Seewalds 24 - Bought the House from Grandma

choralcrusader8613

Is Jessa in Tennessee or is this an older picture? [emoji848]

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read they were in Tennessee somewhere yesterday 

I could be wrong 

she didn't tell me when she checked in and told me her schedule for next week :D

4 minutes ago, nst said:

I read they were in Tennessee somewhere yesterday 

I could be wrong 

she didn't tell me when she checked in and told me her schedule for next week :D

The Spurgie in the pool picture looks like they are at a hotel or condo complex. Are they visiting the Bates for some reason?

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

The Spurgie in the pool picture looks like they are at a hotel or condo complex. Are they visiting the Bates for some reason?

They could be, but Pigeon Forge (the location tagged in that picture of Jessa) is over an hour away from Rocky Top (where the Bates live).

Is it just me (if this is recent picture) or does Jessa look like she's lost a little bit of weight? She looks really good! 

59 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

over an hour away

It may be the closest hotel that had availability? I have no problem with an hour's drive for anything. :)

44 minutes ago, kachuu said:

Is it just me (if this is recent picture) or does Jessa look like she's lost a little bit of weight? She looks really good! 

I also thought so, maybe she got rid of the baby weight.

I like that Spurg is wearing normal swimtrunks and not the full-body outfit, like Izzy was wearing last year. Maybe just a swimming-diaper would have been enough but this is already a big step forward.

I like that Spurg is wearing the normal swim trunks, too, but seriously? They don't have anything that might fit him better? I have visions of them ballooning up and floating him off in some weird, dangerous position in the water..

4 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I like that Spurg is wearing the normal swim trunks, too, but seriously? They don't have anything that might fit him better? I have visions of them ballooning up and floating him off in some weird, dangerous position in the water..

To be fair, she did say that she was borrowing them since they didn't have Spurgeon's trunks with them.

And to be fair, I can't recall what Izzy was wearing, but when we swim outside for my son, rather than lather the sunscreen on, I put a swim top on him, the SPF ones, so it looks like a t-shirt with his swim trunks, but it's on purpose. Inside swimming, obviously not needed!

And I never let my kids swim in just a diaper, weird.

18 hours ago, Bethella said:

Based on the photos from one of the M-boy's birthday in June, Josh and Anna are living in the Siloam Springs house that was "sold" to an LLC right before Josh went to Jesus Jail.

The only trashed house I remember them fixing up was Jilly's mansion which was sold in 2015, but Lord knows the Duggars have enough other properties.

Which is Siloam Springs--is that the one they supposedly moved to from DC?

They went into a small rental of Grandmas (iirc), not the house J/A and J/Ben have lived in.  They shoveled out all kinds of trash. It was about the same size as Ben/J's house.

31 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I like that Spurg is wearing normal swimtrunks and not the full-body outfit, like Izzy was wearing last year. Maybe just a swimming-diaper would have been enough but this is already a big step forward.

We've already discussed this extensively on this and other threads--but more and more Americans (and Australians) are wearing "full body" swimwear ("swimshirts" or "rashies" or "rashguards") for sun protection reasons, not for modesty reasons. 

If you see an American person of any age or gender, wearing anything that looks like this:

https://www.landsend.com/products/boys-rash-guard/id_263435_5:59

It is much more likely to be for sun protection than for modesty or religious reasons.

[PS I see that you are the Netherlands. Keep in mind that in the United States, we get many many more hours of sun exposure than you do. Here's a comparative map of sun duration in Europe vs. the United States: vYpbh.png

Just wanted to comment that I find it rather odd that he is out there without sun protection. As a child I always had a shirt on at the beach or in the garden. Not those fancy UV shirts we have today, a normal one. But it adds a bit of protection. Now I usually wear a long sleeve UV shirt. I don't burn easily, but I feel saver with it. 

See that yellow spot in South Germany? That is where I live. :lol:

22 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Which is Siloam Springs--is that the one they supposedly moved to from DC?

Yes, Siloam Springs is the one they purchased and remodeled when they came back from DC. It was transferred to an LLC a day or two before Josh went to Jesus Jail but a picture with Josh, Anna and one of the boys from his birthday in June matched a renovation picture. So we're pretty sure that's where they're living. 

1 hour ago, kachuu said:

The picture BlessaYourHeart posted is from when Jessa and Ben went on a tripe date for an etiquette dinner during their courtship  (I could not find the episode, but's here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id6cN8ce9Sg).

And yes, I know this is completely useless knowledge, but somehow this stuck in my mind :my_biggrin:

59 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

We've already discussed this extensively on this and other threads--but more and more Americans (and Australians) are wearing "full body" swimwear ("swimshirts" or "rashies" or "rashguards") for sun protection reasons, not for modesty reasons. 

If you see an American person of any age or gender, wearing anything that looks like this:

https://www.landsend.com/products/boys-rash-guard/id_263435_5:59

It is much more likely to be for sun protection than for modesty or religious reasons.

[PS I see that you are the Netherlands. Keep in mind that in the United States, we get many many more hours of sun exposure than you do. Here's a comparative map of sun duration in Europe vs. the United States: vYpbh.png

Thats true though but I do think Jill and Derrick dressed Izzy that way for modesty.

And for swimming outside we usually go to Italy, Spain or Greece here. Although I wouldn't expect that most the US would top that.

Those damn UV protection swim shirts don't have a big enough head hole. Last year I had difficulty finding one that could fit over my gianormous head.

On July 20, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Daisy0322 said:

Does anyone else think it's sketchy all this buying houses and moving property ownership around is happening all at once? 

I don't think its sketchy. Jimboob owns a lot of real estate, so he buys and sells property all the time. Sometimes his kids benefit from all of it.

I think that all this swapping is just title/deed transfer, possibly for tax/trust purposes. I am dubious that actual money is changing hands. JB is shrewd about dividing up his assets. 

Maybe Grandma Mary is getting her estate in order and trying to provide for some grandkids- specifically Amy. Jessa can use her property value to qualify for another bigger place- as folks said previously. You have to give JB a few props- he's a huckster for sure and a sell out...but the Duggars thrive. They were in better shape than the Bates years ago and they still are financially.

On 7/20/2017 at 11:45 AM, Daisy0322 said:

Does anyone else think it's sketchy all this buying houses and moving property ownership around is happening all at once? 

Sketchy?...Kind of like all these internet strangers looking up all their business on the internet?

:text-lol:

Jessa looks SO YOUNG in that picture in the Pancake Cabin. It seems like she might have lost weight or is just wearing something larger than usual, perhaps a unisex fit tshirt and the jean skirt (that I can't vividly recall for quite a while on her) brings her back to a "younger" time in her fashion life.

Something in her face makes her look younger which is weird because normally (in my opinion) a thinner face makes you look older, and I think in her case it's the opposite. 

2 minutes ago, hand holder said:

Jessa looks SO YOUNG in that picture in the Pancake Cabin. It seems like she might have lost weight or is just wearing something larger than usual, perhaps a unisex fit tshirt and the jean skirt (that I can't vividly recall for quite a while on her) brings her back to a "younger" time in her fashion life.

I think it might also be the hair and makeup. Her hair looks more natural and uncurled, and it doesn't look like she's wearing any makeup (or very little). She does look very youthful and relaxed.

On 7/19/2017 at 11:56 PM, 2manyKidzzz said:

So many houses. So many Duggars.

But so little common sense...

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived