left his job as White House staff secretary after the Daily Mail reported that his former wives accused him of abuse.

Hicks had admitted to a House committee that she told “white lies” on the president’s behalf, and that she was involved in crafting a misleading statement on Air Force One about a meeting between Trump family members and Russians in Trump Tower.

Hicks will return to a much different White House than the one she left — one where only a few campaign aides remain, including Dan Scavino, the president’s social media manager and senior adviser, and Kellyanne Conway, who serves as counselor to the president.

• WTF 4

• 7 months later...

Guess who has Covid and who has been in close proximity to Twitler without a mask:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

11 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Guess who has Covid and who has been in close proximity to Twitler without a mask:

She still works for him? I thought she quit thinking it would save her shriveled soul.

I hope being a Fembot* for Trump is worth a potentially fatal illness. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

She still works for him? I thought she quit thinking it would save her shriveled soul.

I hope being a Fembot* for Trump is worth a potentially fatal illness. 

She left and came back.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

She left and came back.

I suppose she just felt compelled to iron his pants again 

Disclaimer: The ‘Hope’ on my avatar is the Rhode Island state flag and not for HopeVanka 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics/hope-hicks-positive-coronavirus/index.html
Well, well, well...interesting development & I see FJ is on it. Now the Cheeto in charge says Hope wears a mask all the time (despite photos of her w/out one w/ him.) Wouldn’t it be ironic if her obese 74 year old boss caught that ‘harmless’ disease that will magically disappear soon from her? But this isn’t the first time someone he works w/ has tested positive, guess I’ll keep a close eye on the headlines for the next 2 weeks. I suspect everyone around the Cheeto is tested very often, so if someone is positive they’re removed & that reduces his exposure. Too bad the rest of us can’t have similar access to testing so we can protect those around us too.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, sndral said:

Wouldn’t it be ironic if her obese 74 year old boss caught that ‘harmless’ disease that will magically disappear soon from her? 

Trump and Melania have tested positive for COVID-19 per his Twitter and news outlets.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Trump and Melania have tested positive for COVID-19 per his Twitter and news outlets.

Just got a text about it - my first reaction was that he’s such a liar how can we be sure, but his doctor, a navy commander issued a statement, so it must be true.

• Upvote 4