IGNORED

Counting on Season Four, Part 6

samurai_sarah

Next season looks, equally as boring. However, Jeremy saying "Parenting is hard!" Um, yeah. Understatement! 

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea what I wore on my wedding night, which is weird, because I only got married in May 2016. I know I was exhausted and we left for our honeymoon the next day. Don't remember what I wore the first evening of our honeymoon, either. Probably something comfy. I did bring lots of lingerie on the trip, but don't recall actually wearing any of it to bed.

TMI alert: Our honeymoon was awesome, but the advice from my gyn. about skipping the placebo week on the BC was NOT. I began my marriage with over a month of bleeding. ughhh

10 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Wonder if Ben raps in the shower?:laughing-jumpingpurple:

There is something very endearing about Ben, I don't know why but I can't help but like him.  He seems to recognize all that Jessa does and doesn't care if he is bossed around. he is in over his head, but its clear he loves her. 

I can't with the Babe Lovely thing.  Can we not have a different nickname for our spouses?  Why do you need to call each other the same thing?  For the record I call my hubby "honey" and he calls me "boo"

Not even a hint of Jinger and Jeremy and a "special announcement" at this point either.

Ben is so goofy (in a good for a fundie kind of way).  

12 minutes ago, luxfilia said:

TMI alert: Our honeymoon was awesome, but the advice from my gyn. about skipping the placebo week on the BC was NOT. I began my marriage with over a month of bleeding. ughhh

That's horrible!!  I would go nuts if that happened to me. 

Just now, Jana814 said:

That's horrible!!  I would go nuts if that happened to me. 

Thanks for the sympathy. It sucked! But we had an amazing trip to Northern California that took my mind off of it. :D

My guess is they were allowed to watch Gilligan's Island." Lovey" is what Thurston Howell the 3rd called his wife. It's better than Baaaaaaabe.

Oh and I kinda find it IRONIC that now Ben's new interest is drawing and art..........just like Jeremy?  This kid seems to be going through a huge spectrum of things to find out who he is , unfortunately he seems to latch on other people's interests. I bet he will be rock climbing and hang gliding next. 

Obviously they haven't figured out Daphne's father Dr. Oz is a follower of the muslim faith. 

Dr. Oz is a Muslim who practices Sufi Islam because of its focus on spirituality. His wife is a Protestant who follows the works of the Christian theologian Emanuel Swedenborg, which is also revered by Sufi Muslims because of the similarities on a philosophical level

8 hours ago, karen77 said:

I find the warnings on the food labels hilarious.

No kidding. That's really funny. I can't imagine what he thinks of how the Duggars eat. 

Was able to watch on live TV, vs DVR.   My Snark.

After introducing everyone by their first name, Dalphne Oz states…. “The Duggers”  .   

Hmmm.  Wonder what the headships of the Ben, Austin and Jeremy think of being labelled as a group  as “The Duggers” ?

Ewww, Boob & Mullet made an appearance by bringing in the cuties Spurge and Hank !   You go Spurge yank on Mullet’s hair.  When Spurge wanders off it figures Jana beats Bin to Spurge, God forbid Mullet or Boob get up to get him.  Aaaannnnddd Jana proceeds to hold him on her lap.

Now Mullet is talking and I am trying to tune her out. Now the stupid Boob is talking about 200 grandkids.  Can’t stand him.  Jeremy doesn’t appear to be too thrilled to be called the son of the Boob.    

Are you serious, a questionnaire for future spouses!  Why are they continuing to interview Boob & Mullet ?   Oh  thank Rufus,  they left.

Joy seems like a total horn dog. You go Joy !  

Kendra’s Dad is one hot fundie.   NIKE !  Very defrauding. He also such a weirdo, stating something about I am not going to stop what he Lord is doing, when Joe asks to court Kendra.  Who says that ?  Well I guess the hot fundie Dad does. Joe & Kendra seem too young, to be engaged, however,  seems to me they are well matched.

HaHaa, Jessa & Bin tried to cheat playing the newlywed game. If they ask any question about Honeymoon, Bin was suppose to answer Rome ! What cheaters !    

Me thinks Jeremy is realizing he married an insecure teenager.

Meet the Putmans, some serious fuckery.  I can’t even.  The Duggers are MY reality family and the Bates are my red headed step child family. Right now there is no room in my heart for the Putmans.  So don't tempt me TLC.  

I do have a new level of respect for the Bin for educating the Duggars about GMOs, and healthy eating.  Maybe he can influence the TTH to eat healthier and hoping the lost girls’ diet improves.

6 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

I do have a new level of respect for the Bin for educating the Duggars about GMOs, and healthy eating.  Maybe he can influence the TTH to eat healthier and hoping the lost girls’ diet improves.

I to have a new level of respect for Bin for "educating" the Duggars about GMOs.

A lower one. 

I didn't mean you people what you wore 

lol 

I meant what did they wear 

new question 

how many hours was your reception otherwise to much TMI 

Wait, what did Ben say about GMO's? That's one of the issues with the largest gap between the opinion of scientists, almost all of whom think that GMO's are safe to eat, and the general public, who tend to be scared of GMO's without knowing the facts.

14 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

Me thinks Jeremy is realizing he married an insecure teenager.

What he thought was meekness was a HUGE case of insecurity, because she had no way of building any confidence , as it was stripped away, or not allowed to develop because she could not pursue who she was inside. 

17 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

Ben's new interest is drawing and art...

He's been doing art since before they got married.  They've had some on the show.

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

He's been doing art since before they got married.  They've had some on the show.

I do remember Ben drawing / sketching during their courtship and engagement.  IMHO he seemed decent at it.  He couldn't wrap a present but he could draw and sketch.  Ben's kinda growing on me.  Or maybe it's that D-wreck is such a wreck that in comparison he has make Ben look good. 

13 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

Ben's kinda growing on me. 

I was just thinking after watching one of the more recent episodes that it seems like he's actually matured quite a bit since having Spurgeon. I used to not be able to tolerate watching him (and I definitely didn't think he and Jessa would work together), but now he sounds much more coherent when he speaks. And I honestly think he and Jessa seem pretty well-balanced and happy together as a couple, even after already having 2 kids.

It still kind of blows my mind that Austin is older than Ben.  I'm still shocked how Ok these people are with getting marred at 18. 

37 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Wait, what did Ben say about GMO's? That's one of the issues with the largest gap between the opinion of scientists, almost all of whom think that GMO's are safe to eat, and the general public, who tend to be scared of GMO's without knowing the facts.

There's a really interesting nexflix bill Nye episode about this.

8 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

There's a really interesting nexflix bill Nye episode about this.

Yeah, I've been to see Neil DeGrasse Tyson and he goes ON about GMOs too. :)

Obviously they haven't figured out Daphne's father Dr. Oz is a follower of the muslim faith.  Dr. Oz is a Muslim who practices Sufi Islam because of its focus on spirituality. His wife is a Protestant who follows the works of the Christian theologian Emanuel Swedenborg, which is also revered by Sufi Muslims because of the similarities on a philosophical level

So when Dr. Oz procreates, Daphne is the result? Makes sense.

I had no idea anyone still followed or was interested in Swedenborg.  That's astounding. He was a favorite of William Blake's...though I doubt the Duggars would approve of that.

ETA: I LOVE that Ben roams around the Duggars' hoard of food and leaves warning notes on things. Personally I hope he's focusing on the high fructose corn syrup and other suspect ingredients, but as long as he's raising some awareness about nutrition, I'm happy.  And what a sneaky, snarky way to go about it.  pb_lol.gif  Good show, Ben!

I like hearing Ben and Jesse are trying to eat better and I bet Ben spends a lot of time in the Duggar pantry marking things :giggle:

Those newlywed game answers really put a spotlight on the reasons courtship and side hugs and chaperones are sad and weird. Almost every one of them said "being alone together" was the best part of the honeymoon (or was it being married? I forget already) and things like saying I love you and holding hands were the best thing about being engaged. I'm a heathen who married my high school sweetheart and I just cannot imagine never being alone with my partner until we were already married, or never holding hands until we had already committed to marry. No wonder these people all seem so emotionally stunted. 

Oh my word. I was thinking that this Daphne person was Dr. PHIL'S daughter this whole time! I got him and Dr. Oz confused. Lordy. Not sure which is worse.

• Curious locked this topic

Archived