IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

I think they will get married on August 26 or September 8 or 9(Breanna Alexander is getting married on that day. Do the Duggars know, or have mutual friends with, the Alexanders?)

Duggars  in the wedding party: Joy, JD, Jed, Jer, Josiah, Jason ?????? I wonder how big the wedding party will be. 

I predict Joe and Kendra will have a TLC honeymoon. Maybe they'll get the New Zealand honeymoon since The Vuolos had to cancel because of an earthquake.

The big question is where are they going to live? 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So none of the Duggar properties have been transferred over to Joseph recently? Hmm... I mean, I can't believe that he's bought a house outright without any help from ma and pa. Or that he's... horror of horrors... RENTING!!

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

A bit late to the discussion, but my cousin got married last weekend and had a brunch reception. For the food they combined both cultures, so Indian food and bagels and lox :pb_lol:

What a clever idea!!  

I had a lunch reception with a sandwich bar. There were different kinds of meats, veggies, cheeses, breads, condiments, fresh fruit, etc. I provided cartons for guests to take a mea (or more)l home. Nobody was left hungry.

We did a sit down dinner for our wedding  (marrying on a Thursday in December gave us a bit more leeway in our budget) 

But we did do a sandwich bar for our reversal dinner and it was so well received. We had so many compliments on it.  The rehersal dinner was almost more stress than the wedding because we both had a lot of family coming from away that needed to be invited it had over 30 people. So to feel like I made the right choice was the best thing ever. 

In short: Sandwich bar=best meal choice ever

14 hours ago, LacyMay said:

our reversal dinner

This may be the best typo ever! 

My niece had a pig roast for her wedding reception.  It was a local guy with a rotisserie who was at the hall most of the day cooking.  He did the pig, a side of beef, roast potatoes and roast corn.   She got some salads and some additional veggies from the restaurant she worked at in high school/college and a bunch of cakes, pies and squares from Costco for dessert.  It was served buffet style and her best friends younger sisters manned the buffet table.

Some of the most memorable wedding food I've had.

9 hours ago, Bethella said:

This may be the best typo ever! 

Whooooops but too late to change it now. 

@VGL my mom did a pig roast for her wedding! Same thing, local guy with a rotisserie. I never thought about it before but it's definitely not something I've heard of done a lot. 

Can someone please remind me what Kendra's full name is?

I think the wedding will be either this Saturday, August 26th, or September 9th. I'm not guessing September 2nd because I think they don't want competition with the mega wedding that's happening that day. Something tells me that Joy's wedding will be the only one on a Friday. I feel like they did it because they originally wanted it on Saturday but had trouble because it was Memorial Day weekend. So they just had it a day earlier. My guess for her wedding was May 27th and I was only one day off. Hopefully I'm right again.

58 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

Kendra Renee Caldwell

I'm also leaning toward the 9th

Kendra's mother and sister are on a mission trip, so I think Kendra and Joe will get married in September.

1 hour ago, anaandrade said:

I think the wedding will be either this Saturday, August 26th, or September 9th. I'm not guessing September 2nd because I think they don't want competition with the mega wedding that's happening that day. Something tells me that Joy's wedding will be the only one on a Friday. I feel like they did it because they originally wanted it on Saturday but had trouble because it was Memorial Day weekend. So they just had it a day earlier. My guess for her wedding was May 27th and I was only one day off. Hopefully I'm right again.

I agree about Joy. One of their friends was getting married on the 27th, they couldn't get married in June because they had friends getting married every weekend(plus Ben and Jessa speaking engagements), and Jill was due in July. They weren't going to wait too long.

13 hours ago, anaandrade said:

I'm not guessing September 2nd because I think they don't want competition with the mega wedding that's happening that day. 

What mega wedding? I'm lost.

55 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

What mega wedding? I'm lost.

The Bontragers have 3 sons who are getting married. there will be a double wedding the 1st because 2 of them are getting married to sisters, and the next day the other brother gets married

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

The Bontragers have 3 sons who are getting married. there will be a double wedding the 1st because 2 of them are getting married to sisters, and the next day the other brother gets married

It will be the Fundyweddingpalooza of the Century, and will be livestreamed to boot

I went to a wedding recently where the bride and groom at met at a baseball gameso they served a concessions style dinner. brats, burgers, nachos. I thought it was genius. (and delicious) 

I've never heard of the Bontragers, I need to look them up now.

I am going to keep a sandwich bar and nachos in mind for my wedding. This sounds so good! 

I too think the wedding will be on the 9th. 

Has anyone ever had a food truck? Those have really peaked my interest, like if I can't do it at my wedding I wanna do it for some type of event!

Also thinking the wedding will be September 9th as well!

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Has anyone ever had a food truck? Those have really peaked my interest, like if I can't do it at my wedding I wanna do it for some type of event!

Also thinking the wedding will be September 9th as well!

We had a food truck for an employee lunch at work.  Food was good but it took a long time to serve everyone.  Around 75 people.   Following year we had a BBQ caterer come and for just a bit more money per person we got a 3 course meal with drinks and everyone was served in about 10 minutes.

There was a triple wedding in Canada last weekend

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-wedding-three-brothers-1.4255541

Hmmm, perhaps I'll hand paint a wooden sign (let's not get fancy and call my cursive calligraphy) with some sort of thank you for waking up early cleverness . Shove it on a side table with light continental breakfast offerings and breakfast tacos for the pre-mingling and people helping out/ getting ready. Fuel anyone who wants to wander the gardens, prevent anyone from being hangry, give the parents easy access to food for the kiddos, make everyone not hate us and set the day up for success with early access to a purse taco. 

That is good to know @VGL! Was the BBQ cater also a food truck?

Also that triple wedding, not my cup of tea especially cause once my sister brought it up with doing that with my twin brother and I was like I don't need to share anything else with the kid!

A double wedding for the Bontraegers, and another the next day. Hmmmn. Is that why JD and Jana haven't been married off? Think of the ratings, people....and then, if they induce whichever sibling/spouse at the reception.......sweeps week GOLD.

I'm starting to think they won't be married until late September at the earliest.

Redemption baby is looking more and more like an early September event. I don't know if they'd plan a wedding given that baby could be coming any day (or expect an extremely small newborn to be there).

There was about 5 weeks between Joy's Wedding and Jill's birth. I don't think they'd plan the wedding until 2-3 weeks after the due date to make sure there is no chance of a clash!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived