IGNORED

South African Golfers’ racist and sexist attack sparks fight

47of74

Must be South African fans of the gropenführer

A brawl erupted on a golf course this week when a male golfer told a woman player to “get back in the kitchen” during a dispute over who should play the course’s ninth hole first.

The Independent said that the fight broke out at the Athlone Golf Club in Durban, South Africa after a group of eight women golfers arrived at the club on Aug. 5 to find that their “booking times were not allocated.”

The women split into two groups and agreed to play on a reduced course, but a group of male golfers reportedly began to harass and attack the women players and their teammates.

“I received a call from one of the ladies who said the group had been assaulted and verbally harassed by a group of men,” said the director of the Pink Ladies Golf School to The Independent. “The men told them to go back and cook in the kitchen. I advised her to continue with the game and ignore the incident.”

• 2 weeks later...

Insulting women who are carrying golf clubs. That would be dangerous here in Jersey.  I hope these women were all given their money back at the very least.

Archived