IGNORED

Seewalds 24 - Bought the House from Grandma

choralcrusader8613

9 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Man, am I confused. Didn't Benessa have a small, two bedroom house/ Did they move into a slightly larger two bedroom house? At the rate she's producing kids, and don't forget, they want to ADOPT, that'll never be big enough for long!!

Exactly, these reasons and the fact that Jessa has already been looking for houses, make me think that they are going to maybe do some more work on the house and then sell it. 

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, karen77 said:

What is a warranty deed vs a quit claim deed?

https://www.rocketlawyer.com/article/what-is-a-warranty-deed-vs-a-quit-claim-deed-ps.rl 

This link describes the difference very well.

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Some posters are speculating that Benessa will sell the house in order to get a down payment for a bigger place, but we don't actually know.

I can't imagine they would sell to anyone outside the family, with the way the Duggars control their real estate.

Perhaps Benessa could put on an addition. That could be covered on Counting On and thus be paid for by TLC. They could bring in the Wilson family and start the teasing hints of upcoming courtships for 2 sets of twins and Siah. Not sure on the eligible Wilsons... 

2 minutes ago, Markie said:

Perhaps Benessa could put on an addition. That could be covered on Counting On and thus be paid for by TLC. They could bring in the Wilson family and start the teasing hints of upcoming courtships for 2 sets of twins and Siah. Not sure on the eligible Wilsons... 

a new storyline of course - an addition on the top or the side because they need to sell the house and get a bigger one because storyline Jessa is pregnant and scared.... it will never end. 

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

So they must still get along with/look out for Amy, right?

I'm wondering if some sort of deal was worked out by GM Mary and part of it was that Amy got a house. Hmmmm. 

20 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I just realized my coworker has the exact same glasses as Biiiiiiiin. Thursday musings with jerkit.

He wears glasses, that's how you know he's S-M-R-T.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Does anyone else think it's sketchy all this buying houses and moving property ownership around is happening all at once? 

5 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Does anyone else think it's sketchy all this buying houses and moving property ownership around is happening all at once? 

I was actually wondering if some big thing is going to happen and the real estate shifts are to hide/lessen the financial impact, or if taxes are due/overdue and this is a way to lessen the tax load.

43 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

It's also possible that they've been considering the changes for a while, and just decided to file all of the paperwork at the same time. I'm not sure how much work the actual transfers are in Arkansas, but they might have just taken all of the documents in at once rather than having to make multiple trips?

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I just spent way too much time on the property site.

So - has anyone else seen that Grandma Duggar bought the house that was just "sold" to the Seewalds from a family named Ruark? Isn't Ruark DQ's maiden name? Any relation? Has this already been discussed?

Yes, that's Me-chelle's maiden name.

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

So - has anyone else seen that Grandma Duggar bought the house that was just "sold" to the Seewalds from a family named Ruark? Isn't Ruark DQ's maiden name? Any relation? Has this already been discussed?

Those are Michelle's parents, Garrett and Ethel Ruark.

I bet Jessa and Bin are gonna sell that one and get a bigger house. WIth two kids, and many more to follow, they will need a larger place. 

Who is currently living in the big one that Jill and Derrick had?

5 minutes ago, buggers said:

Who is currently living in the big one that Jill and Derrick had?

If you mean the house they lived in after they got married, it was sold. If you mean the guest house, that's where Derick and Jill currently are. 

I wonder if everything is okay with Grandma Duggar?  I was reviewing all the changes with my mom who used to work as a real estate settlement processor and it sounds like that is all estate planning... divvying properties, etc?

Though there is the one that went to her for $393K, so maybe this is off.

2388d8e4afc8b7d9e65b88251c6d3246.jpg
fa1240fb1f585e850058e3b20d33eb9a.png
Seems like Jessa, Spurgeon, and Henry are enjoying the day. Henry was in a video that i didn't screenshot from jessas story

Yikes. No shirt? Nike. I remember the Duggar boys had to wear wet suits. Wonder if Jesse still wears wholesome wear. Spurgie is adorable.

6 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I just spent way too much time on the property site.

Rurak is Michelle's maiden name. Putting things into a trust....hmmmmmmm

Could that property in some way have been set aside for Tyler?

Jim-Bob has said all along that they bought the property because there was room for any child who wanted to to build a house out there.  It will be interesting to see who does.

Where are Joshey and Anna and M Kids living? Still with JB/M or elsewhere?

Joe and Kendra will need a house, too.  I keep thinking of the "trashed" house they cleaned up several years ago--same time they "learned" to do carpet on Jilly's "mansion"...

32 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Yikes. No shirt? Nike. I remember the Duggar boys had to wear wet suits. Wonder if Jesse still wears wholesome wear. Spurgie is adorable.

She was swimming in board shorts and a t-shirt a couple years ago, so I'm going to guess she doesn't wear wholesome wear these days. I feel like the board shorts/t-shirt combo would probably be a lot cheaper, too.

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Rurak is Michelle's maiden name. Putting things into a trust....hmmmmmmm

Could that property in some way have been set aside for Tyler?

No, the little house that Jessa and Ben now own was puchased by Michelle's parents in 1990 after the previous owners defaulted on the mortgage. In 2007 Michelle's father sold the house to Grandma Duggar and in June Grandma Duggar sold it to Jessa and Ben.

The trust is the James R and Michelle A Duggar Revocable Living Trust, unless Tyler has been added as a beneficiary of the trust he has nothing to do with it.

Where are Joshey and Anna and M Kids living? Still with JB/M or elsewhere?

Based on the photos from one of the M-boy's birthday in June, Josh and Anna are living in the Siloam Springs house that was "sold" to an LLC right before Josh went to Jesus Jail.

Joe and Kendra will need a house, too.  I keep thinking of the "trashed" house they cleaned up several years ago--same time they "learned" to do carpet on Jilly's "mansion"...

The only trashed house I remember them fixing up was Jilly's mansion which was sold in 2015, but Lord knows the Duggars have enough other properties.

Why can't spurge just be in the pool in his swim diaper and be done with it?

8 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Why can't spurge just be in the pool in his swim diaper and be done with it?

Maybe he's that kid who takes the diaper off every chance he gets and the trunks slow him down?

13 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Maybe he's that kid who takes the diaper off every chance he gets and the trunks slow him down?

That would go WAY beyond Nike.

11 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I bought my first house at 24 without a college degree or any internships. Degrees ≠ ability to buy a house.

seriously. COL in different areas can be super drastically different as well. My husband and I bought our first home at 20, when he was still in college. It was 150k and the perfect house for us to eventually start a family in (and then we moved and the cheapest house we can buy ten years later is more than double- damn housing prices!)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived