IGNORED

JinJer 28: Guns & Roses

Destiny

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Photo's come from a public website, just need to google around to bit to find them.

So I can post more?

I'll put them in a spoiler, to not be annoying.

I don't believe this is the house, but the one down the street. Similar style, but check the address....

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, maybe you're right.

The page popped up when I googled the address and the outside looks completely the same so I assumed I had the right one. 

And there goes my idea that I found some detective skills :pb_redface:

And, can I just say how annoyed I am that these Duggar kids get houses with little to no work or effort? (Not directed and JinJer but mostly at Jessa, Josh, and Jill). I've worked my ass off for ten years to be able to afford a house only to have the housing market jump so high that I am, once again, priced out. :my_angry:
Rant over.

I feel you. We just bought (closing on Monday), but we had to go higher than we planned. And it took six months to find anything livable that wasn't priced through the roof. A lot of houses are going above asking price here, but apparently our seller didn't know or didn't care to hold out for more or we wouldn't have been able to buy it.

3 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I feel you. We just bought (closing on Monday), but we had to go higher than we planned. -snip-

Congrats on closing!! ♡

We're getting ours ready to sell (hopefully listing any day now!).  We bought it a year and a half ago, in dead of winter, and it hadn't been updated in 20 years, so we got a fantastic price for it.  Now the markets changed and we're looking at a profit *fingers crossed*

I still told the realtor I'd want to go on the low end of his suggestion, because one - I want it to go quick, and two - maybe we'll get multiple offers (not to drive up the price), but to hopefully find the ones with the best financial security in their loan and people who would give some love to the house for a long time.  The house deserves that, after being neglected for 20 years, and after we had to treat it like an investment/business opportunity (not a home).

As for Jinger, I'm kinda cool with waiting for after shots (either in her Insta, or the show), because even if we did see the current interior, I'd suspect they'll be changing it quite a bit anyways i.e. Jeremy's apartment anyone?

Honestly the fact that they just bough a house screams baby to me. I'm expecting an announcement in the next few months. 

16 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Honestly the fact that they just bough a house screams baby to me. I'm expecting an announcement in the next few months. 

Was thinking more along the lines of "Babe, we have all this money from the wedding special. Why not stop paying rent and buy something while we have it?!"

But that very well may be wishful thinking. 

13 hours ago, freealljs said:

I don't know if Boob owns that house. Jeremy did work as a professional soccer player for a number of years and now as a minister. So, maybe he had some money saved up to buy a house when he tied the knot.  If there is any TLC money, at least it went to Jeremy and Jinger, NOT Boob and Mee-Chelle.

I'm trying to be optimistic that Jeremy cannot be bought.

Not saying that they couldn't afford a house on their own, but professional soccer players in the US can make shockingly low salaries if the'y're not stars - as in less than 40k.

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

I feel you. We just bought (closing on Monday), but we had to go higher than we planned. And it took six months to find anything livable that wasn't priced through the roof. A lot of houses are going above asking price here, but apparently our seller didn't know or didn't care to hold out for more or we wouldn't have been able to buy it.

my last place i bought 2 months ago (a rental property) - was a bidding war between three - I paid 10 grand above and I knew the people and I told them I would take good care of their home.   It helps apparently in these times to write a letter. 

I hope the house interiors posted aren't of the house they bought. Those ceilings sure are...extra.

And this is total BEC, but if I lived in the Texas borderlands, I'd go for more xeriscape in the front yard--unless Jeremy is really into moving & dealing with drought restrictions.

That black dress Jinger was wearing is WAY more modest than the insanely tight shirts Jessa and sometimes Jill wear. If anyone should have done that talk on modesty a while back it should have been Jinger. She manages to be modest, modern and stylish without constantly screaming "LOOK HOW MODEST I AM!!1!!!!!1" all the time. That is true modesty, Imo. 

Their new house has so much potential. I'm thinking a baby announcement is coming up though. At least they will have had a full year without a baby if she gets pregnant soon. That's more than her sisters will ever have. I'm glad they have taken some time to just be normal twenty somethings. 

@CarrotCake

Yes! :) As long as you don't need a password, or sign up to something, it's okay to post pictures. If the mod (helpmeet) team isn't sure, we will ask for a link to verify that all is legit. If you just find stuff via a simple google search, don't worry.

That house is really nice especially for a young married couple. I'd say that's nicer than the majority of what this country lives in at thier age. 

As for my opinion on how they afforded the house; 

-my best friend dated a pro soccer player. As a starter he made maybe upper 40's but he also made a little money from brand contacts. By no means was he rich though. Therefore l, I don't think the money is from Jeremy's soccer days.

-I know church's have a living allowance for thier pay roll people sometimes. I've never heard of it coming in a limo some before, i thought it was monthly. Also, i would think it would be based on family size (but that is from my army wife experience probably). So I find this unlikely.

-the most likely in my mind is that they got paid for the wedding g special and wanted to make a sound investment with the extra income. That's what i would do at least. I could see thinking a larger chunk of money is hard to come by and using it as a down payment on a house. 

I would only say that a house means that they are planning to have children some time soon, not that she is necessarily pregnant now. If the area is relatively cheap to buy in I don't see a reason for a married couple to wait to buy a house if they can afford it. Don't most people prefer to own a house if they can afford it?

5 minutes ago, elliha said:

I would only say that a house means that they are planning to have children some time soon, not that she is necessarily pregnant now. If the area is relatively cheap to buy in I don't see a reason for a married couple to wait to buy a house if they can afford it. Don't most people prefer to own a house if they can afford it?

I am child free by choice and own a home. Of course I wanted to own my home, regardless of kids.

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I feel you. We just bought (closing on Monday), but we had to go higher than we planned. And it took six months to find anything livable that wasn't priced through the roof.

Here in the UK, lack of affordable housing and a high demand means it is  nigh-on impossible to buy in certain areas of the country without capital behind you already. If you can't afford to save or can't dip into the bank of mum and dad, resign yourself to renting for the foreseeable future.

It is a problem. 

5 minutes ago, elliha said:

I totally agree. I know they moved into a two bedroom apartment shortly before getting married, but that thing was still really tiny. In the episode where Jeremy is working out in the den, he had no room at all.  And the kitchen was so small, only one person could comfortably be in there at a time. So if they could afford to buy a house, why not do it? The only reason for young able bodied people to live in an apartment is if they can't afford a house, they aren't planning on staying in the area long, or they travel so much that it makes it difficult to maintain upkeep on a house.  With the low COL and a cheaper real estate market, it's seems way more fiscally responsible to buy a home than waste money renting an apartment. 

Jeremy did say they wanted to expand their  family within the next five years, so buying a house is consistent with that statement. There's a good chance they bought the house in anticipation of having a baby(ies), but I actually think that's a much better idea than waiting until Jinger is half way through a pregnancy to start looking for a house, then moving, and finally, having to set up a home all while being a human incubator.  House hunting is stressful, moving is stressful, pregnancy is stressful; if it's possible to not have to do those things at the same time, then it really is best for all parties involved to avoid it.  Especially the later it gets into one's pregnancy.

31 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I am child free by choice and own a home. Of course I wanted to own my home, regardless of kids.

15 years when I was renting - my parents would say to me 

"We didn't come to this country so you could rent" I was born here (Vancouver) they were born in Europe 

they had the means to help me and I had the courage to say yes ( it can be daunting if you have the money and probably more daunting if you don't and want it badly) 

it's take courage to buy something for yourself and then there are rental properties as well -

17 minutes ago, seraaa said:

it is  nigh-on impossible to buy in certain areas of the country without capital behind you already.

Truth. We are looking in London (haha - maybe we'll win the lottery???) and found only one apartment in an area we would even half-way consider living in full-time for £245,000. It's a 140-square-foot (that's not a typo) "studio." Cash offers only.

Our current pied-à-terre is in the Notting Hill/Kensington area and we could never afford to buy there. Apartments the same size as our rental sell for £3.5-£4 million. It's ridiculous. The housing situation is dire, and with the high-rises with the faulty cladding being emptied, even more people are vying for the limited amount of housing.

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Truth. We are looking in London (haha - maybe we'll win the lottery???) and found only one apartment in an area we would even half-way consider living in full-time for £245,000. It's a 140-square-foot (that's not a typo) "studio." Cash offers only.

and this is how insane the banks are right now 

my parents who just bought this place in Whistler - the lady at the bank who gives out mortgages like kleenex wouldn't give my parents a tiny mortgage (and these people have property) (because my dad says mortgages are a good thing) because what is happening with the bank rates... bottom line he had to pay cash.... he still can get a mortgage down the line 

15 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

i suppose I should include Anna. I don't know. I've kind of gotten a Jill- like vibe from her, but she certainly dresses much better than she did in the early seasons, and puts leggings on her own daughter. She's my question mark.

At what point is a baby girl's legs considered to be NIKE worthy so that they must be covered?

Also, at what point does a fundie daddy stop holding a child to his chest for hugs and start doing side hugs?   

Don't forget Laredo houses are on the cheaper end. I just did a random search on zillow and the average for a 3 bed/3 bath was 140K.

1 hour ago, jerkit said:

We purchased a home with 4 bedrooms before we decided for sure we wanted kids.  No one seemed shocked.

This. I am the same. Owning a home does not mean they are pregnant.

So far all of my kids have bought four bedroom homes while childless.  I definitely don't see it as it meaning a baby is imminent.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived