IGNORED

JinJer 28: Guns & Roses

Destiny

15 minutes ago, MotherOfDragons said:

That's why I didn't include links. If I can find the info, anybody can find it. :pb_lol:

That was in no way directed at you. It was just a general statement since we were discussing the house. Like I said, it wasn't hard to find at all and I think it's sorta gross to post an address for someone who did not make the address public themselves. Duggars for instance? Their address was on their website. There are ton of people we follow who are not careful with their address. I have no problem with posting those addresses, but I think people who don't make their address public should have their privacy respected.

Personally, I would be really mad if someone posted a link to my house, even though the information is public.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone share screenshots but not the address? I only saw a beautiful outside shot. I want to jealously drool over a beautiful kitchen. 

Texas does have generally cheap real estate. Our area in the Midwest does as well. We have a 4 bedroom 3 bath on almost 4 acres that's about $185k. 

then here's hoping the only thing they were celebrating at that date night was closing on their house! (not that date night needs a cause for celebration, but if we're still on the wild speculation bus) 

1 hour ago, nst said:

$150k - my last down payment was that. My parents just paid $600k for a condo in Whistler - a ! bedroom 600 sq ft condo that can be rented out 

Prices in Whistler are through the roof.  We would love to live there for part of the year. No way sadly. Your parents are very lucky. I'm a shade of green with jealousy right now!

29 minutes ago, Casserole said:

then here's hoping the only thing they were celebrating at that date night was closing on their house! (not that date night needs a cause for celebration, but if we're still on the wild speculation bus) 

I don't think so... the show was filmed weeks ago, and they said they'd already been settled in for a while. Sorry!

Members of the clergy get very preferential tax treatment on their income in the USA.   It is called parsonage allowance.

An accountant can go into the rules but in effect if your church pays you a housing allowance as part of your compensation (common practice)  you don't pay income taxes on it.   IIRC, you would still get credit to your social security account for the full amount.  In addition, you can also write off expenses like a business on your tax returns.

In my past life working on mortgages I saw it a number of times and it was not only given to the minister/rabbi  in charge, other people on the payroll such as a deacon and cantor had similarly structured compensation.

I'm actually surprised by the house. It's just a basic house in a basic area, probably an HOA subdivision, but nothing special.

1 hour ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Can someone share screenshots but not the address? I only saw a beautiful outside shot. I want to jealously drool over a beautiful kitchen. 

I don't think any have been shared, and the realtor websites have either no pics or just the exterior pic for their address. Since the house is in a recent subdivision I thought there might be pictures for other houses in the area that are currently for sale, but the closest house for sale I can find is several blocks away and has a different exterior, so I do believe we'll have to wait for the decorating episode, or for them to share pics of their actual house. The house looks nice though. :-) Hopefully they're comfortable there and get to make good use of it for themselves for a while!

(Again, all using publicly available data. Public records and Google Maps can be scary things!)

Ah, I thought other people had found the correct house with photos on zillow/property records and didn't want to out the address.

Just now, FleeJanaFree said:

Ah, I thought other people had found the correct house with photos on zillow/property records and didn't want to out the address.

You can find the house on Zillow and other sites with the stats (size, type, bedroom, bath, estimated price, etc.), there just aren't any pics.

7 hours ago, jerkit said:

People on FB are certain Jinge is knocked up from that picture. I can't see anything.

That has to be so frustrating to her. Every fricken picture they post 1000 people are screaming through a keyboard how they claim she is preggers. No wonder she got the lettuce instead of the tortillas. I've always worried a bit about just how thin she is, but that message over and over has to really mess with a girl's psyche. Thankfully there isn't any evidence to support these people gawking at her. Hopefully people take a chill pill and harass Moochelle and the Boob instead.

Back to the genealogy thing - my sister tried to trace my English grandfather's family. Parish records go back to 1530s, so that far was reasonably smooth. But she could only trace one link further - that which owned land, and was in land records - to the 1200s. And the name was/is an uncommon one - only just over 7,500 people in the world have it today, although there were many alternative spellings in the mediaeval records.

The vast majority of us are not fortunate enough to have all our ancestors as landowners: in fact, probably mainly royalty. Even many of the great aristocratic families have their origins in the 16th and 17th centuries, and things get cloudy before that. Exceptions include the Percy family, Dukes of Northumberland, and the Barony De Ros - the surname here changes frequently, as it is an unusual title in that it can pass to a female heir. Even the Howard family, Dukes of Norfolk and Earls of Arundel (and relatives of Katherine Howard), is difficult to trace pre 15th century.

And Scotland, Wales and Ireland can be even more difficult!

8 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

A Duggar girl without sleeves? Truly apocalyptic. For those of us who don't actively follow the Duggars...what is this world coming to!? J

Mullet & Boob clearly failed in their modesty training of Jinger.   How many males is she going defraud &  cause to stumble, lust and possibly divorce cuz of that dress.  Didn't she learn anything from her mother and her lawn mowing days ?  

Jinge, my dear,  you looked fabulous !   You have come so far from your frumper days  !  Proud of you !  :clap:  

For some old school snark... Who recalls the episode where miracle child Josie was in Jill's wedding (I think it was Jill)  as a flower girl and at the reception   Josie removed her Jacket which covered a sleeveless dress. Mullet make some comment about, not being very modest.  Also i recall an episode where JimBoob and one of the J'slaves & a lost girl  were by the long table getting ready to go somewhere. He made some comment about her dress not being modest.     These comments from a couple who does this  :output_eeMbjt:    while on a double date with their daughter and her finance.   Can you say    :fubar:    ! 

16 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

These comments from a couple who does this  :output_eeMbjt:    while on a double date with their daughter and her finance.   Can you say    :fubar:    ! 

Cracking up at this so hard! But for real, the hypocrisy runs so deep, we could drill for it. Lest we forget the infamous water-skiing knees incident with Mullet. The blurred knees never seizes to make me laugh out loud. Boob and Mullet are more Nike than any outfit can ever be. There whole belief system is centered around them humping eachother like rabbits. Now that's something nobody wants to see. 

7 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

She looks great and so stylish, one would never know of her frumper origins.  TBH, being with Jeremy she seems to be able to explore other clothing options but he himself seems to dress pretty classy.     

Hey, Jinger, you may not have moved to the big city, but you seem to have gotten out of frumperdom for sure.

I think she will be the most fashionable/classy when the time (hopefully awhile from now) comes for maternity clothes.

4 hours ago, freealljs said:

I don't know if Boob owns that house. Jeremy did work as a professional soccer player for a number of years and now as a minister. So, maybe he had some money saved up to buy a house when he tied the knot.  If there is any TLC money, at least it went to Jeremy and Jinger, NOT Boob and Mee-Chelle.

I'm trying to be optimistic that Jeremy cannot be bought.

Jeremy made a pittance playing soccer. His highest salary was one year at about $45k when he played (or more accurately didn't play) for the Red Bulls. In New York. He has no savings. They're living off her earnings; what he makes probably pays for the groceries and part of the mortgage, if they needed a loan. Houses appear to be super cheap in Laredo, and Jinger has made a pretty penny off her wedding episode and People spreads alone. 

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

And dear sweet Rufus, Laredo real estate is cheap: https://www.zillow.com/laredo-tx/

Maybe I should move to Texas. Where I live, anything in that price range is either a complete tear-down or is snapped up so fast it would make your head spin.

And, can I just say how annoyed I am that these Duggar kids get houses with little to no work or effort? (Not directed and JinJer but mostly at Jessa, Josh, and Jill). I've worked my ass off for ten years to be able to afford a house only to have the housing market jump so high that I am, once again, priced out. :my_angry:

Rant over.

10 hours ago, singsingsing said:

The Babes' new house, for anyone interested (plus Jinger killing it in the outfit department again):

Hide contents

jjhouse.thumb.png.047caa9bbe1b886d913a23d3c1db3c7f.png

The landscaping has been redone.

IMG_1471.PNG

8 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Kitchen is not that beautiful. The house also has the most hideous ceilings I have ever seen. 

(if this is not allowed, please remove)

IS6umfs4zyxwwe0000000000.jpg

I'm shocked though how I, non-US and totally not aware of any housing websites there or whatever, can find these pictures in 2 minutes.

6 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Kitchen is not that beautiful. The house also has the most hideous ceilings I have ever seen.

I'm shocked though how I, non-US and totally not aware of any housing websites there or whatever, can find these pictures in 2 minutes.

New poster, but I have been lurking for awhile. Would you be able/allowed to post more inside photos if you can find them. 

3 minutes ago, Emily7057 said:

New poster, but I have been lurking for awhile. Would you be able/allowed to post more inside photos if you can find them. 

As long as these pictures are available to the general public- without having to join a group, forum, blog, website, what have you- it's fine to post pictures.

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

He has no savings.

Curious how you know this?  Has he said this?

Photo's come from a public website, just need to google around to bit to find them.

So I can post more?

I'll put them in a spoiler, to not be annoying.

Spoiler

ISirowg225s81d0000000000.jpgISuw4qel67pije0000000000.jpgISad0uc5qhs9zd0000000000.jpgISuo6muluw0ned0000000000.jpgISapx3c1k33jwe0000000000.jpgISegx08zuo42le0000000000.jpgIS6avwzletg01d0000000000.jpg

11 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

I can personally speak to this: My name is a European version of "Katherine".  It has a silent letter and seems to be too hard to figure out for about 90% of people reading it.  So I go by Kat.  It's just easier.

When we moved back to the U.S. when I was 12, we moved into an affluent area in South Carolina.  The school said my name was too hard to pronounce, and asked me what else I liked to be called that was more American  (you can't make this shit up people - I think my Dad almost had an aneurysm).  They didn't ask if I *wanted* to change it, just what other name I'd liked.  We were only going to be there for a few months, while we looked for a house, and I was eager to "fit in" - I begged my Dad, and he relented (though when I transferred to the next school, he met with the principal before hand to explain my name is German, and to deal with it lol).

The English name I picked?  I grew up watching the Disney Sleepy Hallow cartoon, and so I picked Katrina :P

Years ago, I saw a great Tumblr post about "foreign names", where a young Asian man laughed, "if you can learn to say Tsaichovsky, you can learn to say my name, too!  It's not that hard people!"

. . . Oh, and yes, Jinger is rocking her fashion choices ;)

I had a rule when I named my sons that it had to be Polish but relatively easy to pronounce (and close to Polish pronounciation). 3/4 of boys names were out. One great name is for example Przemyslaw or Grzegorz. These boys will always have nicknames with those names.

So my boys have one biblical angelic name same spelling in both languages, and the other has a letter change of F instead of Ph but the same pronounciation and solid classical name. I figured that people name their kids with such weird spelling, all kids have to spell their name anyway, but at least people will be able to pronounce it correctly when they see it.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived