IGNORED

Hope Hicks -- AKA Melanka (Melania+Ivanka)

GreyhoundFan

Since Hope Hicks is going to be the "interim" communications director and will undoubtedly be making more public appearances, I thought I'd start a thread. Here's what the WaPo had to say: "Hope Hicks takes interim White House communications role amid search for Scaramucci replacement" In the article, the picture really makes her look like a cross between Melania and Ivanka (Melanka).

Spoiler

Hope Hicks, President Trump’s trusted confidante and adviser, is taking on expanded communications responsibilities while the White House searches for a new communications director to replace Anthony Scaramucci, who was fired from the job after just 10 days, according to a White House official.

Hicks will work with White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders in an interim capacity to fill the role of the communications director while the White House works to find a permanent replacement — a search with which Hicks will assist.

Hicks, 28, currently serves as Trump’s director of strategic communications, and is one of the president’s most loyal and trusted aides. She started as Trump’s press secretary during the 2015 campaign and sits right outside the Oval Office. She also has close ties to the president’s daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, a senior White House adviser.

A White House official said Hicks will serve as “interim White House communications director" and an announcement on a permanent replacement will be made at an "appropriate time.”

The move comes amid a new round of tumult — and possible shake-ups — at the White House. In a freewheeling news conference Tuesday, Trump seemed to offer a moral equivalency between white supremacists and neo-Nazis who were responsible for violence in Charlottesville over the weekend that left one dead and scores injured and the counterprotesters. John Kelly, the new White House chief of staff who was brought in recently to impose order in the White House, watched, grim faced and arms folded, as the news conference unfolded.

In many ways, Hick's elevated role is just a continuation of a job she has already largely been doing behind the scenes. During the transition, Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, advocated for Hicks to get the press secretary job, though at the time both Trump and Hicks herself thought she wasn’t ready, according to someone with knowledge of the discussions. Hicks has previously been mentioned for the role of communications director, and has long unofficially served in that role for the president himself.

Hicks and the White House did not respond to requests for comment.

• Upvote 7

http://www.salon.com/2017/05/30/in-bizarre-statement-hope-hicks-says-trump-has-magnetic-personality-and-treats-everyone-with-respect/

“President Drumpf has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him,” the statement said. “He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor . . . and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.”

Takes "Dear Leader" to a whole new level.

• Upvote 10

18 minutes ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

“President Drumpf has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him,”

You know Hope, syphilis is an infectious.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

Yea, she's got her own thread! Let's play with her.

I call her Dark Ivanka not because of her looks, although she's dark, and strangely menacing to me. I think he sees her as the perfect version of Ivanka. Of course his golden Ivanka is the love of his life. She literally looks like gold! But, she has a few flaws. On some occasions she cock-blocks(thanks, Moochie!) him. She gently chides him when he spews hateful, ignorant, racist views. And she has these annoying agendas. Oh, he still loves her, but she can be inconvenient at times.

But not the Hopester. She is his most ardent fan. Never a disapproving look or comment. Always by his side, she literally has no life of her own anymore. And Ivanka sometimes leaves him. She has those small children. Rumor has it that Hopester is the conduit of inflammatory information, the twitter enabler. Perhaps she hides the phone in her...chest? Then no one can confiscate it. Of course that would infer that she lives under his bed, but hey, would you really be shocked?

Some think she lives in his bed but, I don't know. I think she's more the perfect daughter. One golden girl on right shoulder, one dark angel on the other.

• Upvote 7

On 8/17/2017 at 9:57 AM, GrumpyGran said:

Yea, she's got her own thread! Let's play with her.

I call her Dark Ivanka not because of her looks, although she's dark, and strangely menacing to me. I think he sees her as the perfect version of Ivanka. Of course his golden Ivanka is the love of his life. She literally looks like gold! But, she has a few flaws. On some occasions she cock-blocks(thanks, Moochie!) him. She gently chides him when he spews hateful, ignorant, racist views. And she has these annoying agendas. Oh, he still loves her, but she can be inconvenient at times.

But not the Hopester. She is his most ardent fan. Never a disapproving look or comment. Always by his side, she literally has no life of her own anymore. And Ivanka sometimes leaves him. She has those small children. Rumor has it that Hopester is the conduit of inflammatory information, the twitter enabler. Perhaps she hides the phone in her...chest? Then no one can confiscate it. Of course that would infer that she lives under his bed, but hey, would you really be shocked?

Some think she lives in his bed but, I don't know. I think she's more the perfect daughter. One golden girl on right shoulder, one dark angel on the other.

She's basically the Bellatrix to Ivanka's Narcissa. 

• Upvote 10

Wife #3 clearly did not learn from wife #2, who did not learn from wife #1. Well #4, at least learn one thing from the preceding place markers.....get pregnant quickly cause after #1, the fortune only goes with the babies. But hey, at his age and with his pattern, you might actually not outlive your shelf life like all the others.

• Upvote 6

“President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him.  He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor . . . and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.”

This, my dear FJ friends, is a tongue bath. 

And let me paraphrase: "He has an amazing ability to make me feel special, and aspire to be even more than I thought possible."   Otherwise known as grooming...

ETA: And let me summarize: Dear Leader is God-like in his perfection. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 12

On 8/20/2017 at 8:49 AM, Howl said:

And let me paraphrase: "He has an amazing ability to make me feel special, and aspire to be even more than I thought possible."   Otherwise known as grooming...

Yes!  I knew it was creepy and very sycophantic but I couldn't quite place the right word. Grooming, that says it all. He is a sexual predator after all. Plucking her from a rundown walk up in lower NYC to a Trump property all rent free. Giving her a high level job with no prior experience.  Quite sick.  

• Upvote 9

• 3 weeks later...

It seems Melanka will be with us for a while: "Hope Hicks to be named White House communications director"

Spoiler

Hope Hicks, a longtime member of President Donald Trump’s communications team, will assume the role of White House communications director on a permanent basis, a senior administration official confirmed Tuesday morning.

Hicks had taken on the role of communications director on an interim basis since last month, when she filled the job following the short-lived tenure of Anthony Scaramucci. That the “interim” tag had been removed from Hicks’s title was first reported by Bloomberg.

The 28-year-old Hicks was among the first members of Trump’s presidential campaign, joining it after working for the Trump Organization. She is the third White House communications director of Trump’s presidency, following Scaramucci, who held the job for less than two weeks, and Mike Dubke, who resigned last May.

Hicks was initially hesitant to accept the position when it was offered to her last month, and it was at her insistence that the “interim” title was initially added to her title, according to a source cited in an earlier POLITICO story. But despite the ostensibly temporary nature of her initial appointment, no active search for another communications director had been conducted as of late August.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, sawasdee said:

Oh well - yet another unqualified place holder :my_dodgy:

Guess Kelly lost that one. I can't see SHS being happy about this little fluffer being her boss. I predict that SHS is going to resign before Thanksgiving.

• Upvote 6

Or she'll be ousted just after she's been interrogated by Mueller et al.

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Or she'll be ousted just after she's been interrogated by Mueller et al.

IDK. My impression is that she is more important to Dumpy than Melania. But it makes sense that Hopey is now officially the Communication Director Deflector. He's trying to bribe her to lie to Mueller. I don't think he has to bribe her, though. She seems to be all in up to her neck.

How does a 26 year old who has done nothing but work in PR firms get chosen to be the press secretary for a presidential candidate? Absolutely no experience in politics. None. While I don't like SHS, she has worked for several politicians and is seven years older than Hopey. And now Hopey is her boss. I have some thoughts in my head but perhaps best not to openly speculate. But it's not what you think.  

• Upvote 6

29 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

IDK. My impression is that she is more important to Dumpy than Melania. But it makes sense that Hopey is now officially the Communication Director Deflector. He's trying to bribe her to lie to Mueller. I don't think he has to bribe her, though. She seems to be all in up to her neck.

How does a 26 year old who has done nothing but work in PR firms get chosen to be the press secretary for a presidential candidate? Absolutely no experience in politics. None. While I don't like SHS, she has worked for several politicians and is seven years older than Hopey. And now Hopey is her boss. I have some thoughts in my head but perhaps best not to openly speculate. But it's not what you think.  

She's only important to the presidunce as long as he deems her an asset. As soon as he percieves her to be a liability, she'll be out faster than than he can say "You're fired." 

Remember, from his standpoint, loyalty is a one-way street going his way. He will gleefully recieve it, but will never give any back. 

• Upvote 5

35 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

She's only important to the presidunce as long as he deems her an asset. As soon as he percieves her to be a liability, she'll be out faster than than he can say "You're fired." 

Remember, from his standpoint, loyalty is a one-way street going his way. He will gleefully recieve it, but will never give any back. 

So true. I just wonder if he's the only one she's very attached to.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

So true. I just wonder if he's the only one she's very attached to.

I think she's quite attached to (the thought of) his money. Those greenbacks are quite attractive, don't you know?

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I think she's quite attached to (the thought of) his money. Those greenbacks are quite attractive, don't you know?

And she could be sitting on a very interesting video. :shhh:

• Upvote 3

• 4 months later...

Uh-oh... is Hope the next one to be ousted?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Well, there goes her so-called very private life. Soon we'll be on page two of her thread, poor thing. My new name for her: Hopeless.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Uh-oh... is Hope the next one to be ousted?

Yeah Herr Orange has thrown so many people under the bus that it needs new shocks and struts.
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah Herr Orange has thrown so many people under the bus that it needs new shocks and struts.

Do they make buses with four wheel drive? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

"House intel Republican: Hicks won't answer questions about time at White House"

Spoiler

(CNN)White House communications director Hope Hicks does not plan to answer some questions about her time in the Trump administration while she appears Tuesday behind closed doors before the House Intelligence Committee, according to a Republican on the panel.

"There are some questions that she's not going to answer. I think anything dealing with the administration, from the time of the inauguration," GOP Rep. Chris Stewart of Utah told reporters.

Members of the panel are asking Hicks to answer their questions as part of their investigation into Russian meddling into the US election. Lawmakers are watching to see how forthcoming Hicks is after former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon declined to answer questions when he was interviewed by the committee earlier this month. Bannon said he had been instructed by the White House to invoke executive privilege on behalf of President Donald Trump, and he would not answer questions beyond the timeframe of the 2016 campaign.

Asked if Hicks was also invoking privilege for the transition, Stewart said those questions have not been asked. "We haven't gotten there yet," he said.

"We've still got a ways to go," he added.

Rep. Mike Conaway of Texas, who is among the GOP members leading the investigation, told CNN ahead of the meeting that he expects Hicks to answer all questions, including during the transition and her time in the White House. He said he is not aware of any agreement to limit the scope of her testimony.

"We'll find out this morning," he said.

Hicks did not answer reporter questions on her way into the interview Tuesday morning. She was initially scheduled to appear before the committee last month, but her testimony was delayed over questions about whether she could discuss the presidential transition and her time at the White House.

The House Intelligence Committee's top Democrat, Rep. Adam Schiff of California, said Monday that he did not know whether Hicks will answer all of the committee's questions.

"We don't know at this point if she will testify completely or fully as others who have served in the administration have, or whether she will do what Steve Bannon did, which was stonewall," Schiff said. "We hope obviously she will be cooperative, but at this point I don't know what we can expect."

Schiff has called on the House panel to issue contempt citations to Bannon and former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, who also limited the scope of questions he would answer, although the Republican leading the committee's Russia investigation, Rep. Mike Conaway of Texas, has not said yet if that step would be pursued.

Hicks has already been interviewed by the Senate Intelligence Committee, a source familiar with the matter told CNN. Hicks also met last year with special counsel Robert Mueller as part of his investigation.

Hicks, a trusted Trump aide for years, was one of then-candidate Trump's first hires as he put together an improbable run for the White House. During the campaign, she was often by Trump's side and attended nearly every rally, while she was in frequent communication with other senior officials as they coordinated their tactics to win the White House.

The House panel plans to interview her about any knowledge she has of contacts that occurred between other Trump associates and Russians. And she is bound to be questioned about other controversies as well, namely the White House's involvement in crafting a misleading response last summer once a June 2016 meeting between Russians and Donald Trump Jr. was revealed in the press.

Hicks appears to have firsthand knowledge of a number of key events that have shaped the first year of the Trump White House, including being on Air Force One when the initial misleading statement about Trump Jr.'s meeting with Russians was crafted.

• Upvote 6