IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 6: With the Gyrating Flesh

Coconut Flan

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Catching up here. With respect to the new video from "over There" and the truth-reveal on the Drive-In, thank you so much for exposing.

In addition to great great uncle, I think Beall's father was a Korean War Vet--or at least had some military service, but then he/her family fare about as well as black people  and the Torres family, by the Phillips and VF "approach."

Yes, one has to wonder in addition to the younger boys being allowed to do Star Wars and Harry Potter if "the father's" videos are also now allowed for recreational viewing????

As a former ATI/IBLP kid, I've been reading and enjoying "Recovering Grace" quite a bit lately... and yesterday I had a thought that might explain why Beall is working so hard to keep up the "everything is fine" charade while D-Tool is off carousing. Gothard taught that "underlings" (wife and kids) are not held liable for anything the authority/headship does, as long as they remain safely "under the umbrella" (in submission to their authority, no matter what). He teaches that God will, however, punish those who "rebel" (come out from under their authority, without that authority's blessing), no matter what the reason. Therefore according to this teaching, Beall is "safe" and unblameable in God's eyes as long as she does whatever her husband expects of her-- no matter what wrong HE is doing-- unless and until her husband "sets her free" (by divorce or other decree, at which point she would be expected to find another "umbrella"-- such as her father or pastor-- to place herself under).

On 15/08/2017 at 9:50 AM, formerpastorswife said:

Therefore according to this teaching, Beall is "safe" and unblameable in God's eyes as long as she does whatever her husband expects of her-- no matter what wrong HE is doing--

So. Flipping. SICK!!! 

Thank you for the insight.  

ETA: @DomWackTroll and @Palimpsest, I agree with your analyses of whether Doug AKA Phil Douglas ever touched Peter B. And I hope your instincts are right. Jerkwad that PB could be, he's one of the saddest patriarchy stories yet.

Yes, sick!   And for the sake of all the kids but especially the girls --what is she showing them she'll do for them in terms of protecting them?  Not much. It's hard for me to believe she is still hard core Gothard etc when DPIARBT has so flown the reservation.  She went along with it mostly because of him and I think she would jettison it along with him too. This has more to do with saving face. At the expense of young ones who asked not for this oppressive cult-existence which neither she nor her sorry spouse were reared in themselves. 

51 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

It's hard for me to believe she is still hard core Gothard etc 

They were never Gothardites.

There was a pretty strong Gothard influence, though. Beall may not be into Gothard overtly, but IBLP has fingers all over VF. Jen's Gem's isn't very reputable, but they linked to an article written for what seems like a reasonable Christian magazine about DPIAT, VF, and Gothardism.

https://jensgems.wordpress.com/2007/05/30/cult-watch-ministry-publishes-article-exposing-doug-phillips/

(Anyone else snicker every time they write "Gothard?" Just me?)

(also I've edited this about five times because my keyboard hates me)

Hey, Libby is up to $780 in the begging bowl asking for $$ to let a girl who doesn't work or go to school take a European vacation for her 21st birthday.
GET A JOB, YOU HUMAN TICK.

Going back to Justin Turley's account/ photos of the wedding.

Maybe I'm reading too much into things.  But......... The photo (#3) of Bradrick! gazing ... um....longingly ,,,,, at Justin seems to possibly confirm PB also batted for the other team. Or at least really wanted to.

Then in photo #6 all the other groomsmen are laughing with Justin and PB's expression is like -- "Justin please it's not too late to call it off."

Am I mis-remembering there was talk that Justin himself might be on the other team -- hence his marriage to Melissa. Am I thinking of another fundie?

11 hours ago, bea said:

Hey, Libby is up to $780 in the begging bowl asking for $$ to let a girl who doesn't work or go to school take a European vacation for her 21st birthday.
GET A JOB, YOU HUMAN TICK.

I love your turn of phrase!!!!

11 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Member Am I mis-remembering there was a talk that Justin himself might be on the other team -- hence his marriage to Melissa. Am I thinking of another fundie?

I don't recall Justin but The Embryo Patriarch known as "Evil Jakey G"** has stood amidst swirly rumors. Especially when his engagement to a young lovely was called off. 

**My own troo luv, @DomWackTroll, bestowed that moniker on the guy because of the guy's disconcerting resemblance to Jake Gyllenhaal. Me, I can't recall the dude's real name. (My own name is next, I tell you...)

Re: the GoGriftMe fund.  If this is a surprise and remains one, it implies that  internet use for the older Phillips girls is highly restricted. 

8 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I don't recall Justin but The Embryo Patriarch known as "Evil Jakey G"...@DomWackTroll bestowed that moniker on the guy because of the guy's disconcerting resemblance to Jake Gyllenhaal. 

Actually, I can't take the credit; it was an anonymous poster on Datalounge who gave him that nickname. But I agree that at the time, it was perfect for him. He really, really looked like Jake back then. 

As for Turley, he used to to be the drummer in the kind of west-coast, "alternative" band that screams "straight a-holes" to me. I wonder how many groupies he boinked while he had the (brief) chance. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Until_June

16 hours ago, bea said:

There was a pretty strong Gothard influence, though. Beall may not be into Gothard overtly, but IBLP has fingers all over VF. Jen's Gem's isn't very reputable, but they linked to an article written for what seems like a reasonable Christian magazine about DPIAT, VF, and Gothardism.

The Don Venoit article.  Yes, he wrote a great expose of Gothard and was trying to link VF's version of Christian Patriarchy to Gothardism to discredit Phillips, VF and FIC too.  He's right that they are all nasty Christian Patriarchs.   

However, the over arching theme is the so-called Christian (or Biblical) Patriarchal Movement.  It predates Gothard by about 40 years.  Don't give BG more credit than he is due.  He's just a minor cog in the wheel.

Gothard, VF, Doug Wilson's CREC, FIC, Sproul, Rushdooney, Botkin, Pearl and so on (too many to list) are all under that Christian Patriarchy banner.  The Tool met BG a couple of times, and they did cooperate on a few things, but they were actually competing parachurches.  They all have doctrinal differences and their religious roots differ.

DPIABT and Beall were never Gothardite.  VFM (and FIC) are their own special brand of insane Christian Patriarchy and much more lax on many things Gothard held dear.

I expect all the teachings on marriage and Godly Submission by women whatever happens are very similar, however.  Because they are all part of the Christian Patriarchy Movement.

11 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

The photo (#3) of Bradrick! gazing ... um....longingly ,,,,, at Justin seems to possibly confirm PB also batted for the other team. Or at least really wanted to.

This was already pretty much confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt by the Bradrick! divorce papers and custody agreement.  He may be bi.  Turley, I really don't know, but it was definitely speculated.  I'd also put a quite a few dollars on the probability that Natty Darnell is still clinging by his fingernails to the closet door.  I detest Nat Darnell - but for general dickishness not his possible gayness.

I feel genuinely sorry for anyone in those supposedly "Christian" circles who isn't as completely straight as a bloody ruler.  The pressures for them to conform to "manly" heterosexual norms of behavior are enormous.  

This belief system is so destructive.

Does anyone else feel that most of these guys - Gothard, DPIAT, Sproul, Botkin , Pearl - if they had been born in the early nineteenth century, would have been entrepreneurs of the Industrial Revolution?That they latched on to 'christianity' as a way to create a business? And to satisfy their egos. That if they had been born in an era where they had unlimited opportunities to exploit new ideas/industries, and become a Rockefeller or a Carnegie  they would have done so? And subjugated their workers as well as their wives and families. And religion would have had nothing to do with it.

That the twentieth century limited their options to make it big - fast - and so they latched on to religion. They saw the megaministries and it was a business opportunity.

As you may be able to tell, I have no trust in their 'religious calling' - which seem to me, in every case, to be a perversion of traditional christianity to benefit them. And maybe to fulfil some weird pathologies.:my_dodgy:

If they had been born a bit later, they might have been dotcom millionaires....

@sawasdee I agree to a very large degree.  There's a lot of evidence that some (if not most) of the above are primarily cynical businessmen who know there is big money in religion.  Like L Ron Hubbard inventing his own, except this lot latched onto Christian Patriarchy.

Some are better at it than others though.  Botkin isn't much of a success at it (except in his own mind) especially in financial terms.

I do think a few of them must also see themselves as part of a 5th Great Awakening.  I can never keep the Great Awakenings straight so here you go:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Awakening.

The US is particularly fertile soil for all of these shennaingans.  It's that Freedom of Religion thing.

I swear, if the "Founding Fathers" (many of whom were not particularly religious) could have seen into the future and predicted these charlatans, they might have written the First Amendment a little differently.

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

I swear, if the "Founding Fathers" (many of whom were not particularly religious) could have seen into the future and predicted these charlatans, they might have written the First Amendment a little differently.

YES!

Can you hear that whirring sound - it's Jefferson et al spinning in their graves, and wishing for a do over!

16 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

John Robert Moore has a new girlfriend, the owner of a hair salon: 

I noticed that a few months ago.  The lad gets around.  He may even be growing up a bit.

FTR, he did not vote for Trump. ;)

On 8/16/2017 at 0:11 AM, MamaJunebug said:

The Embryo Patriarch known as "Evil Jakey G"** has stood amidst swirly rumors. Especially when his engagement to a young lovely was called off. 

**My own troo luv, @DomWackTroll, bestowed that moniker on the guy because of the guy's disconcerting resemblance to Jake Gyllenhaal. Me, I can't recall the dude's real name. (My own name is next, I tell you...)

Oh my goodness, I must have missed when @DomWackTroll first coined this moniker.

Natty Darnell is a dead ringer for Jake!  

4 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

John Robert Moore has a new girlfriend, the owner of a hair salon: 

Hide contents

DWT, Good thing you hid that behind a spoiler because  WE COULD BE MAJORLY DEFRAUDED!  Those towels are barely hangin' on, just sayin'. 

2 hours ago, Howl said:

DWT, Good thing you hid that behind a spoiler...   

Let me ask everyone: Am I supposed to hide social media posts behind a spoiler? This is the first time I've done it, because I saw other posters doing it and thought maybe it was a new rule or something, but... Does it matter? Should I keep doing it? 

No, you don't have to hide social media posts.  Some of them are huge so people put them behind a spoiler.  We do have a rule that images in a post beyond two need to be behind spoilers. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived