IGNORED

Pris & TFDW 6: The Lookalike Family

Coconut Flan

21 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I wonder why they didn't just get a pair for each of them instead of having to take turns? My husband picked up our 4 pairs for a dollar each at Walmart. Maybe they waited too long and had a hard time finding any?

That's my guess. I couldn't find any the week before that were affordable. 

I love Phillip's face. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Phillip may be going into the most squishable fundie category at number one! What a cutie!

That is impressive.  Go David.  I assume this was in Texas?  Even more impressive in the summer heat. 

I will give it to the Pecans. They are a physically healthy family. It shows in the children since they aren't alarmingly thin and seem to be Rosy cheeked most of the time. Priss has great skin and always seems to get back down to her prepregnancy weight so quickly. They are way healthier than many of the other fundie families we follow...

I agree with you, @JermajestyDuggar. The kids always look clean, cared-for, happy, and like they've been eating reasonably well. Also, although I can't stand their beliefs, Priss and Pecan seem to genuinely love their children as #family, not just numbers.

At least Pecan didn't wear his suit for the endurance event. It looks like he's appropriately dressed.

I must say as much as I snark on David for the things that he posts on instagram, I have to give him a whole lot of credit for this. It couldn't have been easy but I am sure that seeing Dad being so active will encourage the kids in the future. I think that they really do enjoy their children and not just as numbers. 

Big Sandy is fortunate in that they should be west of the area affected by Harvey as it tracks northeast across east Texas, Louisiana and up through Arkansas. 

51 minutes ago, Howl said:

Big Sandy is fortunate in that they should be west of the area affected by Harvey as it tracks northeast across east Texas, Louisiana and up through Arkansas. 

True. And shouldn't every fundy male who has completed ALERT training be converging on Big Sandy now to go help the Houston area?

Looking at you, Josiah Duggar. And shouldn't JD be flying them all there?

The Wallers have gotten very lucky with their pregnancy spacing if they are truly "leaving it up to god." Because if they keep this spacing up (around two years) I doubt they will have more than 8 kids since Priss was a little older than most fundies when she got married. 8 is fairly manageable in fundie land. 

25 minutes ago, gustava said:

They have sex every two years  :giggle:

More like every 15 months (9 months gestation) :kitty-wink:

Crazy that we think that is a decent amount of time between giving birth and getting pregnant again because we compare it to other fundies. Jill Rods first 4 kids were 2 sets of Irish Twins. 

On 8/28/2017 at 0:12 PM, HereticHick said:

True. And shouldn't every fundy male who has completed ALERT training be converging on Big Sandy now to go help the Houston area?

Looking at you, Josiah Duggar. And shouldn't JD be flying them all there?

Ugh...don't give them any ideas. The last thing Houston needs is to be swarmed with unprepared and unskilled "rescue" workers. 

That would be Daniel.  Eldest Keller bro.   Used to be married to Candace.  Was shunned for a while, per Candace.  Has adopted a son called Brighton.  Was really pissed at Josh and offered Anna safe haven.  She did not accept.

I had hoped that Daniel had seen through IBLP.  I sincerely hope he hasn't returned to drink the koolaid but, if he has, that might explain poor Candace having done a runner.

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

More like every 15 months (9 months gestation) :kitty-wink:

Yeah, no. That would still only necessitate sex every 2 years. :kitty-wink:

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

That would be Daniel.  Eldest Keller bro.   Used to be married to Candace.  Was shunned for a while, per Candace.  Has adopted a son called Brighton.  Was really pissed at Josh and offered Anna safe haven.  She did not accept.

I had hoped that Daniel had seen through IBLP.  I sincerely hope he hasn't returned to drink the koolaid but, if he has, that might explain poor Candace having done a runner.

I don't think he's back into IBLP. I think the Kellers and the Keller kids are all just not shunning anymore. They probably realized it's pointless now that they have two divorced children and one with a kid outside of marriage. 

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

David's post said he was there because of Hurricane Harvey --his work and his son's school are closed. To me that just means that David & Priscilla are doing the actual Christian thing of sheltering refugees

I wish Daniel and Brighton all the best. And actually Cadence, too. I don't know anything about what happened or whether she is still in the picture, but as far as I understood her background, she was also raised fundie and they went through the whole courtship process. Is that correct? Can anybody enlighten me?

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

as I understood her background, she was also raised fundie and they went through the whole courtship process. Is that correct? Can anybody enlighten me?

I thought they met when Daniel was volunteering for some sort of ministry, and she was a patient or resident of some sort - some kind of troubled youth thing? I believe his parents did not approve of the relationship. My memory is hazy, though. I have no idea if she was a fundie beforehand. I want to say no, but I'm not sure.

On 8/30/2017 at 10:48 AM, singsingsing said:

I have no idea if she was a fundie beforehand. I want to say no, but I'm not sure.

Not raised Fundie.  Candice visited us here back in 2012 shortly after she and Daniel adopted Brighton.  

And, yes, I do think it was the real Candice.  She was pissed!  She got some good advice about how to keep her social media accounts private, but I think some people (most now inactive) were rather too harsh.

Brighton is her son but also her nephew (her brother's child and the mother couldn't keep him) and the adoption was private.

The Kellers did not approve of the marriage initially.  Obviously things did get a bit better as she has been photographed with the family at weddings.  Daniel and Candice were also on a family retreat with all the other Keller siblings and their spouses (except Pris) just before the Pecans got married, IIRC.  

I hope Candice is OK today and still has access to Brighton.  She really seemed to love him.  I suppose we still haven't confirmed whether she and Daniel have separated or divorced.

So, from the horse's mouth in 2012: 

They didnt really like me from the start because I wasnt raised in that cult they r in. They tried to make Daniel end it w me, but obviously that didnt work ;) Um.. They really started not talking to us when we left "the ministry". Daniel got a secular job instead of following in his dads shoes and being a prison missionary. Then the more they found out about us not living like they do, they just quit talking to us.. They still havent given us a reason as to why they want nothing to do with us. Daniel wants to go down there one day and try to get it out of his dad.. so.. No things have NOT gotten better. At all.. but its not our fault. We accept them as they are, all weird and crazy, but they cannot accept us. lol

Her first post on that thread is here.  She posted 30 times:

She's wrong about the meaning of Brighton.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived