IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 1: Front Hugging Before Courting

Coconut Flan

I'm calling it. Tori/Bobby are engaged. Carlin/Evan and Josie/Kelton are courting. Also, didn't someone mention that Katie has a private Instagram. I wonder if that means she has a special friend. Except for Lawson, it seems all of the others got social media accounts just before we found out they were in a relationship.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carlin and Evan have been holding hands for awhile. I think we may have also seen Josie and Kelton holding hands at this point? I might be remembering that part wrong though.......Kelton is really hamming it up on insta for the Bates fame lol. She is so out of his league. 

I think Evan has asked Gil about courtship, probably discussed it several times, and Gil has (somehow magically been a good parent and) said no, they are both immature for a "serious" relationship. They've been "special friends"/bf&gf for awhile now though, do we have a guestimate at how long? 

I'm guessing Tori/Bobby engaged in this fall & married next summer. Carlin & Evan courting at some point in between. Josie & Kelton courting this winter when she finishes her cosmetology program, engaged & married not long after. 

2 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Carlin and Evan have been holding hands for awhile. I think we may have also seen Josie and Kelton holding hands at this point? I might be remembering that part wrong though.......Kelton is really hamming it up on insta for the Bates fame lol. She is so out of his league. 

I think Evan has asked Gil about courtship, probably discussed it several times, and Gil has (somehow magically been a good parent and) said no, they are both immature for a "serious" relationship. They've been "special friends"/bf&gf for awhile now though, do we have a guestimate at how long? 

I'm guessing Tori/Bobby engaged in this fall & married next summer. Carlin & Evan courting at some point in between. Josie & Kelton courting this winter when she finishes her cosmetology program, engaged & married not long after. 

Given how hard Kelly pushed Michael and Brandon, and Tori and Bobby, I'd be surprised if Gil was saying no. Carlin and Evan don't seem very mature at all. Kelton doesn't seem mature at all either. Tori so far seemed the only one mature when she said she wanted to wait until after she graduate to get engaged. While her sisters seemed shocked at the idea. Imagine that waiting until after graduating.

1 hour ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Given how hard Kelly pushed Michael and Brandon, and Tori and Bobby, I'd be surprised if Gil was saying no. Carlin and Evan don't seem very mature at all. Kelton doesn't seem mature at all either.   (...)

Yeah, but Michael and Brandon waited to get married (engaged? I can't remember specifically) until after Brandon finished whatever training he was doing and had a secure job in Chicago. 

When Tori and Bobby started courting, Bobby was the one all gung-ho for it & Gil was more hesitant, made them "get to know each other" for awhile before they entered courtship. Kelly's only been egging them on since they began courting, thankfully Tori has been sensible about finishing school so far.

I think Gil and Kelly can tell that Evan isn't able to support a family yet & Carlin would be more likely to abandon/slack on her education if she were to get married halfway through --- and the $$ independence is important to Gil and education is important to Kelly, it seems to me. They seemed to have learned from courtship to courtship and do actually care about what their kids are getting in to. Especially since Carlin/Evan have been an unofficial couple for so long, you know as soon as they start courting it's gonna be bam-bam-bam married...

I could see Josie and her boo going on a faster track if they work out, even though she's younger and he seems like the ultimate fame-whore dude-bro.....at least she's studying something she's passionate about and will be done soon, while he has a degree (finance) and has been working all through college (family plumbing company, with plans to further his practical skills + put his degree to use on the business side). Maybe not married *before* Carlin, but "sooner" on the time frame. 

I agree with the speculation is that Carlin and Evan aren't engaged yet because he doesn't have a good enough plan to support a family yet. Yes, there was one picture of him "working" at a hospital reception desk  in the past--we have no idea if he still has that job, or if it was paid to begin with. I have noticed no references to work (or higher education) on his social media.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:00 PM, klabourdeth said:

For some reason at this angle the guy in the white shirt is giving some very serious Chuck Bass vibes 

Oh look. Its attack of the posing boys. Which one of them will own the Instagram more? 

On 28.8.2017 at 4:33 AM, JordynDarby5 said:

Given how hard Kelly pushed Michael and Brandon, and Tori and Bobby, I'd be surprised if Gil was saying no. Carlin and Evan don't seem very mature at all. Kelton doesn't seem mature at all either. Tori so far seemed the only one mature when she said she wanted to wait until after she graduate to get engaged. While her sisters seemed shocked at the idea. Imagine that waiting until after graduating.

Maturity doesn't seem to play a huge role in the upbringing of a lot of fundie families. Especially when it comes to girls who are supposed to stay under their fathers authorities until they get transfered to their husbands and have to obey and follow them without asking questions.

52 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Maturity doesn't seem to play a huge role in the upbringing of a lot of fundie families. Especially when it comes to girls who are supposed to stay under their fathers authorities until they get transfered to their husbands and have to obey and follow them without asking questions.

It really doesn't. All that matters is getting married. It doesn't matter how immature the girls are or the boys are their courting. But this is somehow better then letting couples date.  Letting Evan and Carlin date or court and see where it goes, if they'll grow as couple or find out they don't have anything in common and move on. So many of the couples are very much like first crushes in your teens. The crushes, the gifts, and fun. Except they have to marry that person. Do any of these girls ever wake up and really wonder if they actually love the person their courting? Or if its just the fun of a first crush, a boy liking them and/or finally getting individual attention from someone? 

I don't think they could even think about be in love with the person they marry one beacuse what alle example did they have? This is their first and only experince plus they are very Young. Two i think that after the baby start to arrive and the years pass they are just so use to be with that person that they don't even question to themself if they are in love. 

In the end even if they will find out that there is better option out there, what could they do, left the family, the Church and everything they know for what? 

Is all very sad, and so usless, i mean what is the final goal? Create an army for God? And what after? 

The final goal is indeed to have as many kids (soldiers) for god. It is not important wether you feel loved or wether you are happy with your life. And when it comes to the point that you have a 5 kids under 5 with another on the way you are probably too exhausted to really make up your mind.

I'm sure Carlin is in a rush to get married because her best friend Joy Duggar just did so. I don't think she cares that Evan is immature, fame seeing, and probably unable to support a family.

My guess is that Tori gets married before she finishes college. I can't see those two waiting much longer now that Bobby has graduated. It is appalling that he will be leaving his parents' beautiful house in the gated community in Tampa to move into that tiny camper.  He may end up having some regrets about marrying into the Bates family and dealing with all that nonsense. His only hope is to take Tori back to Florida and start a life there.

On 8/27/2017 at 7:20 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Hmm....looking at the post by Lily/Ellie on their blog....and depending on this week's BUB episode, I may amend my predictions  haha. I'll stick with Tori and Bobby getting engaged in October (maybe after she finishes midterms or goes on fall break?) but they could have a winter-break wedding, depending on how his saving-up-and-finding-a-place-to-live goes! 

Carlin I have a harder time picturing as married within the next year, she is still way to stereotypical teenage girl :pb_rollseyes:. She's going into her...2nd year of college? She doesn't seem like the studious sort to persevere through with school AND a husband she's obsessed with AND probably a baby....but who knows. 

Carlin and Evan, Tori and Bobby, Josie and Kelton... The Bateses are going to catch up with the Duggars soon in terms of married couples. I am still in awe at how quickly these young couples marry. 

Since trace le has a pubblic instagram and there was rumore about Katie having a special friend i think soon  the Bates will beat the  Duggar in # of married kids  

10 hours ago, wandering woman said:

He may end up having some regrets about marrying into the Bates family and dealing with all that nonsense. His only hope is to take Tori back to Florida and start a life there.

Were Tori and Alyssa close? Maybe John and her can talk some sense into them and convince them to live in FL.

I don't think Katie's got a special friend. Firstly she's 16.

Secondly, all her older siblings (except Tori, Nathan and kind of Zach) use Instagram.  I would say many of her friends also use Instagram. They all regularly posts photos and probably talk about all things Instagram all the time. So naturally, you want in on that too. 

We know Carlin and Josie seem to have gotten Instagram well in advance of them having a special friend or being in a courtship. 

Quite frankly, Katie could be the oldest girl still at home by her 18th birthday. Private social media to keep in touch with those friends and family seems like a fair thing to have. 

8 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

I don't think Katie's got a special friend. Firstly she's 16.

Secondly, all her older siblings (except Tori, Nathan and kind of Zach) use Instagram.  

Tori doesn't use Instagram? 

7 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Tori doesn't use Instagram? 

She has no public account, nor a private one in her name. It is possible she has a private account in a false name, but if you look at who her siblings and boyfriend follow it doesn't seem like it.

Seeing as how Josie had a "special friend" at 17, it's not all that hard to believe that Katie has one at 16. The Bates who have social media, got those accounts shortly before a relationship went public. Lawson has an account because of his career. Carlin had been "getting to know" Evan for over a year. That means her relationship pre-dates her Instagram account. Same for Josie and Kelton.

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Seeing as how Josie had a "special friend" at 17, it's not all that hard to believe that Katie has one at 16. The Bates who have social media, got those accounts shortly before a relationship went public. Lawson has an account because of his career. Carlin had been "getting to know" Evan for over a year. That means her relationship pre-dates her Instagram account. Same for Josie and Kelton.

Well I stand corrected.

I sincerely hope we're wrong about her having a special friend then. Tori, Carlin, Josie and Katie could all marry and start having kids within very quick succession, and that is scary given none of them are older than 21.

They seem to be rushing them into these relationships younger and younger. It's kind of scary (not that they're dating or even in serious relationships, that's totally normal, but that it's expected to lead to marriage within a year or so). I keep a spreadsheet of the Duggar and Bates families, and I mark everyone's relationship status as soon as they hit 16. I fully expect we'll see a 16-year-old with a 'special friend' before long. Some of them have started courting at 17, so it's not a huge leap.

I hope we're wrong too. 16 is too young to be thinking about marriage and babies. What's worse is the parents pushing it.

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

. I keep a spreadsheet of the Duggar and Bates families, and I mark everyone's relationship status as soon as they hit 16. I fully expect we'll see a 16-year-old with a 'special friend' before long. Some of them have started courting at 17, so it's not a huge leap.

Its interesting.  The Duggar girls (with the exception of Joy) were all older. 

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

They seem to be rushing them into these relationships younger and younger. It's kind of scary (not that they're dating or even in serious relationships, that's totally normal, but that it's expected to lead to marriage within a year or so). I keep a spreadsheet of the Duggar and Bates families, and I mark everyone's relationship status as soon as they hit 16. I fully expect we'll see a 16-year-old with a 'special friend' before long. Some of them have started courting at 17, so it's not a huge leap.

Was Marjorie Jackson 16 or 17 when she started courting Josiah? I guess I would presume she was "special friends" with him at age 16

10 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Mind, Josie was also already doing college at 17. I don't think they'd let any of their kids pursue a relationship over finishing their home-school, so Katie's likely not got herself a suitor *yet*. She's still a few months shy of 17, and my guestimate would be that this is her last "year" of homeschool, based on Josie having "graduated" a full year ago. I think the finishing homeschool thing is important to Kelly. 

Carlin has been getting to know Evan over a year, and her first instagram post was from May of '16, so we do not know for sure her relationship predates her social media. We do not know how long Josie has had her special friend, just that Kelton apparently said he was interested in Josie for awhile before they became special friends. Josie's instagram is private but she has made comments on Carlin's photos as 40+ weeks ago. Katie has also had a (private) insta for at least several months. 

• Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived