IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Pt 5: Balancing Body Humors with YL Oils

laPapessaGiovanna

I never bought Bare Minerals, but I tried similar products from Mary Kay, Avon, and a mid-range drug store brand(forgot which). None of them covered my blotchiness or shiny skin.  I had far better results with basic liquid foundation and pressed powder. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried Bare Minerals once but it made my face itch so much I drew blood from scratching it. That was not an attractive look. It's also why I use the same Clinique foundation now and never try new ones. 

Well, bless my little cotton socks!  My notifications tell me that Gabe emerged from lurkdom to upvote one of my posts back on an old thread.  That is a first.  Gabe hates me!

It might have been an accidental upvote by @Gabe but, if it is genuine, Gabe and Brigie are not on the EO bandwagon and are taking our advice to look into Young Living further before exposing the babe and pregnant Brigie to EOs indiscriminately.

That is a huge relief.

Gabe, Brigie always seemed the brightest and best of the Boyer Sisters to me.  I think you are lucky to have married her.  I hope you get more open-minded as time goes on.

Now, can you line up some of your friends to liberate Jessica and Charlotte from SAHD.  They are also talented young women who need better things to do with their time.

This was the post Gabe upvoted.  Unless he has had second thoughts.

Brigid looks beautiful! Her blog is going to be so good! I was really missing all the sewing tips and outfit posts. Don't see that anymore from the other sisters. Brigid makes such beautiful clothes for herself I can't wait to see what she makes for her baby. 

Congratulations to Brigid and Gabe! 

16 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Well, bless my little cotton socks!  My notifications tell me that Gabe emerged from lurkdom to upvote one of my posts back on an old thread.  That is a first.  Gabe hates me!

I don't hate you.

I find you annoying at times.

Wool socks are nicer :P 

@Gabe,

I don't hate you either.

You can be very annoying too.

Not in summer. ;)

Congratulations and best wishes to Brigid and the baby.  I hope all goes well.

10 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Wool socks are nicer :P 

Wool socks are itchy unless they've from a sheep sheared by my grandfather and knitted by my grandmother. ;) They're also quite slippery on hardwood floors. 

But yes congrats! Hope all goes well! 

count me in with the cotton socks, too.  now angora, that's a different story.......

and congrats to @Gabe and Brigid.

ETA:  Gabe, would you be willing to share your opinions on EOs?

The best socks are novelty socks. You know, the ones your grandma buys for you with cats or reindeer or smiley faces all over them. Or is my grandma the only one who does that? I'm currently wearing red socks with white polka dots and black Scottish Terriers. They're majestic!

@singsingsing, i'm not wearing socks right now, but i won a pair of novelty socks at an Easter-egg scavenger hunt--they're pink with taco-cats; the tacos have cat faces and cat tails.  

I have the most annoying Christmas novelty socks. They come up to my knees, they red and green striped and they have bells on them. So you can hear me jingling all the way! :D 

Brigid looks really beautiful in those photos.  I was a bit worried about how hard it must be to go from singing for her supper since she was a kid, and the family enmeshment, to living so far away, and adapting to realities of married life after all those years dreaming about it.  I am glad she's looking so well, and I hope her all the best for her pregnancy.

25 minutes ago, catlady said:

Just don't have "too much fun" in them at 2 am, like Racheal's brothers! :) 

It's ok! They're not toe socks! :P 

Congratulations, @Gabe & Brigid! Brigid looks so happy! I hope all goes well. The new blog looks good, too. 

I'm wearing white socks with cute green cat face on them. Not like this, but close:

Spoiler

catsocks2.jpg.e6d125fed14d92a5d626d879db48915b.jpg

I also have orange, brown and two blue pairs. 

I'm wearing no socks because summer and I'm a true Kentuckian who goes barefoot at every opportunity. 

Plus out power has has been out for nine hours and I'm a sweaty sticky mess. 

Also, Gabe, congratualtions to you and Brigid. I wish her a healthy pregnancy and a safe delivery. 

Brigid does look fantastic. I like her outfit too. I don't normally like yellow at all. 

Those will make nice pictures for a baby album.

Congratulations @Gabe seeing young people starting a family is fun to watch. Maybe I'm just sentimental because I dropped my eldest off at college today. And there it went in a blink of an eye.

15 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Brigid does look fantastic. I like her outfit too. I don't normally like yellow at all. 

She really does.  I like her maternity dress very much, but then I love yellow.

I am looking forward to seeing some more patterns from Brigid.  She has a lot of talent.

I buy Mr. Dress novelty socks  -- dogs holding tennis balls in their mouths, jackalopes and cacti, dart boards and darts, martinis with olives. dancing Elvis silhouettes, argyles in wild colors -- all kinds of craziness. He wears them to work with his very normal blazer/ dress pants/ dress shirt/ dress shoes, 

i buy novelty socks for Mr. CL too!  over the weekend, i was in Marshalls and found some on a clearance rack.  the brand was "Funky Socks" and had the name knitted into the pattern across the toes.  it was a three-pack with multi stripes, polka dots, and silverware--yep, knife fork and spoon.  he wore the silverware to work today.  

are Jess and Char doing anything interesting yet?

My youngest daughter got a pair of novelty knee highs for Christmas one year.  They were green, with a red band at the top and some Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer woven into the calves.  She loved them.  Her father thought they were silly, and decided to give a pair of novelty socks for her birthday as a gag gift.  So a pair of knee high socks that were striped in primary colors and had tufts of string fringe on the top joined the Rudolf socks.  Over time, she had at least a dozen pair of knee highs, the more kitschy the better.  She really loved the toe socks with little piggy's on each toe, and the pair that had little bells on them.  It became her thing at school.  Dressing down for gym becomes a lot more fun when everyone is waiting to see what your socks look like.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived