IGNORED

JD Courting?

VeryNikeSeamstress

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, seraaa said:

(And this is why I was a humanities person and not a science person)

Humanities people are awesome too.

Though I will always have a tiny grrrr space for the Geography teacher who wouldn't let me take it at GCSE because she didn't believe I could colour within the lines (I'm dysphraxic, but she preferred to categorise it as "clumsy and imprecise").

22 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Though I will always have a tiny grrrr space for the Geography teacher who wouldn't let me take it at GCSE because she didn't believe I could colour within the lines (I'm dysphraxic, but she preferred to categorise it as "clumsy and imprecise").

As we all know, colouring in is a vital skill for all would-be Geographers ;)

But seriously, I can't believe that she did that!  I'm sorry.

3 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Who was the girl in the airport videos (kneehigh boots and kneelength skirt)? Could she be courting JD or Josiah?

It's possible, but I find it odd she wasn't with a female chaperone. There was the unknown guy who could be her brother, but it seems to be more standard to have another female accountability buddy there too.

Of course Anna was there, but she's like a billion months pregnant and had to look after all the children (both the ones she birthed and married) so she's not the best accountability buddy. Unless Mac has been upgraded to the role of sister mum and chaperone with m5's impending arrival...

6 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Who was the girl in the airport videos (kneehigh boots and kneelength skirt)? Could she be courting JD or Josiah?

Nobody else think the Duggars have employees who cater to their every whim?

2 hours ago, 12 Hungry Safety Pins said:

Nobody else think the Duggars have employees who cater to their every whim?

Yes. But we call them J'Slaves, and they aren't paid

Not female employees catering to men folk (especially with Josh's history of being easily tempted).

OK, I enjoy the occasional thread drift, but can we draw the line at physics and aerodynamics? 

Too early, too tired, too old.

7 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

It's possible, but I find it odd she wasn't with a female chaperone. There was the unknown guy who could be her brother, but it seems to be more standard to have another female accountability buddy there too.

I agree but I have two thoughts on that.

1)They aren't actually courting, so as long as they are in a group setting their isn't a need for designated chaperones.

2) She's not a fundie/believe in the courtship model. I feel like Whitney didn't have sisters following her around. JD himself has stated that he knows they (the duggars) are different from other people when it comes to dating. So it's possible he's met a girl outside of fundies.

In all likelyhood they aren't seeing one another, but we can't rule it out ;)

^yeah but he also sounds like he still fully believes in the courting model. those "aftershow" episodes this year, JD was all like "we know we do things differently, but we try to do what will prevent the least regrets later on, that's why we court our way" etc...

On 22 August 2017 at 1:18 PM, Fundie Bunny said:

Oh god, that's pretty much what my sober physics professor explained After seeing our scared faces :pb_lol:

That's a similar reason to the one given to me by my pals pilot ex-partner!!! He knew I'm not good on planes. Pilots have a dark humour!!!

On 22 August 2017 at 7:20 PM, MadeItOut said:

That's awful. You must have gone to my school!!!!! 

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

OK, I enjoy the occasional thread drift, but can we draw the line at physics and aerodynamics? 

Too early, too tired, too old.

Sorry but I'm laughing! Who would have thought that we are learning about Planes/flying etc on a Duggar thread!!! 

I didn't understand much about the explanation. Having been politely told that Physics "probably wasn't my thing" at the end of 2nd high school year (aged12), I do concur with that particular teacher!!!!

My history teacher told me I had as much chance of passing GCE O level history as flying to the moon. I passed (barely). Later in college I got a great professor and totally loved history. Maybe I wasn't the problem.

15 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

My history teacher told me I had as much chance of passing GCE O level history as flying to the moon. I passed (barely). Later in college I got a great professor and totally loved history. Maybe I wasn't the problem.

Had a high school algebra teacher tell me the same, roughly (American, not British) - that I'd never earn anything better than a C (otherwise I was a straight-A student) in algebra/trig/calculus. Got hold of a WONDERFUL algebra professor and ACED three different algebra courses. Trigonometry? He was right. Took that D and ran with it. Calculus:  C, but it was in a class with a good curve, so I really earned an F. lol

I still remember my AP Government teacher in high school who would invite us to come in before school for extra study sessions. The day before a big test, I came in, and was shocked to find I was the only one there in the room. Still, it was good to have a one-on-one study session with the teacher. I'm a pretty bright person, but I think I worried my teacher a bit because even though I tried and kept up with the assignments in class, I really wasn't prepared for the test the next day.

He even said that to me in so many words, that he was worried I wasn't going to have a full understanding of the course work with 24 hours to go. He wasn't saying it to be mean, but to show genuine concern.

I told him, with a confident smile, that he had no idea how much I could cram into my head in 24 hours.

A few days later, I found out I got on A on the test. I remember my teacher pulling me aside as class was being dismissed that day, with him giving me a smile and chuckle. "Great work, kid. I should've listened to you," he said.

This was also during the George W. Bush era. Our class liked to come up with nicknames for politicians. Donald Rumsfeld was "Donnie Defense." 14 years that has still stuck with me.

On 23/08/2017 at 4:09 PM, SassyPants said:

Ermagerd! (OK, I really miss XGay Greg and Dede). Do we not have a Quiverfull of Science? Humanities person here, so not qualified to start one, but it would be pretty dang cool!

Why on earth would we draw the line at physics and aerodynamics? We talk about all kinds of shit, please let's not exclude science!

I hope John is courting. Perhaps she's one of the ATI/IBLF "Fishing Fleet" sent out to India  Big Sandy in a last desperate effort to catch a Godly headship? 

I hope they live in the house he earned and we get to see how a non-Duggar decorates--or have they already shown Kendra doing that? I haven't watched.

I hope they also explain if John is going for a career as a pilot or in service to a missionary organization.

But I do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT want to see a staged proposal, a faked application for a wedding license, that idiot wedding planner, anything to do with wedding planning, no wedding theme, no hot dog bar reception,  no sex talk, no nothing. A Brief clip of the wedding to set the stage then on to their new life.

As far as I know they haven't showed Kendra decorating yet, but I can guess how it's going to go: all her Duggar sisters-in-law invade. They take turns talking to the camera about how sweet Kendra is while the rest of them go on their rampage in the background. Jana has her style scheme worked out and directs the others to put furniture here or there. Joy paints a wall and talks about helping Austin flip houses. Jessa decides she doesn't like how Jana arranged the living room, so orders some of the howlers to change it around. Jill sits somewhere and happily explains to the camera that she can't do anything because she just had a baby. Jinger maybe makes a guest appearance, makes some shocked/appalled faces, and talks about when her sisters oh-so-helpfully decorated her apartment and new house. Kendra giggles nervously and is sooooooooooo grateful that she has such amaaaaazing sisters-in-law who are soooooooo sweet to help her decorate her brand new house!

JD has lost some weight. Could be a courtship or engagement announcement soon. He's a private Duggar, so I would be shocked if he's open with the media.

I get a sort of Zach Bates vibe from JD. He's so laid back, I could definitely see him marrying outside the cult, and/or living a more fundie lite lifestyle.

• Curious locked this topic

Archived