IGNORED

Pickles & Hairspray 2: Banning at Random, Banning at Will

FundieFarmer

32 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

You are correct, and I didn't mean to imply that the mother had lost custody of the child in some official manner, so I apologize that my post did come across in that way.

No worries and many thanks for clarifying.  I quoted you but yours was not the only post that worried me that assumptions were being made.  I should have made that clear. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

I complained/reported her to FB after she publicly named one of Josh's alleged molestation victims.  I said the victim had never identified herself as such,  and was a minor when the incidents happened, but FB just sent me back an email saying they had "reviewed the photo in question and it met with their guidelines", or some such craziness and that was the end of it.  

FB’s policies suck ass. They won’t allow nipples, but violent speech is generally okay. However, I have a few closed, secret feminist groups that should be Private. However, whenever anyone writes “men are trash,” they get an official FB warning.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

I complained/reported her to FB after she publicly named one of Josh's alleged molestation victims.  I said the victim had never identified herself as such,  and was a minor when the incidents happened, but FB just sent me back an email saying they had "reviewed the photo in question and it met with their guidelines", or some such craziness and that was the end of it.  

I did the same with the same results. They really suck

• Upvote 3

The naming of the person that was assumed as Josh's victim and reporting other allegations about him that their is no evidence of, was sick. Her excuse that her name was already reported on other sites was no justification, this person has chosen not to confirm or deny the rumours and should have been respected. This person and all his other victims didn't need pickles stirring shit for likes on Facebook.

Same way using Tyler and his mother for a story or going after Jazz because she didn't want to take Pickles up on her offer to go as a mediator between her and Derick was also horrible. Pickles is like Jill Rod.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

My phone autocorrected pickles to Pickles and I blame all of you!! All I was trying to do was share this picture 

Spoiler

BC4F0E6B-7DD0-4BFF-AA15-3698734B8B22.jpeg.9c0ca2b494dba534e167ff1456bf1370.jpeg

You may now resume your regularly scheduled “Pickles, like men, is trash” programming 

• Haha 19

• 2 weeks later...

Pickles posted a photo of Derick playing pirate with Israel. She went on a tangent about pirates being evil so Derick must be. A lot of people called her out on it. Here are some of the comments. She decided to ban a bunch of people tonight for calling her out.BEB55E3D-8A90-4E1D-872A-4558578B08EC.thumb.jpeg.940af03909943225b448582a93fd481f.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 2

I was reading the comments on it and am so happy at the replies I see. The ones before she bans them or deletes the post, at least. She’s freaking insane. 

• Upvote 15

There is a case to be argued, I think, that the way piracy is portrayed to kids these days is ahistorical, and obscures how nasty modern day pirates are. BUT using something that is totally prevalent in mainstream culture to specifically criticise the Dillards just shows how desperate she is to have a go at them. If you have an issue with cutesy pirates, rail against their widespread use by everyone, FFS. 

And “yay, a banning day” is just laughable. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

Oh, fuck off Pickles. She’s making that up to try to manipulate people into agreeing with her. No way if she’d had a grandparent killed by pirates would she NOT have put it in her initial post. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 9

46 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Oh, fuck off Pickles. She’s making that up to try to manipulate people into agreeing with her. No way if she’d had a grandparent killed by pirates would she NOT have put it in her initial post. 

It’s quite neatly worded —

If you had a grandparent who was murdered by pirates I doubt you would have been allowed to act as one

Pickles doesn’t actually say that she has a grandparent who was murdered by pirates. She could easily claim that it was entirely hypothetical — pirates are violent and sometimes murderous and if that had affected your family personally it’s unlikely that you’d be allowed to dress up and play pirates.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

We need someone to keep track now. So, far Pickles has a grantparent murdered by pirates. Any other tragic grandparent stories from her? I agree with the poster above, if Pickles grandparent had been killed by a pirate, that would’ve been in her initial rant. Playing pirates is pretty mainstream.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Markie said:

We need someone to keep track now. So, far Pickles has a grantparent murdered by pirates. Any other tragic grandparent stories from her? I agree with the poster above, if Pickles grandparent had been killed by a pirate, that would’ve been in her initial rant. Playing pirates is pretty mainstream.

There is now a whole new thread if people want to add information about Pickles for the purposes of ‘keeping track’:

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

56 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

It’s quite neatly worded —

Pickles doesn’t actually say that she has a grandparent who was murdered by pirates. She could easily claim that it was entirely hypothetical — pirates are violent and sometimes murderous and if that had affected your family personally it’s unlikely that you’d be allowed to dress up and play pirates.

Good catch! Let's wait and see if she clarifies further... 

I'm sure there's a word or phrase for what she's doing by throwing that in there, but I'm sick, and my brain is fuzzy, so I can't think of it! But you see it a lot of facebook and forums, when someone posts something, people disagree, so they drop in more 'information' to make their case seem more valid, and guilt/emotionally manipulate people into agreeing with them. Even if her grandparent was killed by pirates, I don't think that makes her criticism of the Dillards somehow more valid, in this instance. 

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

I'm sure there's a word or phrase for what she's doing by throwing that in there, but I'm sick, and my brain is fuzzy, so I can't think of it! But you see it a lot of facebook and forums, when someone posts something, people disagree, so they drop in more 'information' to make their case seem more valid, and guilt/emotionally manipulate people into agreeing with them. Even if her grandparent was killed by pirates, I don't think that makes her criticism of the Dillards somehow more valid, in this instance. 

I’m sorry to hear that you’re sick and fuzzy-headed. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

I’m not sure if this is what you meant, but there’s a type of logical fallacy called an ‘emotional appeal’ in which the speaker tries to appeal to the audience members’ emotions in order to sway their opinions.

• Upvote 5

Derick gets a lot of shit for not being the most hands on dad at times. If Sam and Izzy are having fun playing pirates with their father then I see no harm in it. Yes pirates did and still do horrible things and children should be educated about the truth of them when older but banning children playing pirates is a step too far. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

People are also calling her out on that children don’t play pirates nowaday but superheroes. Based on her experience “teaching”. But if you read the comments you see people saying that children still play it. Pickles is gettong weirder and weirder. Going to check out the topic mentioned here  about her story :)

• Upvote 7

Pickles.is.losing.her.sh*t.   

Although, randomly throwing out that you have an anti pirate bias because one of your grandparents was killed by pirates is just a little bit awesome in  my book (RIP to the grandparent though, if that story  has even one iota of validity)

Maybe the orbs she's been seeing is her grandparent!

Edited by SamiKatz
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

No way her grandparents were killed by pirates. She's being her usual dramatic *I'm always right" self.  All this time she's had something against pirates yet when Pirates of the Caribbean movies come out she says nothing.  How about the Disney attraction?  Nope. Not a care. Derick plays pirates with his sons and poof!  Pirate histrionics.  From the post above at least 1 humper fell for her woe is me trap.  She's a total loser. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I just read what's left of the comments.  So, she's all upset people were rude to her, gets super excited to ban the "idiots". Um....so, ok if she does it. Shut up pickled!  She really feels she's always right. Total weirdo. She must be a nightmare neighbor!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Oh my.  

Pickles should get over herself. Too many chips on her shoulders. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Pirate histrionics.

Pirate histrionics. There... it just HAD to be said again because it is so hilarious. What a gem.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 18

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic