IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Back in Arkansas?

Coconut Flan

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I only keep kosher on passover. Sometimes non-Jewish friends will tease me for it but whatevs. I only cared when someone tried to tell me I wasn't as Jewish as our friend who did keep kosher :my_angry:

This whole conversation it making me really want a Taylor ham egg and cheese on a bagel. Man I miss New Jersey sometimes.

I had a Jewish friend in college who didn't know you aren't supposed to eat bread on Passover...

56 minutes ago, itqitc said:

We have had two seasons here in the US, awaiting season 3.  On a side note, I saw the cast when they were filming in Edinburgh when I was there for work.  Jamie is hotter in person, hmm.  

#teamjamie

How is this even possible?

I was initially unhappy with the choice of Sam to play Jamie, but after I saw him as Jamie, I bought it. Hook/line/sinker. Dannnnnggggggggggggg. He's smokin'.

46 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I was initially unhappy with the choice of Sam to play Jamie, but after I saw him as Jamie, I bought it. Hook/line/sinker. Dannnnnggggggggggggg. He's smokin'.

And he can really, truly act. Case in point: Season 1, episodes 15-16. Sam, Tobias and Cait totally play up each other's strengths. Jamie can says some powerful love words, and with another actor they could come across as cheesy - but he is passionate with zero saccharine. 

Oh, my Outlander loving friends, if you like reading well written things about Outlander, read Denise Sevier-Fries' blogspot called "Parca's Chosen"... about Outlander.

The entries are sometimes few and far between, but cover many interesting topics... my favorite are the "Franklander" ones...

How can you not love Jamie? I always tell people to remember this is the 18th century that he lives in, we cannot subscribe 21st century attributes to a man who never (even an imaginary one) lived in our time.  Different time different rules for men and women.  And remember when Jamie beat her with the belt he was doing it from a place of love because he thought that was how best to help her/save her from being hurt again, as fucked up as that is, it is what he thought.  

Jamie is essentially perfectly imperfect, his pure and total love for Claire and everything he does for his family, all he gives up for them to be happy makes him the perfect man, too perfect he ruins your ideas of how a spouse should be. Even though he can be real clot head just ask Jenny. 

7 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I feel like it might be time for a new thread drift where everyone posts pictures of people they think are hot. 

Even though I enjoy discussing propper bedding (duvet in duvet cover is always the right answer) and if you should wear shoes inside or not (you shouldn't, just no) the hot pics was my favourite drift. Oh Rufus bring it back! 

22 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

I feel like it might be time for a new thread drift where everyone posts pictures of people they think are hot. 

Even though I enjoy discussing propper bedding (duvet in duvet cover is always the right answer) and if you should wear shoes inside or not (you shouldn't, just no) the hot pics was my favourite drift. Oh Rufus bring it back! 

Ian Harding:56247955dd693_32(12):

IMG_9962.JPG

Before the thread drift jumps away I'll stick in the only thing I can contribute to this Outlander discussion;  a map of clan territories (yay maps!), provided by - what else - a kiltmaker's website. The Fraser and Mackenzie lands border each other, which pleased me when I looked it up.

http://lochcarron.co.uk/clanmap/

(This one also shows the Highland boundary http://geekandsundry.com/outlander-starz-clan-mackenzie-clan-fraser/)

You don't think about it on the day-to-day in these terms, but the clan system system evolved and the vestiges remain with us today e.g: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inveraray_Castle). 

ok I've got that out of my system

20 minutes ago, Sherresed said:

So where do Joy and Austin live?

In one of his flip houses? A couple of weeks ago the Duggars posted a photo of the boys helping Joy move.

Austin bought a meth lab house (from the looks of it.. a total mess) on the outskirts of Fayetteville in early May. He listed Fayetteville as his residence when they applied for their marriage license a few days later. I wonder if the Duggar boys fixed that place up and that's where Joy's stuff, including two area rugs, ended up? They turned around Joshley's house in short order when he came home in disgrace from DC. 

20 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Ian Harding:56247955dd693_32(12):

Thank you Rufus and BlessaYourHeart! Now everyone keep them coming!

40 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Austin bought a meth lab house (from the looks of it.. a total mess) on the outskirts of Fayetteville in early May. He listed Fayetteville as his residence when they applied for their marriage license a few days later. I wonder if the Duggar boys fixed that place up and that's where Joy's stuff, including two area rugs, ended up? They turned around Joshley's house in short order when he came home in disgrace from DC. 

Yikes. I know you're joking, but I hope it wasn't an actual meth house, because those are incredibly unsafe to live in, especially for small children. Any kids they have will have enough problems without adding environmental exposure to methamphetamine to the list. Remediating a meth house is really complicated and likely well beyond the knowledge and skills of your average house-flipper. 

Outlander. Never watched it but i have a friend that's into... certain stuff. She said there was a spanking scene in that show that was hot. Is it a girly type-show? Me and Mr. Fluffer will be looking for something to watch once we finish Twin Peaks.

Yeah @JesusCampSongs, I am remarking more based on condition (different colored neon walls in every room, general ramshackle condition) than anything. It was not well taken care of. 

40 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Outlander. Never watched it but i have a friend that's into... certain stuff. She said there was a spanking scene in that show that was hot. Is it a girly type-show? Me and Mr. Fluffer will be looking for something to watch once we finish Twin Peaks.

Mr. SapphireSlytherin enjoys the show, or did, when we were actually watching it. He liked the historical aspect, plus I think he has a thing for Claire. Lol

53 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

The books are great but there's a little too much of that stuff for my liking (there's furthering the plot and then there's yawn...). The spanking IIRC comes in pretty early into book one, not long after Jamie and Claire are married - something about something she did that was disobedient and the men had to know he had proper control over her. Thankfully there's no more of that from him - at least not as far out as A Breath Of Snow and Ashes anyhow.

Do the shirts say. i am one with Israel? What does that mean?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived