IGNORED

Tales of the 2nd Amendment

47of74

Teenage Uber passenger accidentally shot by driver, Florida police say

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/teenage-uber-passenger-accidentally-shot-driver-florida-police-say-n1070371

Spoiler

Bailey Braun was hit in the ankle, NBC Miami reported. The driver told police he accidentally fired the gun as he was moving it from the seat to a holster while Harper was picking up two other passengers in Hollywood, Florida, shortly before 3 p.m., according to police.

So this dumbass was just driving around town with a loaded gun just casually resting on the seat???

Spoiler

Harper allegedly told police after the shooting that when he moved the gun he didn’t realize he had his finger inside the trigger guard, and he accidentally pulled the trigger, which caused the weapon to fire, according to the police report. The round went behind him and hit the passenger in the rear seat on the driver's side.

This is what the safety is for. And why you should always be aware of where your hands are when handling a gun.

• WTF 4

Here's a guy wearing not one but two strap ons....

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 5

New York Man is giving Florida Man a run for his money

A ticked-off driver pulled a loaded, stolen gun on a car — only to discover that it was full of plainclothes cops, a high-ranking police source said Sunday.

Glenn Grays allegedly pointed the .45-caliber gun out his window after cutting off the car carrying undercover detectives from the Brooklyn North Gang Unit on the westbound Belt Parkway on Saturday in Sheepshead Bay, according to the source.

Grays, a 31-year-old United States Postal Service employee, was arrested and charged with possession of a firearm and menacing, the source said.

Grays was wearing his postal-worker uniform during the incident.

• Haha 11

On 10/27/2019 at 12:05 AM, 47of74 said:

Here's a guy wearing not one but two strap ons....

I'm pretty sure this is how you lose an ass cheek.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oklahoma moron learned the hard way that there are still some places where bringing  a gun still isn’t cool. 

An Oklahoma County judge is maintaining the $100,000 bond set for a self-proclaimed “Second Amendment auditor” who was arrested for allegedly bringing an AR-style rifle into a metro restaurant.

Timothy Harper was arrested for allegedly bringing the rifle into a Twin Peaks the day after the new permitless carry law went into effect this month.

Judge Ray Elliott, a card-carrying member of the NRA, agreed that Harper’s actions created a potential for mass chaos, and that he wasn’t using common sense.

The judge didn’t lower his bond, but he did lift the requirement that it be a cash bond. The judge did add stipulations to the bond, including that if Harper bonds out, he wear an ankle monitor and surrender his weapons.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

• 1 month later...

An Alabama man second amendmented himself while going to buy a holster for his gun. 

The Florence Police Department says a man was on his way to buy a holster for his gun when he accidentally shot himself.

The man, whose name has not been released, was flown from the parking lot near Academy Sports in Florence to Huntsville Hospital for treatment.

• WTF 5

And a Michigan man Second Amendmented himself at a Victoria Secret store.

About 3 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 27, police responded to reports of a gunshot at the Victoria’s Secret store inside the Fashion Square Mall, according to Saginaw Township Police Chief Donald F. Pussehl Jr.

A 29-year-old man shopping at the store was putting his wallet back into his pocket when a handgun also in the pocket discharged, Pussehl said.

The man suffered a non-life-threatening wound to his leg. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment. No one else was injured.

JeanLucFacePalm.thumb.jpg.f5c293b7315c109e10f9f8b642c8607c.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Idiot

A 25-year-old Marine veteran faces up to five years in prison if convicted on federal firearms charges after officials said he tried to enter the Coast Guard Training Center in Cape May, New Jersey, with multiple firearms, including an illegally modified to fully automatic AK-47.

Dustin Aaron Peters has a bail hearing set in federal court on Friday in Camden, New Jersey, on charges of unlawful possession of a firearm in a federal facility and unlawful interstate transport of a machine gun, according to a Department of Justice release.

Despite posted warning signs near the entrance to the facility that firearms were prohibited, Peters tried to enter the facility.

“Peters acknowledged that he did not listen, stating that he knew it was possible that he may be stopped, but was not expecting that to actually happen,” according to court documents.

• WTF 4

• 3 weeks later...

A former former NFL player and county supervisor is in a bit of trouble 

Sixty-three-year-old Mike Stensrud was sentenced Friday to two years' probation and 90 days of jail time, but 88 days were suspended. 

Stensrud is a Winnebago County supervisor. He drank alcohol from a cup during a May 21 meeting in Forest City. Court records say a breath test showed his blood alcohol level was above the legal limit for driving.

An officer found a pistol in one of Stensrud's pockets.

Jesus Christ. All over beer

The NY Post is reporting that an altercation occurred outside Brooklyn's popular Other Half Brewing Company late Friday night. And according to officials, it all had to do with a bunch of smack talk over craft beer.

Witnesses say they were in line overnight for a Saturday morning special release when a man and a woman began harassing them over their taste for pricy, hoppy beer. Several people in line told the NY Post that the couple were staying in a nearby Airbnb when they started mocking the beer lovers. This escalated back and forth to the point that some in line even threw folding chairs at the annoying twosome.

The Post says the the man and woman went back into the apartment for a while, only for the man to reemerge with a can of White Claw hard seltzer. Eager to show these beer snobs what a man's man drinks, the alleged intruder slammed back his drink and then allegedly threw it at those waiting in line. The taunts continued both ways until the Post says the man went back to the apartment and came back with a Glock 19.

Shocked witnesses in line say they called the police as they tried to deescalate the potentially dangerous situation. The man then put the gun away and went back inside. The NY Post says police quickly arrived, brought the man out in cuffs, confirmed his identity with witnesses, and then took him away.

• WTF 4

• 5 months later...

Jesus Fucking Christ on a goddamn wheat thin

A woman recently pleaded not guilty to a charge for allegedly shooting four times at a squirrel on her mother’s porch in Maquoketa, with one of the shots nearly hitting a neighbor when it ricocheted.

Janice E. Caine, 60, of rural Maquoketa, is charged in Iowa District Court of Jackson County with reckless use of a firearm causing property damage. Her next court hearing is set for Sept. 4.

Court documents state that Caine was trying to kill a squirrel in her mother’s screened-in porch at 205 Thomas Ave. at about 6:25 p.m. May 29.

Police said she fired a 9 mm handgun at it four times. Two of the shots “were not able to be accounted for.” The third hit a children’s playground set, struck a stainless steel smoker and ricocheted to hit the home of Justin G. Taylor at 207 Thomas Ave. It caused an estimated nearly $2,600 worth of damage to his property.

Fucking idiot.  She's lucky she didn't kill someone. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2

• 1 month later...

NRA insider Joshua Powell has written a book called (not surprisingly)  Inside the NRA, which is a tell all about epic mismanagement and corruption within the organization. 

NRA says Joshua Powell is guilty of all the things he has exposed in the book, it's all a lie, NRA is financially sound, there's nothing (zip! zero! nada! no. thing.) to see here, move along.

I'm tempted to read it and suspect the truth lies somewhere in-between, that it reveals huge malfeasance on NRA's part and that it may be a bit self serving for J. Powell. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

And now we go to Oregon where another guy second amendmented himself in his area with his strap on

An Oregon man accidentally shot himself in the groin while he was showing off his handgun in the middle of a supermarket checkout line, according to police.

Officers responded to McKay's Market located in SW Highway 101 in Lincoln City at around 7.30 p.m. on Sunday, the local police department said in a news release.

There, they found a 29-year-old man, named as Nicholas J. Ellingford, had been injured after sustaining a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his groin area and leg.

Police said Ellingford had pulled out a Glock 9 mm semiautomatic pistol from the waistband of his pants to flaunt it to a friend while waiting in the checkout line.

There's a criminal investigation going on now and he could face charges for not having a handgun license and behaving in a reckless manner.  I certainly hope so.

• WTF 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2020 at 12:10 PM, 47of74 said:

And now we go to Oregon where another guy second amendmented himself in his area with his strap on

There's a criminal investigation going on now and he could face charges for not having a handgun license and behaving in a reckless manner.  I certainly hope so.

A man I know loves to think of himself as a BBD (Big Bad Dude), but I've seen him cry when a neighbor refused to put their dogs in the house so he could walk by. 

Spoiler

The dogs ran up towards the street, but stopped several feet back to bark at the new guy and the new dog walking by.  The neighbor was working on his car in the driveway, so BBD told him to put the f****** dogs away. The neighbor apparently took exception to BBDs language and told him the dogs wouldn't get any closer because he had an underground electric fence and the dogs knew that to go closer would shock them, but if BBD was worried, he could simply cross the street and walk over there.  BBD returned home crying that he was sure his dog would be permanently scarred from the experience.  The dog has shown no sign of trauma, but BBD now refuses to walk the dog because the mean neighbors are, well, mean.  Now if the dog gets exercised, it's if BBD takes it to a park and plays fetch with it.  That doesn't happen very often.

BBD also loves to wear a handgun in a strap facing backwards under his arm.  He's ready to defend himself if need be.  But he can't get the strap on by himself, he needs help.  I'm not sure if he really needs help or if he just likes to have his SO help him so she'll know he's a manly dude ready to protect them.

He's overweight, so in order to pull the gun he would have to lift his left arm away from his body while his right hand is reaching for the gun.  I know this because he tried to demonstrate for me how fast he could pull his gun and he was obviously fumbling to find the handle.  I swear he'd probably never tried to pull the gun before because he didn't realize his arm flab got in the way.

The gun is supposed to be pointed towards the ground, but he has it pointed straight backwards.  Anyone standing behind him could get shot in the upper torso if it were to go off.  A short person or half grown child might just get shot in the head.  And this gun could go off, because BBD doesn't keep the safety on.  He says he carries it locked and loaded, but I wouldn't know because I won't go near the thing.  

On top of that, he has small children in the house, and although he keeps the gun in the bedroom, he doesn't have a gun safe.  It's put on a high shelf, out of sight but otherwise easy to access.

The number of things that could go wrong is astounding to me.

• Sad 4
  • WTF 4

9 hours ago, Flossie said:

A man I know loves to think of himself as a BBD (Big Bad Dude), but I've seen him cry when a neighbor refused to put their dogs in the house so he could walk by. 

Reveal hidden contents

The dogs ran up towards the street, but stopped several feet back to bark at the new guy and the new dog walking by.  The neighbor was working on his car in the driveway, so BBD told him to put the f****** dogs away. The neighbor apparently took exception to BBDs language and told him the dogs wouldn't get any closer because he had an underground electric fence and the dogs knew that to go closer would shock them, but if BBD was worried, he could simply cross the street and walk over there.  BBD returned home crying that he was sure his dog would be permanently scarred from the experience.  The dog has shown no sign of trauma, but BBD now refuses to walk the dog because the mean neighbors are, well, mean.  Now if the dog gets exercised, it's if BBD takes it to a park and plays fetch with it.  That doesn't happen very often.

BBD also loves to wear a handgun in a strap facing backwards under his arm.  He's ready to defend himself if need be.  But he can't get the strap on by himself, he needs help.  I'm not sure if he really needs help or if he just likes to have his SO help him so she'll know he's a manly dude ready to protect them.

He's overweight, so in order to pull the gun he would have to lift his left arm away from his body while his right hand is reaching for the gun.  I know this because he tried to demonstrate for me how fast he could pull his gun and he was obviously fumbling to find the handle.  I swear he'd probably never tried to pull the gun before because he didn't realize his arm flab got in the way.

The gun is supposed to be pointed towards the ground, but he has it pointed straight backwards.  Anyone standing behind him could get shot in the upper torso if it were to go off.  A short person or half grown child might just get shot in the head.  And this gun could go off, because BBD doesn't keep the safety on.  He says he carries it locked and loaded, but I wouldn't know because I won't go near the thing.  

On top of that, he has small children in the house, and although he keeps the gun in the bedroom, he doesn't have a gun safe.  It's put on a high shelf, out of sight but otherwise easy to access.

The number of things that could go wrong is astounding to me.

Ya mean something like this?

• Upvote 3

• 6 months later...

Another moron second amendmented himself at Wally World. 

A man accidentally shot and wounded himself while trying on a pair of pants in a dressing room at Walmart on Friday. He was rushed to a local hospital and no other injuries were reported.

The man, who has not been named, visited a Walmart in McMinnville, Oregon. While trying on pants in the dressing room, his pistol fell out of his pocket, according to WKRN.

The firearm hit the floor and discharged, hitting the man in the back of the leg before the bullet lodged itself in his ankle. The McMinnville Police Department is investigating the incident.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5

• 1 month later...

8BA6441D-3D54-4DEA-9DD9-643A13A6D2D1.thumb.jpeg.e4e5bca28e9971dca6a9872e0eb92fbe.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

8BA6441D-3D54-4DEA-9DD9-643A13A6D2D1.thumb.jpeg.e4e5bca28e9971dca6a9872e0eb92fbe.jpeg

That was well-deserved, IMO. Don't dare people if you don't want them to follow through!

• I Agree 5

• 1 year later...

Yes, I know this happened in Brazil and not the United States.  But this seemed like the best place to put this bit of gun related stupidity

A lawyer in Brazil died after his gun was discharged by an MRI scanner and shot him.

Leandro Mathias de Novaes had taken his mother to get an MRI at the Laboratorio Cura in São Paulo on January 18 when the freak accident took place, according to CNN Brasil.

The lawyer, 40, reportedly neglected to inform hospital staff about his concealed weapon, despite being instructed to remove all metal objects before entering the MRI room. 

The magnetic field from the MRI scanner pulled the firearm from his waistband, causing it to fire and shoot him in the stomach.

• Upvote 1