IGNORED

Dillards 32: To VBAC or not to VBAC

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, nst said:

which would be December?

They'll probably go back about a week before the December missioncationers arrive. I think Izzy was about 3 or 4 months when they initially went to DA. 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when Jill and Derick were interviewed post Izzy's birth and Jill was insistent that the Drs had told her that she could go on to have as many vaginal births as she wanted? It was as if the NEXT kid was more important than one she had in her arms, ala Michelle. I think I had said then that no DR would tell any mother that-

I still contend that Izzy's birth was not because of a malpresentation.

There should be no more attempts to have vag or home deliveries.

25 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

So just for curiosity's sake, what do doctors look at when they decide a woman needs a c-section? I honestly have no idea. Why is VBAC dangerous ?

VBACs can be dangerous because there is an increased risk of uterine rupture - which can be dangerous/potentially fatal for the mother and baby. The more prior sections, the greater the risk of rupture.

C-sections usually happen when there is some medical distress or issue or the labour fails to progress... Or, in some cases, when the doctor wants to schedule it around their shifts.

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Remember when Jill and Derick were interviewed post Izzy's birth and Jill was insistent that the Drs had told her that she could go on to have as many vaginal births as she wanted? It was as if the NEXT kid was more important than one she had in her arms, ala Michelle. I think I had said then that no DR would tell any mother that-

I remember like it was yesterday she said that.  I think Jill is going to suffer the  most even moreso now more than before if she has to go back to SCA. This girl has been traumatized enough. I agree no more home births or even attempt home births.  

Damn- who is going to pay for all of this? At least the last time they had the WM insurance. I wonder if the Dillards have that Christian insurance?

Just now, SassyPants said:

Damn- who is going to pay for all of this? At least the last time they had the WM insurance. I wonder if the Dillards have that Christian insurance?

I guess they're still on Obamacare. Or Medicaid, depending on how they claim their income.

I hope Sam is ok, poor thing. I hope Jill and Derick re-evaluate their plans for children in the future.

I feel sorry for Jill. She was raised with strict guidelines on how to be perfect and gain god's blessings, and she has followed those rules to a T from a little girl and into her marriage and motherhood, but things just aren't going right for her. So far, Derick moved the family to a country where she doesn't feel safe, the Josh stuff came to light, her labour and deliveries have been traumatic which severely limits her purpose in life, she rarely sees her family and friends and she just seems lost and sad. I can't imagine how horrible it must feel to think you keep following the rules but you end up being punished over and over again. That has to take a massive toll on her mental health.

18 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Funny, people said exactly the same thing about Derick.

Yes, but by the time Derick and Jill were married for the short amount of time Jeremy and Jinger have been, Derick had already fallen into the Duggar Black Hole and was completely under Jim Bob's control. 

I have hope for Jeremy bc he has shown he has a spine, at least where his inlaws are concerned. He has refused to become part of the Duggar circus and we can see he is having a positive effect on Jinger and is broadening her horizons (even by a tiny bit. Baby steps, folks) 

i really don't know why in defending Jeremy, as I disagree with pretty much everything he believes in, but in this situation it's clear he isn't going to let himself and Jinger be living rent free in Duggarland while working for Jim Bob or his brothers in law

If I were Jill I'd tell Derrick he could go to SA without me. Jill will need help with both kids now, and clearly she needs the support of her extended family. 

5 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

I have hope for Jeremy bc he has shown he has a spine, at least where his inlaws are concerned. He has refused to become part of the Duggar circus

Has he, really? He seems to enjoy participating regularly on their reality TV show.

I'm not a mom, and have never been pregnant, so I have probably a dumb question. How does one create such large babies.  All the babies in my family have been in the 6-7 range so 9-10 lbs seems huge! Is there something going on genetically? Guys I'm an idiot lol. 

This is true Jilly will be home alone now with two small children when Derelict is preaching and saving souls. What to say. 

38 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

I have hope that Jeremy won't let Jinger go the route of her sisters with no prenatal care or medical help during labor. He's too worldly to even contemplate being so stupidly reckless with his wife or child's health 

37 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Funny, people said exactly the same thing about Derick.

When people say this, I always kind of wonder if these husbands  would actually know enough about birthing babies to know if the girls were getting proper medical care.  My husband is a smart, college educated man.  But his only experience with pregnancy was mine with our children. If I told him it wasn't important to see an OB-gyn throughout the pregnancy and I could manage it myself, I'm not sure he would have contradicted me.  I think he would have trusted me.  I don't know, maybe I'm underestimating him.  

ETA: I just asked him and he said that he thinks he would have at least suggested that we should go to the doctor at least once to get checked out and make sure everything looked ok, so I guess that I did underestimate him. 

I wonder if Jill got pressure from her lay midwife community to do everything possible to have a VBAC.

@Jaedzia,  Rh jaundice would be diagnosed by observing early onset jaundice in the newborn of an Rh negative mother.   (@SassyPants can hopefully fill us in a bit more on this.)  My mother was O negative and my dad was O positive and I was the color of a brown paper bag at birth.  I was rushed to Greenville General and received 3 complete blood exchanges over the next several weeks.

My mom was told after I was born that if she and my dad had any more kids, that the baby would likely not survive.  I almost didn't.  (Exchange transfusions were developed a few years before I was born in 1955.)  Mom had her tubed tied.

I am so sorry for the loss of your niece.

1 minute ago, ChestHugger said:

I wonder if Jill got pressure from her lay midwife community to do everything possible to have a VBAC.

Of course she did. That's why the birth announcement made sure to note the "40-hour labor" part.

4 minutes ago, ChestHugger said:

Except for, you know, proper prenatal care...

I’m glad all is well (or so it seams). I’m sad for Jill that she had another C-section. I have no hope whatsoever that she will stop having babies no mater what a Dr. tells her.

Dear Baby Sam. welcome to the world!  I am sorry to say that you lost the parent lottery. I’m sorry that you will be dragged to Scary America very soon. I hope that you rise above your circumstances. At least you are a boy and a normal name. 

I wouldn't hold your breath about Jeremy.Every damn single time a person marries into the Duggar family  that Person is just going to change their  Duggar Spouse ... Make them more open minded , more educated, less Fundamentalist in Significant ways. 

The reality is they never do( pants wearing Jinger  is not really all that) and moreover the new addition usually becomes another Duggar even if they were a regular conservative Christian. 

Just now, tabitha2 said:

I wouldn't hold your breath about Jeremy.Every damn single time a person marries into the Duggar family  that Person is just going to change their  Duggar Spouse ... Make them more open minded , more educated, less Fundamentalist in Significant ways. 

The reality is they never do( pants wearing Jinger  is not really all that) and moreover the new addition usually becomes another Duggar even if they were a regular conservative Christian. 

However - we're 8 months into this marriage and no sign of a baby-on-the-way; he's from a non-fundie family; his mom wears pants; he's spent a few years being himself.

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

However - we're 8 months into this marriage and no sign of a baby-on-the-way; he's from a non-fundie family; his mom wears pants; he's spent a few years being himself.

And Derick also fit that criteria exactly, the only difference being that Jill got pregnant immediately. We don't know at this point whether Jeremy and Jinger are preventing, or whether they just haven't happened to conceive yet.

Do we know that Jill didn't get real prenatal care this time? I kind of feel like all the doctors visits they have been showing us are kind of a "hey look, we DO go to the doctor." Maybe wishful thinking, but I'm still holding out hope that she had a good obgyn this time around. And most of the doctors I know or work with not only don't want to be on camera, but their facilities (and likely malpractice insurance) won't allow it so it wouldn't be surprising to not see the visits on the show. Them again, if this was the case I'd still expect them to film dropping Izzy off at the TTH on their way for a checkup so there goes that theory.  I also found it weird that the announcement said that SSD came via C-section at the hospital.  Why add the "at the hospital?" Did he think one of those could be done at home or something!? Or was this their way of attempting to slip in that she labored at the hospital this time? 

33 minutes ago, amers said:

Any word on Jill yet? Other than saying to continue to send prayers, we haven't heard how she is doing. 

Derick's Instagram post said "Mom and baby sam are doing well".

I don't know how well a newborn with the need for IV & oxygen is really doing- but I suppose it's not my judgement call. Hopefully it at least means all prognosis is good.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived