IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

I'm also beginning to think that maybe they are  getting married when they said they would. The early bachelorette could be because of Jill and Anna's late pregnancies. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Has anyone ever had a food truck?

We went to a wedding with a food truck (wood-fired pizza), followed by a donut truck, followed by an ice cream truck. Yall. It was amazing! Yeah, it took a while, but nobody cared because booze was flowing indoors.  :)

A friend of mine owns a food truck and she said they do wedding for the "midnight lunch". They arrive between 10 and 11 pm and stay for a couple hours with a limited menu. They have a mexican food truck so lots of tacos and quesadillas as they are quick and easy.

3 hours ago, TeaGrannie said:

A friend of mine owns a food truck and she said they do wedding for the "midnight lunch". They arrive between 10 and 11 pm and stay for a couple hours with a limited menu. They have a mexican food truck so lots of tacos and quesadillas as they are quick and easy.

I recently went to a wedding with a "disco dinner" taco truck and it was equally as awesome.  They gave you the illusion of ordering when in fact everything was basically ready to go and constantly being replenished.  (Chips and queso, guac and salsa constantly passed around filled any other gaps.)

14 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

That is good to know @VGL! Was the BBQ cater also a food truck?

Also that triple wedding, not my cup of tea especially cause once my sister brought it up with doing that with my twin brother and I was like I don't need to share anything else with the kid!

The BBQ caterer wasn't a food truck.  They came and set up their grills, serving tables, salad bar and drink/dessert coolers.

We had a choice of pulled pork on a bun, grilled salmon or grilled chicken complete with all the condiments.  Three different salads, soft drinks, water and ice cream bars for dessert.

Food truck gave us a choice of smoked chicken, beef or pork sandwich with coleslaw and mac and cheese on the side.  We got drinks, dessert and veggie options elsewhere.

We did a fish fry for our rehersal dinner. My husband's uncle has a gorgeous house in a river with a party room that opens out onto a patio and deck. My husband's uncles went fishing, flash-froze the fish, and then all of his family made food - fish, italian beef, pasta, ribs, you name it. Everyone who was in town for the wedding was invited (BYOB) and it was so fun. My relatives still talk about the food, 19 years later.

Not a wedding, but there's a local hot dog joint about 20 minutes away from where I grew up, and for my dad's 50th birthday, we hired their food truck to come to our house and serve everyone hot dogs, fries, and burgers. It was an awesome party and the food was fantastic. I don't know if I'll ever get married or if I'm destined to die alone and only be noticed when I start to stink up my apartment, but I think it would be really fun to have a food truck for the catering, or at least have the food truck people come and cater and put their awesome food in a slightly fancier setting if I go that route.

I think Sept 8th is the real date and that Anna is due any day now. She'll be at the wedding with a 10 day old. I do agree that the bachlorette/bachelor party was done early for her. 

On 8/24/2017 at 1:49 AM, Kangaroo said:

Redemption baby is looking more and more like an early September event. I don't know if they'd plan a wedding given that baby could be coming any day (or expect an extremely small newborn to be there).

When have the Duggars ever balked at making Anna participate in shit while too pregnant to safely and conveniently take part though?

I'm in my friends wedding coming up and she's a vegan, so what is everybody eating. Vegan. It makes sense, but back up plans have been made-just in case. I might love it, but beef tacos sound amazing haha there's also a donut shop right around the corner from the venue so if all else fails. 

We're vegetarian and while we had quite a few vegetarian options we also had a chicken option and a vegan one too.  It was an afternoon wedding with cocktail stations serving a light lunch. For example, wraps with goat cheese, roasted red pepper, roasted chicken, portibello mushrooms, zucchini, and other options. I understand not wanting to support killing animals for your own wedding if you're against it but for me I wanted to make it more about what guests would want. Chicken that was free range seemed like a good compromise.

If I went full veg at my wedding I'd want a few really simple straightforward options that no one would find too 'rabbit food' esque or based on mushrooms/eggplants which not everyone likes. Like a tomato pasta salad.

3 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

We're vegetarian and while we had quite a few vegetarian options we also had a chicken option and a vegan one too.  It was an afternoon wedding with cocktail stations serving a light lunch. For example, wraps with goat cheese, roasted red pepper, roasted chicken, portibello mushrooms, zucchini, and other options. I understand not wanting to support killing animals for your own wedding if you're against it but for me I wanted to make it more about what guests would want. Chicken that was free range seemed like a good compromise.

If I went full veg at my wedding I'd want a few really simple straightforward options that no one would find too 'rabbit food' esque or based on mushrooms/eggplants which not everyone likes. Like a tomato pasta salad.

I'm veggie and have already been told by the grandparents I have to serve some meat at my wedding. Their logic is that since they'll help pay for it I have to serve beef. I'm hoping I can use it as a bargaining chip when they get opinionated about something else 'Ah, yes, you may hate roses, but I'm serving beef! So roses it is!' I love my family most of the time, but my grandfather's hatred of the (large number of) vegetarian family isn't one of those times.

I had planned on going to a vegetarian restaurant for my birthday next month but my mum is already trying to get me to change my plans so Grandad will be happy. Gosh darn it. How did the veggie food go down at your wedding?

6 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

There's a lot of amazing vegetarian dishes and cuisines that aren't too rabbit food-y. There was a completely vegetarian Indian restaurant near where I went to college that had a fantastic lunch buffet that filled you up and tasted amazing: lots of chickpeas, lentils, paneer (a kind of cheese), veggies, spicy sauces, and potatoes. Maybe not everyone likes Indian food, but that's a solid option for satisfying vegetarian food for a crowd.

is anyone else ridiculously curious to know more about the Caldwells? It's been so long since a girl married in lol, and by now the Kellers are well-established in the world fundie followers. We've already deduced that Pastor & the Mrs were not-so-fundie to start off with & Kendra showed up "early" lol.....there also seems to be a bit of a bigger (3-5yr?) gap between the oldest 2 girls and their other 5 kids, based of pictures (http://mbssupplies.com/colbap.com/images/Missionaries/CALDWELLS_Paul__Christina.jpg or http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/20161106_1521120-e1484003527722-225x300.jpg). 

I hope the show or something feeds us more info about the family. 

@ihaveanexamintwodays A good place to start looking for info about the Caldwells is coverage of Pastor Caldwell's campaign for state rep. During his campaign, he distributed (and possibly commissioned) Michelle's famous transphobic robocall. The aim of the call was to overturn Ordinance 119, an anti-discrimination law that protects citizens from being denied housing, employment, and other services based on their race, gender, religion, orientation, and economic status. TL;DR, he passed legislation making it legal to publicly discriminate against people.

I'm sure he got up to some other hideous shenanigans during his run, so that might be a good thing to look into if you're curious.

12 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

You're my dream wedding planner! Like I said, I might LOVE it, but I'm just not sure yet. I do meatless quite a bit too, because meat is expensive, but with drinking a lot, I'm worried I'll be falling all over lol!

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

@ihaveanexamintwodays A good place to start looking for info about the Caldwells is coverage of Pastor Caldwell's campaign for state rep. During his campaign, he distributed (and possibly commissioned) Michelle's famous transphobic robocall. The aim of the call was to overturn Ordinance 119...

I did see that he ran for rep in the Arkansas House, I assume he was not successful as he's continued to pastor since that 2014 run. They're fundie (or at least run in fundie circles), of course they are anti-LGBT equality/etc/etc - who needs the internet to tell them the default lol. I meant what I inquired about the family itself - how they ended up fundie, where they stand in the in the hierarchy ish, where they were before they "planted" in AR, whether Kendra sister-moms as expertly as Jana or Jill, etc. 

I'm mostly curious to see Kendra's background and how it will play into her family with Joe, & how much stereotypical "Duggar" will take over. So far she seems chatty and outgoing, if camera-shy initially, but not particularly assertive so......we shall see!

So I'm gonna jump on the speculation bus and guess that something is going down this weekend. This is based solely on Lawson Bates' Instagram story which shows him, Jim Bob and several brothers (from both families - I think including Joe?) boarding a plane. 

Who is the aviation sleuth here? 

55 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I did see that he ran for rep in the Arkansas House, I assume he was not successful as he's continued to pastor since that 2014 run.

Yup, sorry I didn't make that clear - he did not win the state rep position that he was campaigning for. However, even just campaigning gave him enough of a platform to influence local policies for the worse, which sucks.

(I generally try to be as fair as possible with the people we snark on, but I do not fuck around when it comes to folks who actively try to legislate their weird-ass dogma, especially when it involves making the country less safe for everyone. I.E., Jim Bob, Josh, Taliban Dan And His Culty Clan, and this asshole.)

I still think the wedding will be this coming weekend.  Kendra doesn't really care if Anna is there, Anna won't be a bridesmaid, and I'm pretty sure Joe won't care if Josh is there and he WON'T be a groomsman.  I'm fairly certain Joe & JD are totally over Smugger and could give 2 shits where he is or what he does.  They put up with him when they have too and ONLY when they have too.

I don't think it is dependent. I cant see Kendra being super close to Anna, they're not super close in age and well Smugger is likely hidden because they don't want to remind people of the only other married guy. I guess we will see, they're doing a fairly good job keeping this one under the radar as well.

47 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I still think the wedding will be this coming weekend.  Kendra doesn't really care if Anna is there, Anna won't be a bridesmaid, and I'm pretty sure Joe won't care if Josh is there and he WON'T be a groomsman.  I'm fairly certain Joe & JD are totally over Smugger and could give 2 shits where he is or what he does.  They put up with him when they have too and ONLY when they have too.

I think the bigger issue is that the Bontrager fundie wedding-pallooza is this weekend. I agree that I don't think SmugAnna are important enough to JoKen to plan their entire wedding around, but I'm betting all of fundie land is planning to attend the triple wedding. That's why I'm betting the weekend of Sep. 8, UNLESS JoKen are breaking tradition and planning a small wedding (which is possible if the Caldwells are footing the bill).

13 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I think the bigger issue is that the Bontrager fundie wedding-pallooza is this weekend. I agree that I don't think SmugAnna are important enough to JoKen to plan their entire wedding around, but I'm betting all of fundie land is planning to attend the triple wedding. That's why I'm betting the weekend of Sep. 8, UNLESS JoKen are breaking tradition and planning a small wedding (which is possible if the Caldwells are footing the bill).

I thought that was this past weekend,  where is that wedding is it in NWA or somewhere else, if they were all in the same general vicinity I could see them pulling it off on another day, everyone is already in town so.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived