IGNORED

The Fundies are Coming (for dinner)

dilannsmom

5 hours ago, Jellybean said:

Jello salad? Like in the 'nightmare foods from the 1970s' salad? I would probably have giggled at that without the special brownie!

To be fair, this was in 1970 or 71. And, it kept moving!

I don't think I could go. If I did, and if subjects came up, and, as they do, people tried to get me to agree, as in, "Don't you agree, Mrs. Four?" I would have to say, "actually, I don't agree," and the fight would be on. Because if they asked me why I don't agree, I'd tell them. And we know these people just keep on and on to the point of ridiculousness, and it would get ugly. My parents would know by now not to put me in such a situation, but if they tried, that's the way I'd react.

With strangers, a strategy to avoid a confrontation (if you don't want one) is to just plead ignorance, and then attempt to change the subject ASAP.

I personally wonder if it's something like an intervention they set up to save you from your heathen feminist ways.

On 7/14/2017 at 8:45 AM, seraaa said:

With strangers, a strategy to avoid a confrontation (if you don't want one) is to just plead ignorance, and then attempt to change the subject ASAP.

In desperate times, I fall back on the "you've given me a lot to think about" reponse. I may be thinking, "You're an idiot and a bigot," but it's not always a productive time or place to say so.

On 7/15/2017 at 7:47 PM, older than allosaurs said:

In desperate times, I fall back on the "you've given me a lot to think about" reponse. I may be thinking, "You're an idiot and a bigot," but it's not always a productive time or place to say so.

Oh, good response! Mental note made. 

33 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

Oh, good response! Mental note made. 

I use that line on my fundy family all the time. 

Archived