IGNORED

Dillards 39: From SOS to Peddling ALERT

Coconut Flan

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to go a church that wasn't terribly friendly. At all. Unless you happened to be in the right person's little Jr. High clique.

All of a sudden there came this huge push church-wide to join a sorority or fraternity. Um -- didn't do that when I Was in college. Doing that now is just weird.

So much ugly at that place that I just left. Church sorority? SMDH.

@PennySycamore I became incredibly fascinated by the deaf community several years back, and for a couple of reasons!  Firstly, I have been diagnosed with otosclerosis in both ears.  As my ENT has explained (I'm NOT a medical professional!) I'm gradually losing my hearing because the bones in my ears don't regenerate.  Because of this, my stapes does not vibrate freely, and cannot transmit sound.  I will eventually have complete conductive hearing loss in both ears - at the present, I have hearing loss of 60% in my right ear and 20% in my left.

Secondly, my son just earned his fluency in ASL 4!  He's wrapping up his associates in Sign Language Interpretation, and is hoping for acceptance into the University of North Florida's Sign Language Interpretation bachelor's program.  I am SOOOOO excited for him, and I absolutely love to watch him sign.  He picked such a wonderful major - one he and his girlfriend both share.  How lucky am I, right?  I tell him all the time that now he has to teach me - although it is amazing just how much there is to it.  It's not as simple as I thought it would be!

Anyway, Kudos to you for taking an ASL class!

37 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Jill is hard at work apparently.

Jill looks great in that picture though. Natural, happy, relaxed. 

1 hour ago, Fluffy14 said:

Great .  Converting each college student one pair of shorts at a time to wearing skirts and modest attire. 

I don't believe that Cross Church is affiliated with IBLP. So I don't think they'd be promoting IBLP specific ideology at C3 events.

(Unless skirts only is something that Cross Church espouses of course. I don't think it is, but I could be wrong.)

6 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

because she finally knows she doesn't have to go back to the hellish torture (for her) of CA...i'm sure she's very happy about that

Wheres D2?

I cant believe that DWreck would allow his Jillymuffin to actually work instead of taking care of his littles, so my guess is that she's just volunteering there for a bit.  He, on the other hand, may be actually collecting a paycheck.  The church is hiring for various positions (none that I'd expect a Duggar/Dillard to want but this is just whats still active)

http://crosschurch.com/jobs/

22 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

because she finally knows she doesn't have to go back to the hellish torture (for her) of CA...i'm sure she's very happy about that

I'm sure. She also seems to be a pretty social person and enjoys doing this type of "ministry". I'm not positive what exactly it is they're doing but it involves other people. 

It's got to be A LOT less isolating than Central America for Jill plus being closer to TTH will suit her. 

So, looking at the site it looks like the church is into "church planting" and missions.  That sounds perfect for the Dillards and their missionary plans  schemes.  Dwreck would have to go through their school, though.  I took a look at their application and its pretty straight foward.  Screen shots below.  If he was joining up that may explain his attack on Jazz, as that type of "immoral media" would be a violation of the rules.

Spoiler

App1.thumb.png.4f44b10bea635a85682535b70bb52c93.png

Spoiler

app2.png.79550f2bd589d642cb9f7c5d17702a4d.png

Spoiler

app3.thumb.png.f4479253ec5cbd8934662e14cd6ee2cc.png

Spoiler

app4.thumb.png.38ab4b7bf5c1af32b41387211f3bdd4d.png

Spoiler

app5.thumb.png.e52f5f55110c33975dbd8b9032c4ae5b.png

I love how T shirt size is on there.  Definitely NOT at all a way to ensure that they dont accept anyone that is larger than a fundie is supposed to be according to their fat shaming beliefs

1 hour ago, jacduggar said:

I agree. I don't wear makeup as a personal preference and I prefer this more natural look on Jill as opposed to this photo. She looks radiant to me. Based on appearance alone, which is how a lot of speculation happens, she doesn't look depressed to me. This is a good direction for Jill, I think, but I'm not sure how Derick will do.

image.jpg

44 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I don't believe that Cross Church is affiliated with IBLP. So I don't think they'd be promoting IBLP specific ideology at C3 events.

They might.  Derick just might decide to be a missionary to convert Southern Baptist Convention folks from Christian to Christian. Joke! :D

I don't think Derick has ever been Gothardite, but JB found him acceptable anyway.  The Duggars go way back with Cross Church.  IBLP is a parachurch not a church, anyway.  

Reminder for anyone new to the Duggar scene:  All Gothardites are Fundie but not all Fundies are Gothardite.  Some Gothardites are IFB or SBC but not all IFB or SBC are Gothardite.  

Cross Church = mega SBC church with 5 "campuses" and several "ministries."  Derick may just be taking classes not working there.

Ghastly affiliations though.  Here's the senior pastor.  http://crosschurch.com/about/ronnie-floyd/

In addition to his leadership of Cross Church and the Southern Baptist Convention, Dr. Floyd is currently serving as one of eight Board of Directors for the highly influential Family Research Council in Washington, D.C. The FRC advances faith, family and freedom in public policy and the culture from a Christian worldview. 

The SPLC lists FRC as a Hate Group. https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/family-research-council

This stuff is not "Fundie-lite" or just a bit "Conservative Christian."  

And, yes, this connection may be how Fuckface got the job at FRC in the first place.  Derick may have ambitions in that direction too, Rufus help us.

3 hours ago, nst said:

Jinger is apparently being groomed by the man who acquired her.  

This is spot on! 

12 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

And, yes, this connection may be how Fuckface got the job at FRC in the first place.  Derick may have ambitions in that direction too, Rufus help us.

The FRC employing another Duggar? Now I admit they are not known for their wisdom and insight, but that I believe they would 'avoid'.

Given that Derick appears to be a fundamental zealot, and given that he has openly talked about letting the "Lord decide how many kids they have"... I don't really hold out much hope that he is planning on limiting how many kids they have. In  contrast, for example, Jeremy's mentor  (Pastor Tim something at Grace Community Church) has a YouTube video where he explicitly says that it's fine to limit family size using "non abortive" birth control (because husbands are supposed to love their wives the way Jesus loves the church and if the wives are wiped out then it's time to stop). We really don't have any associations like that in Derick's life, and all the ministry work he has been associated with suggest he might be a little bit more fundamentalist than Jeremy in this area ( I'm not saying that Jeremy is anything other than a Fundamentalist).

1 hour ago, jacduggar said:

Agreed.  This is much more her milieu and comfort zone. 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I look at all that flowing hair in a kitchen and I am completely grossed out.

Is there any actual cooking going on though? It doesn't look like it to me, probably just drinks and maybe cookies. If there's no food prep happening it's probably not a big deal as long as they clean up after themselves.

Are we sure Jill is "working" and didn't just get a matching T shirt while stage 5 clinging to her husband? :pb_lol: 

10 hours ago, purplepeony said:

This tweet does, I think, make it sound like they will be working for c3, rather than attending, as it says 'excited to be joining the team'. I wonder if they could be doing sort of guest lectures about their experience as missionaries? They do seem very unqualified  though.

There are GIRLS wearing shorts!!!!! GASP!   NIKE!!!!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived