onekidanddone
On 7/30/2017 at 10:31 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

I'm still pissed about Pluto...

Poor Pluto can't sit at the cool solar system's table any more.

• Upvote 12
  • Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rachel333

• Carm_88

• nst

• HarryPotterFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go Joy.

#*&$^@#*$.  Ok, you all have awoken the grumpy astronomer.  Pluto's not a planet and shouldn't be- here's the short explanation, and you can appreciate Pluto more for it.  (And if you think I'm bi

Ok here is my attempt at a recap. Please be patient with me, I wrote this on my phone while sneezing. It's super long fyi.      I forgot to mention that Ben goes into the Duggar p

Posted Images

GoddessOfVictory

Seeing Pluto at the bottom of this nearly brought me to tears.

Planets.jpg

• Upvote 31
SapphireSlytherin
10 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

Planets.jpg

That's the saddest thing. :(

• Upvote 19
HarryPotterFan
15 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Hey now - I'm going to the (non-existent) play next month!!!!

I went in May! 

• Upvote 3
bashfulpixie
19 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

That makes me so sad!!  Poor little Pluto

• Upvote 10
cascarones

While quite unrelated, it is Duggary in a way. We've been testing out different churches, trying to find a fit. Other half keeps filling out the cards and it turns out some churches are into social media stalking folks and now want to use a celebration photo of his as an example of "appropriate indulgence." 

Seriously? This is appropriate indulgence? But it reminds me of those massive chocolate shake things the Duggars always post pictures of, so I figured I'd share!

FullSizeR1.jpg

• Upvote 8
backyard sylph
12 hours ago, cascarones said:

.Seriously? This is appropriate indulgence? But it reminds me of those massive chocolate shake things the Duggars always post pictures of, so I figured I'd share.

Did you eat that? It looks tricky.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Snipped quote.
  • Upvote 6
Carm_88
8 hours ago, guitar_villain said:

It's a friendly and happy dwarf that likes to share.  But then again, what do you expect from a dwarf planet with a heart?

All I can hear now is Bob Ross "Happy little trees." :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 14
cascarones
26 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

Did you eat that? It looks tricky.

I'm not an ice cream person, probably lactose intolerant, to some level, but I enjoyed a bit of marshmallows and smore! He's a stubborn thing and determinedly ate the rest of it as if it was one of the food challenges that catch his fancy from time to time. Completely unashamed about gnawing the stuck on marshmallows off the glass, while I'm wondering why they don't have wet naps like rib places or a bathroom to wash your hands.

Goodness, now I just want to see some sort of crazy Duggar food eating competition.  Tater tot casserole, Tacos 4 life, the gallon ice cream team challenge for charity.

• Upvote 9
backyard sylph
1 hour ago, cascarones said:

He's a stubborn thing and determinedly ate the rest of it as if it was one of the food challenges that catch his fancy from time to time. Completely unashamed about gnawing the stuck on marshmallows off the glass, while I'm wondering why they don't have wet naps like rib places or a bathroom to wash your hands..

Good for him!

I would probably just like the toasted marshmallows, but I bet I'd be wearing most of it in the end.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Snipped quote.
  • Upvote 5
MoonFace
On 7/27/2017 at 11:13 AM, Million Children For Jesus said:

It probably depends where you live. I would never be able to find a denim skirt, new or used, in my area. I think some of their skirts are cute, and wonder if they are buying them new. If I wore a denim skirt, my friends and family would definitely give me side eye and a "WTF are you wearing?" but I think some of them are okay looking. Am I losing it from too much Duggar exposure, or do you guys think some of the skirts are okay?

The five oldest Duggar girls are showing knees now, correct? 

ETA: How do I create a hidden content box?

Hide contents

image.jpeg

WOW - the difference in before and NOW Jinger is amazing.   

By the way, it looks like someone altered a pair of jeans to make her skirt - just cut the legs up the inseam and added a  panel. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Bad Wolf

That kind of skirt was big in the 60s. It needs a bit more tailoring in the crotch.

• Upvote 4
zcccrv

Please forgive my shameless self promotion but on the topic of Pluto, I have a bunch of products designed on Zazzle with the theme.

pluto pillow.jpg

• Upvote 11
Million Children For Jesus
9 hours ago, MoonFace said:

By the way, it looks like someone altered a pair of jeans to make her skirt - just cut the legs up the inseam and added a  panel. 

I think you're right. There's a company called Love My Jean Skirt that has been shown gifting the Duggars skirts. The lady who owns the company makes the skirts from upcycled old jeans. They're very inexpensive for an American sewn product. 

8 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

That kind of skirt was big in the 60s. It needs a bit more tailoring in the crotch.

Ehhhh gads, once you pointed it out, I can't stop seeing it. How did I miss that? I actually sew quite a bit, and I hate that I am really creative when it comes to ideas, but I absolutely suck at "quality control." I see the big picture and miss all the details. So frustrating. 

• Upvote 6
Audrey2

Guess I'll weigh in with my Pluto story. I was at Sasquan (WorldCon Science Fiction/Fantasy Convention, held in Spokane in 2015). Guy Consolmagno, the Vatican Astronomer, who chaired  the committee (The Division for Planetary Sciences of the American Astronomical Society) that declared that Pluto was no longer a planet was the Science Guest of Honor. At each of his panels he was on, whenever he mentioned that he was on the committee that demoted Pluto, he was booed. 

• Upvote 12
CoveredInBees

@cascarones I can't begin to guess how many calories must be in that. I always think those type of desserts/milkshakes must be made for social media because surely no-one could actually manage to eat it (except Adam from Man V Food).

• Upvote 7
VelociRapture

I had my own version of (Wo)Man v. Food last night. Husband accidentally got me a giant cup of vanilla ice cream with walnuts ad fudge. I guess he said two scoops instead of one or something. Anyways, he told me not to eat all of it, which was silly because it's ice cream and you don't deny me ice cream.

I ate it all and regret nothing.

• Upvote 31
justoneoftwo
16 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Don't like the new Man V Food guy. But I understand why Adam left, miss him!

What?  When did he leave?  (I stopped watching TV but I loved him!) What happened?

CoveredInBees

I saw him do a TV interview a year or so ago (plugging a tour of the UK I think) and he said he left because it just wasn't good for his weight/health

I haven't seen the new bloke, I'll have to google him. 

• Upvote 3
Season of life...
On 8/6/2017 at 8:33 PM, GoddessOfVictory said:

Don't feel too badly for Pluto--he's the shiznit!

tumblr_otgjkxdPsw1u9h3vso1_500.jpg

• Upvote 18
  • Curious locked this topic