IGNORED

A Totally Accurate and in No Way Sarcastic Duggar Cheat Sheet

VelociRapture

It seems to me that our Scaly Savior has gone above and beyond with these summaries. Can we nominate her for a special award or title or something? Between this and her frequent (and frequently awesome) posts it just seems like she should have more than Lists under her name :) 

@Destiny Is this a you thing? Can we start a petition or something? Thank you. 

(Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated or associated with Velociraptor, I just think this level of dedication should be recognized.) 

Edited by CharlieInCharge
Words
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Just thought I should add that in more recent episodes of Counting on it seems as though part of the girls room has been walled off to make a separate room (perhaps for Jana?). I'm not too sure if it is for her or not though as in pics of her garden (I think Jessa posted one on Insta) it looked like she had one of those tiny houses, but that could just be her potting shed for the garden, although it looks like an actual tiny home.

On 11/12/2017 at 5:36 AM, thinandfit said:

Just thought I should add that in more recent episodes of Counting on it seems as though part of the girls room has been walled off to make a separate room (perhaps for Jana?). I'm not too sure if it is for her or not though as in pics of her garden (I think Jessa posted one on Insta) it looked like she had one of those tiny houses, but that could just be her potting shed for the garden, although it looks like an actual tiny home.

Jana has had the private area for some time. Anna used it when Josh was in rehab.

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Jana has had the private area for some time. Anna used it when Josh was in rehab.

Ah- I had seen it before with a small curtain but wasn't too sure who it was for, thanks!

@VelociRapture, regarding Jana having being a Leader at JTTH I finally found the source.  Some smart person put it on Wikipedia and linked to Ellie and Lilly's blog:

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2012/09/recap-busy-duggars-and-duggar-on-her-own.html

The entire family waves goodbye as Jana heads off to Chicago and then Michigan to minister with Journey to the Heart. 

"We were so excited about Jana becoming a journey leader," says Jim Bob. Knowing what an impact Journey to the Heart has had on their daughters' lives, he and Michelle were thrilled to hear that Jana would be using her gifts to lead other girls. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

Probably not. If I remember correctly, on that same episode they had a segment where Jana is seen counseling other girls. The camera crew tagged along and most likely traveled with Jana for the trip and that’s probably why JB & Michelle felt better about her going “alone.”

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Probably not. If I remember correctly, on that same episode they had a segment where Jana is seen counseling other girls. The camera crew tagged along and most likely traveled with Jana for the trip and that’s probably why JB & Michelle felt better about her going “alone.”

It’s also possible they pulled another of those “traveling alone”  camera tricks. Normally it means not filming Jana helping out, but this time it’d mean keeping her chaperone/travel buddy off camera.

7 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

@VelociRapture, regarding Jana having being a Leader at JTTH I finally found the source.  Some smart person put it on Wikipedia and linked to Ellie and Lilly's blog:

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2012/09/recap-busy-duggars-and-duggar-on-her-own.html

Thanks! I added a very brief addition to Jana’s summary earlier today.

• Upvote 6

Updated the photos for Jinger, Joseph, and Joy. I also added the pregnancy news for JinJer and JoKen.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...

@VelociRapture it might be helpful to identify the "howlers" as you do the "lost girls"; I assume the howlers are Jason/James/Justin/Jackson but I'm not sure? (And what's the origin of that term? I've always been curious.)

Couldn't Jimbob build Jana her own house on the compound? I thought there was plenty of land so the adult Duggars that wanted to could build houses. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Antipatriarch said:

@VelociRapture it might be helpful to identify the "howlers" as you do the "lost girls"; I assume the howlers are Jason/James/Justin/Jackson but I'm not sure? (And what's the origin of that term? I've always been curious.)

I thought about it. However, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some posters here express discomfort with the term because “monkey” and “ape” have been used as racial slurs towards blacks. The Duggars aren’t black, but if it makes anyone uncomfortable or brings up bad memories for someone then I’d really prefer to avoid using the term. 

I wasn’t around when the term was first used, but I believe it first originated when the boys were young - they were loud, unruly, and ran all over the place. At some point someone used the term Howler monkey, likely as a joke, and the term stuck. 

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Couldn't Jimbob build Jana her own house on the compound? I thought there was plenty of land so the adult Duggars that wanted to could build houses. 

Adult MARRIED Duggars. Not unmarried offspring. Pretty sure they’re worried that too much privacy could lead to “sinful” thoughts or actions.  :pb_rollseyes: 

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Goodness no (clutching my pearls)! Jana might have an independent, non-Jim Bob and Michelle sanctioned thought! And Michelle might have to take care of her kids, especially if someone wakes up with the stomach flu in the night!

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2018 at 6:23 AM, Eternalbluepearl said:

She can't be alone in her house though! King JB will not stand for that!

• I Agree 2

Update - added a new photo for Josiah and brief information about his courtship. Also added the SEX of Joseph’s firstborn, which was announced today.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 6

• 2 weeks later...

Who does the "lost children" refer to? Is it Josiah - Jordyn? It seems like it's everyone after Joseph, except Josie.

The lost girls are the 4 youngest girls. The j’slaves are the 5 older girls, the howlers are the 6 boys in a row starting with jed and jer. The 4 older boys dont really have a category name.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

The lost girls are the 4 youngest girls. The j’slaves are the 5 older girls, the howlers are the 6 boys in a row starting with jed and jer. The 4 older boys dont really have a category name.

The Lost Girls are actually Hannie, Jennie, and Jordyn. Josie isn’t counted because she got so much more attention from their parents then the sisters closest in age to her (due to her being the youngest and the fact that it is a bit of a miracle that she survived being born so early.)

And to be honest, I don’t know if I’d necessarily count Joy as a J’slave. I don’t think she really has a group she falls into to be honest. She was the first Duggar child to be handed off to a Sister-Mom and didn’t have the responsibilities that the eldest four - especially Jana and Jill - had. She definitely still had a very difficult childhood in many ways and was given too many responsibilities at a young age, but her place in the birth order and her choice to marry so young helped spare her from a lot of the responsibility the eldest four had to shoulder. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

Thank you! I also wasn't sure if Joy counted as a lost boy/girl, a J'slave or what. 

I need to add this to my fundie spreadsheet.

• 2 weeks later...
On February 15, 2018 at 6:40 PM, new espadrille said:

Thank you! I also wasn't sure if Joy counted as a lost boy/girl, a J'slave or what. 

I need to add this to my fundie spreadsheet.

A fundie spreadsheet -what fun!

I for one would love to see it. Copies of it would sell. Great project.

Update: new photo and engagement information added for Josiah and Lauren. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to A Totally Accurate and in No Way Sarcastic Duggar Cheat Sheet